Chapter 23

SungYeol

I sat down with the glass of plain water in front of me which HakYeon Hyung gave it to me.

"Gomawo Hyung." I said and he sat down opposite me with a very stern expression. He is a very different Cha HakYeon who I usually see all the time.

He cleared his throat. "So which part do you want to hear about first??"

"That guy. I want to know all about him."

"About Makoto Fujioka, they met in high school. Everyone thought that he was a good guy and is someone who can take care of EunAh for life. Well, that was only for a short while. Al pm that died down when I saw Makoto and EunAh in a dark alley getting high in drugs. Heroine specifically."

Drugs?? EunAh did this??

"Of course, she was influenced by that guy to do all sorts of things. I brought her home by force and forced her to tell me every single thing."

"And what did she say??"

"She said we didn't care about her well-being and had to depend on her boyfriend. I told her to quit but she refused. She ran away from home for 3 years. That was the last time that I ever saw her healthy and in tip-top condition."

I saw a tear fall out of HakYeon Hyung's eye. I gave him a piece of tissue paper to wipe the tear away. I guess that it made him remember what exactly happened that night and that had hurt him a lot.

He took it and blew his nose as well.

"What happened next?? What happened to her for the 3 years that she ran away from home??"

"One day, when I was returning back from work, I got a call from the police that they found EunAh. She wasn't in good condition and was arrested."

My eyes doubled in size upon hearing the words 'arrested'. She was once arrested??

"But fret not, my friend helped her out a lot. He helped to explain to the judges that she was not willing to consume those and that lifted her off the jail sentence. She wasn't really jailed, she was being fined and had to do community work to pay off for that."

I slightly smiled, relieved that she didn't really go to jail but eventually still committed a crime.

But what about him??

"That guy was arrested officially for the mass trafficking of drugs and was sentenced for a couple of years. I heard that he was just released a few months ago. He hated me a lot for separating him and EunAh apart. He vowed that he would track the both of us no matter what and get his revenge back."

"So that's why EunAh was so afraid of him." I linked back to the main point. "What if it is really him that took away EunAh??"

"There is no 'what if', I'm certain that it is him. That's why I invited someone to help us."

"Who??"

"Remember the person that helped to lessen EunAh's sentence?? I called him earlier to help us again."

I slightly jumped up, happy that someone capable is willing to help but the fact that EunAh is now stuck with that bastard boils my blood so much.

"What did he say??"

"He is in Korea and will be soon. He is nearby."

*Knock knock*

"Is that him??" I said and he nodded.

"The one and only." He went to the door and opened it revealing a tall and skinny guy in a black top to bottom. Is he a private eye??

"Yo! Long time no see!!" He hugged his friend who doesn't seem to have any reaction. What a weird relationship they have...

"Aren't I here for business?? Get off me." He pushed his poor friend away. He has such a soft voice, doesn't really match with his tall and thin physique.
I stood up. "You must be SungYeol right??" He shook my hands.

"Yes, I am. You??"

"Call me Leo. An old friend of this guy right here." He said taking a seat next to me in the coolest way ever with a cup of latte in his hand too.

I looked at the time on the clock.

12.42am

Who the hell drinks a latte in the middle of the night?? Do they even sell latte at this time??

"Summarise the main points to me, Cha HakYeon..." He demanded while sipping on his latte.

"I told him all about Makoto Fujioka and we suspect that he might be the one that got EunAh. He said that they met a few days ago."

"EunAh never said anything about him and it is clear that she is trying to avoid him at all costs." I added. "Leo, do you think that you can track him down??"

"Tracking him down?? That's hard. A person like him would never install any GPS on his gadgets as he is a very scheming person."

"Then how?? We have to quickly find EunAh as soon as possible. Who knows what would he even do to EunAh??"

"I know, that's why I'm trying." Leo said, pulling out a laptop from his backpack.

He logged on to the software and on the screen, there were green words on the black background just like how detectives solve cases in dramas.

"Where did you see him with EunAh??"

"3 days ago outside the convenience store, EunAh was struggling to get out of his sight."

"I bet he started his plan a very long time ago so long that he even knew where EunAh works and maybe even about you. He knew that the two of you broke up and took the chance to kidnap her. Am I right??" He gave me the full explanation. I nodded.

*Ring Ring*

I looked at my phone. It is from SungKyung noona.

"I need to take this. It's my sister. " I said before going into the kitchen to take the call.

"Yeoboseyo??"

"SungYeol-ah............" It seems like Noona is crying.

"Why noona?? Why are you crying??"

"Makoto....."

"What about him??" That name sounded very familiar to me, why did I hear that from??

"He proposed to me just earlier. We are getting married."