Chapter 9

Jaejoong POV

It was almost lunch break that I went to the pantry to get drinks. I saw a familiar figure there. She turned around and saw me. She seemed annoyed about it and wanted to walk away from me. I wonder why?

"Are you serious going to avoid me again? Even if we can't be a couple, we can at least be friends." I stopped EunAh at the pantry. She was getting coffee for herself and someone else. Is it for Min Ji ssi or that guy?

"It is not like you are that desperate for girls, you have a bunch of them in the whole company. All together, they at least have a hundred of your diehard fans."

"But I only like you out of all of them. Can't you see how I treated you and how I treated the other girls? It is completely different."

"Mr Kim, I don't want to hear another thing, I am taken."

"That guy? He's not going to last. I'm sure. In terms of financial qualities, I am better than him by a million times."

"Even if he is not rich, he is the one that can make me happy. You can't and this makes you different from him, understand?" She walked off.

"Just give up on her, you do know that you won't stand much chance when she is already taken." I felt a hand over my shoulder.

"Noona!! Don't say things that make me sad." I turned around, it is my elder sister. Kim Tae Hee, she is my general manager.

"Just go and find someone that suits you. I'm tired of seeing you trying to make her your girlfriend. What is not meant to be is not meant to be. Seriously, just give up and focus on your work."

"But---"

"But what? Your job is more important now." She cut me off.

"Even so, I can't be working all my life. I want someone to be around with me when I retire. I need to marry. I'm already 27."

"So what? I got married just last year. Times have changed now, Jaejoong-ah. If you have the ability to earn as money as you can to provide for your wife, it would be alright. So just work now."

"But--" I tried to say something but she cut me off once again.

"Let's get lunch, Halmeoni must be waiting for us." She pushed me gently.

--------
Eun Ah POV

Doesn't he need to work too? Why does he have so much time flirting with the girls in the company? I wondered to myself. I wasn't looking at where I am going.

"EunAh, you are going to drop the coffee. Be careful." A voice guided me and took the two cups of coffee off my hands and placed on the table. It was Sungyeol. I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Luckily, you are here or I would burn somebody with the coffee that I am carrying. Thanks."

"Where's my share? Why did you only brewed coffee for sungyeol?" Minji went to my desk and said in despair when she realised that I didn't brewed coffee for her.

"Ouh Mianhae, I forgot yours. Let me go back to the pantry."

"Let me come with you, I got something to ask you." She put her arm around mine and gestured me to come with her.

"Sure, of course. What coffee do you want today?" I asked her. She didn't reply. Instead, she kept walking straight ahead.

Once we reached the pantry, I went to the coffee machine but Min Ji stopped me.

"Girl, tell me all about it."

"About what?? Didn't you want coffee?"

"About you and the CEO. Coffee can come later."

"Him? There is nothing between us. He is the one that keeps on wooing me."

"But at least you have someone wooing after you while I.... I'm still single at 26 year old."

"I'm single too, okay?? I seriously have no feelings for the CEO, well except for one guy." I accidentally said out my feelings. What is with me??

"Who is that one guy?"

"Nothing. What coffee do you want?"

"Don't try to change the subject. You are making me more curious. Spill!!"

"No one, I love myself. Yea...... Myself."

"Cha Eun Ah!!"

"Fine... I'll tell."

"Who is it??"

"Lee....." I felt someone was hearing our conversation at the same time. It felt like someone so familiar.

I put my head out and saw Sungyeol leaning against the wall to listen to our conversation.

"Lee Sung Yeol!!! What are you doing here??"

"Ahhh, nothing. I was trying to look for something. Nothing else. Really."

--------
Sungyeol POV

They are acting so suspicious, makes me want to go investigate.

After they have went to the pantry, I sneaked to the wall near the pantry to hear their conversation.

I can only hear bits and pieces of it as they are talking quite softly.

"I'm single...... I seriously...... no feelings...... CEO, well..... one guy." One guy? Who is that one guy??

"Don't try.....change the subject."

"Cha Eun Ah!!"

"Fine... I'll tell." Quickly tell!!

"Lee....." Is it me??? Or......

"Lee Sung Yeol!!! What are you doing here??" I was so shocked that I fell to the floor with a loud thud.

I looked up and saw Eun Ah. Since when did she even notice me?

"Ahhh, nothing. I was trying to look for something. Nothing else. Really!! Found it..." I tried to think of a random excuse.

"Glad you found it, now go back to your seat."

"Yes Mdm!!" I ran back to my seat as soon as I can.

Now that I am safe.

Who is that person anyways??

-------

"Eun Ah, who do you like??" I asked her while walking home with her.

"No-one....."

"Really???"

"Ya.."

"Really???" I nudged her.

"How many times I have to tell you? NO ONE!!!! OKAY!!!" She shouted to me.

"What is with you these days?? Is it the time of the month for you??"

"NO!! Seriously just leave me alone and just do your thing!! Don't you know that you are very annoying, Choding-ah?" She slapped my left cheek and ran away crying.

What did I just do?? What is with her??