Chapter 19

Jimin's POV

When I had stepped in minute ago, I had had no idea what I would hear. I had been going to slip past Jungkook to my room and not let him in, I had expected him to ask questions the minute I got in. But no.

I had had miserable time outside. I had been cold, alone, and an old lady had stopped me and asked if I was okay. I had been so confused about everything – about Jungkook and about the fact that someone had asked if I was okay – that I had spoken nonsense and continued running. I had run far and cried, the usual. I had felt so anxious my body had started to shake uncontrollably until I had fallen to the ground.

I had thought about my feelings about Jungkook. I hadn't been sure what I felt, but I had been so sure that he felt nothing towards me. Or maybe he had, but it wasn't in the same way. Why else would he had, out of nowhere, tried to kiss me? I hadn't done anything that would've made him want to kiss me. In fact I was positive I had looked bad while dancing and sweating. And I don't know... He showed my abs... But on the other hand he was nice to me and was genuinely curious about me...

Jungkook was so confusing.

I had walked home slowly, taking in deep breaths that did nothing. I had felt like I couldn't breathe. How unfair was that when I finally thought someone would care about me, he didn't really like me?

That's why I had been beyond dumbfounded when I arrived home and heard Jungkook blabbering about how he liked me. He had called me beautiful, which I wasn't. He had told Sumin how his heart did something every time I smiled, when I hadn't even realized I had been smiling that much. He had said how he thought I was funny and that had warmed my heart. He had said that he liked me and didn't know what to do. It had made me realize that maybe this all was just a misunderstanding.

Because the truth was that I felt something for him, too.

Jungkook and I were staring at each other and I couldn't stop smiling. Nobody had ever talked that way about me. A lot of people had always treated me like air and I had thought I was that to everybody. Then someone told me that they enjoyed hearing me laugh? It was weird, but not in a bad way. In a good, very good way.

Sumin cleared her throat. "So... I guess I'm going to go now..."

I moved my eyes to her and shook my head. "No, we'll go upstairs to talk." I took Jungkook's hand and was about to drag him with me to upstairs, which took a lot of effort since he was still a little shocked form seeing me, but Sumin started to talk again.

"Oh, okay. I can make dinner, then."

I stopped as guilt swept over me. I never made food even though I was the oldest. "No, I can –"

"Jimin." Sumin smiled and I knew she knew what I was feeling. "It's okay. I like cooking. And to be honest I don't want your help or Jungkook's. You guys burn everything."

"Sorry", we said in unison.

"So, Jimin, don't worry about it. You don't have to take care of it."

I nodded, feeling like I didn't take care of anything, but I was brought back by Jungkook squeezing my hand I hadn't even realized I was still holding. Or maybe it was him holding my tiny hand. I continued climbing up the stairs with Jungkook and I pulled him to my room and on my bed. I sat in the middle of the bed and crossed my legs while looking at Jungkook, who looked a little awkward and lost. He sat on the edge of the bed and was avoiding my gaze.

"Jimin, I –" he started.

"Did you mean it?" I asked, cutting him of.

He raised his gaze to meet mine and I could see he was confused as well. Still, he answered immediately. "Yes." He blushed and tried to look away, but I moved closer and stopped him moving his head with my hand.