Chapter 24

SungYeol

I sat down at the restaurant that Noona told me to meet her at. Apparently, I told her that I wanted to meet her fiance.

Last night, when I found out that EunAh was supposedly kidnapped by her ex-boyfriend, I had a hunch that the person that kidnapped her must be around me somewhere and I knew where he is as they have the same name and it is really rare for two people with the same name to appear in our lives at the same time.

I didn't ask for his surname when I was still on the call with my sister. I was too shocked to say anything else. Who wouldn't be shocked that your sister is going to marry someone you don't even know??

I told HakYeon Hyung and Leo that the one that my sister is going to marry is the exact same person that kidnapped EunAh. I'm sure about that.

The reason?? My sister wouldn't have the time to actually date if she is on drugs or alcohol. He must have gotten close to her for some weird reason that I don't know of.

Upon hearing that, Leo said "Arrange a meeting with your sister and him immediately. HakYeon will be watching you from afar while you meet the two of them."

Seems that we have the same thoughts.

"SungYeol, you doing fine??" HakYeon spoke through the microphone while I have the wireless earpiece to record our conversation with the both of them. As expected from the police, the gadgets provided are all very advanced. 

The both of us are now at the restaurant and Leo is heading towards the place that EunAh is supposedly being kidnapped at. Her GPS is still turned on and Leo is able to track it down within a few seconds.

"I'm doing fine, can't they come any sooner??"

I am very nervous as I don't know what exactly will happen to EunAh while I am here trying to find who the heck my sister is marrying. What if he gets rid of her today?? I can't imagine what will happen to her, it is too scary.

I saw a tall man wearing a long trench coat walking to the shop with someone clinging on to me. That's my sister and he must be Makoto.

"Now. Try to sound happy, hide your feelings for now." He told me and I stood up showing my usual happy expression to the two people that is making their way to the table.

They stopped by the table. "SungYeol, this is my fiance, Makoto Fujioka."

She looked towards her fiance. "He is my little brother, Lee SungYeol. He is now working as an employee at one of the biggest companies in Korea."

I showed my biggest smile that I could ever make and shook his hands. That guy has a beautiful smile and he had a long scar below his eye to the middle of his cheek. I wonder how he got this scar from.

"Nice to meet you. How should I call you??"

"Makoto, Makoto would be fine." He said and we took my seats with me sitting opposite the both of them.

"SungYeol-Ah, I never expected that you would want to meet your future brother-in-law so soon. I was planning to bring him home so you and Omma could meet him altogether."

"I want to see what kind of a person is he and how certain that he wouldn't cheat on you or just be using you for some unknown reason."

"SungYeol, don't be too obvious. Ask more about his life."

I let my emotions control me rather than I let my brain control me. I can't do this again or he will suspect and we are done for.

"Sorry, that came out wrong. I was trying to say that I would like to know more about your life."

"My life?? I lived in America when I was ten and I moved here a few years ago. I met your sister when I was going to the supermarket and I paid for her shopping. I realize that she is someone that I should and would protect. That's my reason for marrying her."

"Doesn't sound that convincing to me. Ask him more about how he got that scar. Makoto got it when he was caught having a fight with another gang. A knife slits through his face and that left a scar. He wouldn't tell you the exact reason why, instead he would say he got it when he was riding a bike and knocked into a tree. By luck, there was a broken glass piece on the floor and that cut his face. He isn't the type of person to tell you the real reason, he is very secretive."

"Then how about your scar on your face?? How did you get it??"

"This??" He ran his hands touching the scar and slightly laughed. "I rode a bike and knocked into a tree. There was a broken glass piece on the floor at the right moment and that slit my face. Funny, right??"

He is Makoto.

My facial expressions became angrier and I covered it up instantly by laughing a little.

"We have to leave now. I'm leaving first, meet me in the car."

I quickly thought of a way to distract him. "You sure have bad luck, I have a similar story like this too. Do you remember, Noona??"

"Did I?? I don't rem--"

Of course, you don't remember because it didn't happen in the first place.

"Ah, I realized that I have something on right at this moment. I'm going off first. Have a good meal with your fiancee." I said getting up from my seat. "Let's see each other more often, Makoto."

"Sure thing." He said and I fake smiled.

I left the restaurant and looked at my phone looking at the digital map where it shows one's whereabouts. There is no response from EunAh which made me sigh for the infinite time.

*Ring Ring*

I took out my phone. It was from HakYeon Hyung.

"Yeoboseyo??"

"I have been trying to find you, where are you at??"

"Outside the restaurant, I have just come out. Are you with Leo now??"

"He is in the vicinity so I am now on the way to pick him up. He said that he had some bad news to tell us about."

"Then I will wait for you at L's Cafe, the one that is in a hidden alley." I said making my way to the coffee shop which is hidden in an alley. They sell really good coffee and they are done by my high school friend who is now a well-known Barista.

Apparently, there are a lot of hidden restaurants like the one that I had just entered but the bad thing is that it is hard to locate them.

You may get kidnapped at any time because no one knows as it is in a hidden alley and no one goes to it. No one would know if you died in there.

A hand covered my mouth and I struggled to get out of it. It must be a guy, I'm sure of that. No woman is that strong. He put a force on my neck and the next thing I knew I was blindfolded and my mouth was gagged with a cloth.

Someone, help me.