Chapter 21

EunAh

I went to work with shades in order to hide away the puffy eyes that I have gotten from crying consistently for the past weekend.

It's been two days since that and I am still tearing up every now and then whenever I thought about him. Even the chips that he frequently eats makes me tear up.

I'm trying so hard to forget about him but it is too hard. Is it because he is the first person that I loved?? 

I greeted the co-workers in the lift and pressed the lift buttons for them. I arrived at the floor and made my way to my desk without making any eye contact with anyone in the department, not even MinJi.

I sat down on my desk, checking out new emails in my email account before continuing on my reports. I was going to continue when the laptop suddenly shut down by itself.

Did it ran out of battery?? I thought to myself while checking the laptop. Nope, I clearly remembered that I just charged it this morning. How could it ran out so fast??

"Stop checking, I was the one that shut it down." I looked down and saw MinJi.

I tried to trying to switch it on but she took the laptop away from me by force.

"Hey!!"

"You can work later but first we need to talk." She said and I followed her.

Guess that I have to tell the truth eventually..

She brought me up to the rooftop and I stood awkwardly at the door while she sat in front of me.

"So what happened this past weekend between you and SungYeol??" She asked, crossing her arms at me.

"Nothing happened."

"Then what's with the shades?? Got a sty??"

"Nope."

"Then what's the problem?? I asked SungYeol the same question and he said the same too. Did the two of you fought?? You guys were still fine on Friday evening."

"Yes, we fought and we decided that it is best that we break up. I can't bear being with this liar."

"What did he do??"

"He worked part time again without my consent. I was kept in the dark for like a week without even knowing that he worked. How stupid was I??"

"He did that??" She asked and I nodded. She immediately pulled me into her embrace. "Maybe he had a reason to work part time."

"Even so, he should tell me. He didn't tell me and even lied to me. How can I continue to be with someone that constantly lied to me?? Can you??"

"Of course not, it is like he doesn't trust you as much as you do. There are no trust between the both of you."

"That's exactly my point." I looked at my phone. It is 8.55, 5 minutes before work officially starts.

"Let's get back to work and forget about that bastard at the same time. We are going to have meals together more often since that bastard is now out of the picture." MinJi said and I nodded going back into the company.

"Are you going to keep wearing this until end of work??" She said referring to my shades.

"You got a problem with that?? My eyes are still puffy. I need to take care of my image."

"What image do you even have??"

"Being pretty and elegant at work." I flipped my hair like a diva.