Chapter 22

SungYeol

We sat in the clubroom that the team manager booked for us just this morning when we were in a meeting. We were all waiting for the drinks to arrive.

"It is sad that you are leaving us after interning for so much months, you could have been an official employee if you stay for another month. Can't you not leave the company??" This employee asked for the umpteenth time.

I bet that she is drunk, been drinking ever since we entered this very room. Does she drink very frequently like Noona??

"Like I said, I had my own reasons to leave the company and the decision is final."

"Then what's the reason?? I bet that it is something secretive." She asked while gulping down on another drink. How many drinks is that already?? I looked at the table, 5 glasses have been emptied by her.

"It's--" I heard a thud and she was down. That's why don't drink too much before eating anything.

"Let her lay down while we continue to celebrate. The hour is still early." The team manager said and the drinks that our group ordered arrived just in time.

One male employee made her lay down on the couch and we picked up our glasses to make a toast to me leaving the company, something that I never expected to happen.

I thought that I would be just leaving the company with my personal stuff placed in a box just like how it is portrayed in the dramas where the character gets fired by the manager or the CEO but it feels good to get treated by other people.

We toasted and drank the alcohol that we had in our glasses. One after another until two thirds of the department gets knocked out and are all laying in all sorts of places.

Only EunAh, me and MinJi are still sober. EunAh avoided alcohol as she couldn't handle alcohol very well whereas MinJi, a heavy drinker was downing down wine glass after glass. I wonder how much she can even drink??

"SungYeol, why aren't you drinking any??" She passed me a drink. "I know that EunAh can't drink much but you can."

"Sure." I said drinking the alcohol in one shot.

"That's the way!! You can't leave without getting drunk, that's the rule."
"Ok....." I said and she knocked her head on the table, she's down and defeated. I looked over to EunAh who is still highkey avoiding my eye contact with her.

"I have something to say to you." I said.

"Let's go home." EunAh said while trying to drag MinJi but I stopped her in time.

"You can go home after that. It won't take that long." I said getting out of the room and she sighed following me from behind.

I stopped near the toilets and I stood against the wall. She faced me crossing her arms at me.

"I....I'm going to quit the company."

"I know, that's why I am being forced to be here."

"The reason why I chose to quit is because I want to prove to you that I can support you and my family at the same time."

"That's what you are doing your whole time, by working part time. I get your point, you want to be a part-time worker all your life. Are you going to support me by working part-time??"

That's not what supposed to mean...

"I--"

"Forget it. Whatever you say, we are never getting back again and you can continue to work part time. Good luck." She said leaving.

I chased after her and she is gone in an instant. Where has she gone to?? Has she gone back to the room to get MinJi??

I had this thinking in my brain while going back into the room full of drunkards. I peeked my head through the door and found no one sober in the room.

Everyone is still dead drunk and seemed as if they are not going to wake up any sooner. No one is near MinJi, MinJi is still in here.

Where did EunAh even go to??

I came out of the room and definitely heard a muffled scream but ignored it. Maybe it is someone else.

If she is not here, maybe she went back home. I took my stuff and left the club moving to my new destination - EunAh's house.

I knocked on the door and her brother opened the door. "Eo SungYeol-ah?? EunAh is not at home right now."

"She is not at home??" I asked and he nodded.

"Why??"

"We had a talk and she cut me off running away. I chased after me and I lost her. She wasn't in the club either."

"This seems weird... EunAh would tell me her whereabouts all the time even if she is just going to the convenience store just a neighborhood away." He said and I agreed with it. This is seriously too weird.

He sighed. "Come in." He said opening the door wider for me to enter.

He sat down on the couch and began calling all the people which I know is not a lot of people.

I sat down beside him trying to figure out where EunAh have been. I kept thinking of that muffled scream that I heard as well. Could it be EunAh??

"What else happened at the club when you were finding EunAh??" He asked. while still on the phone.

"There were no one around but I heard a very soft muffled scream, as if someone got abducted. My guess is EunAh."

His eyes doubled in size. "Really?? You are saying that EunAh has been abducted??"

"I don't want to believe that but it is a possibility that she is being kidnapped. Whoever that is, I will kill him if I caught him."

"Have you seen any weird people around EunAh recently??"

Someone weird?? There is one.

"There is." Could it be that guy??

"Who??"

"A tall guy taller than me was harassing her in front of the convenience store a few days ago during lunch time."

"How did that guy look like??"

"I couldn't see him clearly through the window but I know EunAh is very scared of him."

"Could it be him??" HakYeon hyung said.

"Who?? Is it someone that I should know about??"

"Yes. That person is Makoto Fujioka, EunAh's ex-boyfriend."

"What about it??" EunAh's ex-boyfriend??

He sighed. "Guess that I have to tell you every single thing so you would understand exactly how dangerous this person is. Need any drinks??"

"Plain water will do." I said making myself more comfortable. What is it that I needed to know about the past between him and EunAh??