Chapter 6

Eun Ah POV

Min Ji jumped on my back.

"Hey, your friend or what I call the intern is so hot, don't you think so?" She placed her chin on my shoulder.

"He, my friend? He's not." She got off my back when she saw that Sungyeol is coming towards us.

"Then what about just now? You shouted at him and he did the same too. He is also coming along too." She pointed at him who was coming closer and closer.

Feeling nervous,I pulled Min Ji closer to me. "Cooperate with me, can't you see that I'm acting?" I whispered in her ear.

"Why must I cooperate with you? Reason?"

"Shh, he is coming. Help me." I covered her mouth with my hand. We looked at each other one more time to indicate that the plan had started.

"Eunah, let's go." He placed his hands on my shoulders. I shrugged it away immediately. I looked at him with the 'Don't mess with me' eyes.

"Who are you to touch me? We are just a intern and a employee relationship." He pouted.

"Ah wae? Why are you ignoring me like this? I already apologised, can't you accept it and be friends with me again?"

"No means no. I'm still angry." I folded my arms.

"If she's angry, then you should not pester her like this. She doesn't like people pestering her. Anyways, my name is Han Min Ji. We are in the same department." He shook Min Ji's hands.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lee sungyeol."

I cleared my throat to get their attention. The two looked at me.

"Where do you want to eat? I haven't decided yet." I asked them.

"How about that restaurant? You liked the food a lot and you would always drag me along to eat at there." Min Ji pointed to the restaurant with the name 'Grandma's Kitchen'.

"Eunah, you liked the food there? I didn't know that you have taste like this."

"Let's go there then"

Min Ji linked her arm in mine while Sungyeol just awkwardly walked with us to the restaurant.

"Welcome to Grandma's Kitchen, for 3 people?" The waiter asked the 3 of us.

I nodded my head and the waitress led us to the seats near the window.

A lady in her 60s came up to my table.

"Eun Ah, coming here to eat? You sure have not come here for a long time. Min Ji ssi is here too."

"Annyeonghaseyo, Halmeoni." The both of us stood up to greet the boss of this restaurant with a heartwarming hug.

"Aigoo, my kids. Who is this young man? Someone new in the company?"

"He is our intern. He only started working today." Min Ji explained.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Halmeoni. My name is Lee Sungyeol." Sungyeol stood up and gave a 90 degree bow towards Halmeoni.

"Aigoo, don't need to be so formal. You can also call me Halmeoni or Aunt Kim. I run this restaurant for a couple of years already. All the employees here loved the food I cooked a lot. You will surely love it too."

The same employee that greeted us at the entrance came up to Halmeoni.

"Boss, orders are coming up, don't you need to get back to the kitchen?"

"Oh my, once the three of you came, I forgotten about everything I needed to do. I will talk with you all when I have the time. Bye for now."

"Halmeoni is so funny. I like her. How did she even work here?" Sungyeol exclaimed.

"Let me tell you a secret. Only the both of us know." I told sungyeol.

"What is it that is so secretive?" Sungyeol leaned closer to me.

"Halmeoni don't work here without a reason. She is actually the CEO's paternal grandma. She is worried that her grandson don't have the time to eat so she opened a restaurant near the company to keep track of her grandson's meal times. Make sure to look away when the CEO comes in. It would be so embarrassing if everyone in the company knows about it. Can you keep a secret about it?" I explained everything to him. Hope that he doesn't tell this to everyone or we might end up in big trouble.

"I get it, don't worry. I can keep secrets very well." He gave us a 'okay' sign that he made with his fingers.

Just then the CEO came in. Sungyeol immediately turned towards another direction. We did that too as it always has been our habit to do it when the CEO comes in to have a meal.

Sungyeol only turned back to face us when he heard the CEO has already sat down.

He turned his head around to see where the CEO is seated at.

"No point looking around. Sajangnim is in his private room." Min Ji told him.

"Heol, he even has his own room. What is he even?"

"Just what Eun Ah had just said, he is the CEO."

"The CEO always get to live like this Huh? One day, I will also become like the CEO."

"You are going to be the CEO?" I asked.

"Nope, I am going to be my own boss and open my own restaurant like Halmeoni."

"Wow." Min Ji exclaimed.

"The food is here. Let's dig in." I said.

--------------------------------------------

"That would be 7,500 won. Eunah ssi." The waiter told me.

I was going to take out my wallet from my handbag when Sungyeol stopped me from doing it.

"I will paid for yours too. Today is my first day meeting you. You need not to paid, it is my treat."

"Oh Ok......."

My heart fluttered a bit when he offered to paid for my meal. I was going to stop him from doing that but my heart did not react to it. It was controlling my emotions and actions.

Min Ji whispered in my ear. "Why don't you forgive him? He even offered to paid for your meal."

I smiled. Actually........ I have already forgave him from the second that I saw him this morning. Seeing him in person made me feel relieved. It's good to see you, my lifelong friend. Thanks for meeting you again.