Chapter 15

SungYeol

I looked at the time on my watch, it is already 8.30. I am going to be late any minute.

I told EunAh to wait for me at the coffee shop, I bet she is freezing there already. It is all my fault, I should have gotten up early.

The alarm clock didn't go off and thus I was late for 15 minutes.

"EunAh!!!!" I shouted her name as soon as I saw her figure standing with her hands in her pockets.

She turned around and her face didn't look very happy. I hugged her tightly and patted her head.

"EunAh, I'm sorry for last night. I'm sorry for hanging up your call just like that. Please forgive me."

I hope that she would forgive me, she looks so scary when she is angry.

"Just go already, we are going to be late." She took my hand and we ran to the company as fast as we can.

We seriously can't afford to be late as the CEO is super strict. If you are late three times, you can kiss the company goodbye.

You can't even reapply for the company anymore. Once you are late 3 times, you are on the company's blacklist.

That's how strict the company is, that is why there are more employees leaving the company than joining the company every year. No one is able to escape from it.

We reached the company, there was 2 security officers standing at the entrance of the building. They were holding a piece of all the names of the people in the company.

I looked at the clock, we are definitely late now. It is already 8.40.

We walked up to the security officers and they stopped us as usual.

"Name??"

"Intern Lee SungYeol and Cha EunAh." I replied him.

"You two are late once, make sure not to commit the same mistake again and wake up early."

"Yes.." We said in unison.

What is this.... This is exactly like how discipline masters stand outside the school everyday to catch latecomers.

Am I still in high school or what??

We boarded the lift and we arrived at our department. Everyone turned to face us as soon as they heard the lift open.

I walked to my desk and pretended that nothing happened. You can't possibly tell everyone that you are late and got a warning from the security officer right??

"You are late??" A fellow colleague asked me.

I kept silent. I wasn't being rude to the colleague beside me. The thing is that I don't even know him.

I know that he sits like next to me but we have not officially worked together for a project yet.

"That's why you shouldn't stay up so late doing that weird thing in front of the computer, if you know what I mean."

This person is crazy.... So crazy...

I cleared my throat and that made him shut up. Good, now he doesn't bother me. I switched on my computer and continued from where I last stopped.

This project is a big one, if our team is able to win over the client, the client might sign one of the biggest contact ever signed.

This is a great opportunity for me as I am able to promote to be a regular employee if it goes as planned.

Then I wouldn't need to work at that convenience store anymore and EunAh won't find out by then.

*Message Ringtone*

Who is the person that messaged me and most importantly how did he or she got my number?? Could it be one of our client??

I stopped work for a while and unlocked the password on my phone.

Unknown number
2 messages

Sungyeol?? Are you Lee SungYeol??

I am Noona, your sister.

Noona?? Why is she texting me at this time?? Did she get a new phone??

Why?? You want to get more money from me??

Noona

No, I just came to tell you that you need not give me money anymore.

Why?? You got money from someone?? Is it from a illegal moneylender??

Noona

No, I had recently got a new boyfriend and he promised that he would take care of me.

Are you sure that he would take care of you?? What if he is like that bastard that left you because you were broke??

Noona

Don't worry, Makoto is a nice person. He is far from that bastard. You can trust my eyes.

As if, then what happened to the other men that left her?? She seriously doesn't learn from her mistakes till now.

And Makoto?? Is her new boyfriend a Japanese??

"Yah!! I have been calling you for a few minutes, why didn't you reply me??" I suddenly heard MinJi's voice echoed through my ear.

I immediately switched off my phone and turned to face her.

"Er... Just dealing with a old time client??"

"Mr Kim SungKyu??" That annoying small-eyed client....

"Yes, him. He has been texting me saying that he wanted to work with us again."

"That's why, he is such a good client. So what did you say??"

"I rejected him."

"Why?? Did he ask for any outrageous requests??"

"He asked me if we could produce a 5 minute CF on one of his products. It could take a lot of time if we work with him at this time. It is better to work with him after this big project ends."

Don't ask me anymore questions, I don't know what to reply you anymore.
"I agree too. Better engage him after this project ends, arraseo?? Meeting is in 10 minutes."

I gave a ok with my fingers and she went away. I turned back and heaved a sigh of relief.

Can't believe that I just told her a very big lie, Mr Kim SungKyu would be very mad if he knows about this.

I just can't tell anyone that I have this kind of a situation at home. It would be even more complicated if I tried to explain. I might even get fired, I can't get fired.