Nine

You woke up the next day still thinking about the tweets from last night. You had to admit, you were kind of nervous about telling Robert about it, even though he probably already knew.

Before you could even properly get up, you here a knock on the door. You slowly but surely make your way out of bed and answer the door. To no surprise, it was Robert.

"Hey, sorry if I woke you up." Robert said.
"It's okay." You said.
"So... I kinda wanted to talk to you about something." Robert said.
"I know, I saw it too..." You responded.
"Do you think we could talk about it downstairs, or on the way to the convention?"
"I wish I could, but I have to get down there since I have that booth for me." Robert said.
"Oh yeah, that's right." You responded.
"Maybe with me and you not around each other at the convention it could help?" Robert asked.

You had an upset feeling in your stomach when you felt that. You weren't feeling nauseous, it just hurt to hear him say that. But at the same time, he did have a point.

"Okay..." You nodded.
"Then maybe once tonight ends and we have no problems then we can just shrug it off." Robert suggested.
"Okay." You said.
"Alright, then maybe I'll see you down there." Robert said as he began leaving.
"You won't because we won't be around each other remember?" You joked.
"Oh yeah." Robert responded with a chuckle.

You then shut the door and got changed into a t-shirt and jeans and grabbed your badge to get into the convention. After double checking to make sure you had everything, you headed downstairs, got a quick bite to eat and then headed over to the convention.

You noticed a crowd of people already at the convention. You became nervous as you thought about the people who took those photos of you and Robert and if they would even recognize you. But you knew you couldn't let that stop you. You came here to have a good time.

You began looking around and going through booths and other merchandise. You even bought a few things. As you reached the other side of the convention, you noticed Robert with a bunch of fans waiting to meet him at his booth. You didn't want to approach him or wave to him in case of anybody being suspicious.

You were just about to "all-clear" yourself when you suddenly noticed three girls approach you. You even recognized them as the group of girls who took a photo with Robert yesterday.

"Hi." The first girl said with a simple smile. "I have a few questions for you."
"No, I'm not Robert's girlfriend." You immediately responded. "We're just good friends who we recognized online."
"Really?" The second girl asked. "Because you seemed awfully clingy to him yesterday."
"Plus I saw you two together in the indoor pool at the hotel." The third girl claimed.
"Excuse me? That's really none of your business!" You immediately responded. "We're just really good friends who wanted to hang out with one another."
"Can you just confirm it, please?" The first girl asked.
"I'm not confirming anything because we're not dating!" You responded.

The girls then sighed, rolled their eyes and then walked away. You grew aggravated with their attitude.

As time went by, you were beginning to get swarmed by other people asking the same question. Sure some of them weren't as rude as the three girls, but some of them were girls who obsessively shipped people together and kept saying how you two should be together or are secretly together, almost like Septiplier.

It came to a point where you became overwhelmed and ran out of the convention and back to the hotel, tears strolling down your eyes.
---
You suddenly woke up again to the sound of knocking. You looked around, not realizing you had actually fallen asleep in your bed.

You got up off of the bed and you answered the door. It was Robert, who had a concerned, and guilty, look on your face.

"I heard what happened today." Robert said. "I'm so sorry..."
"I just don't understand it..." You responded. "Every time somebody sees a YouTuber and another friend together, people go crazy!"
"I know, and I don't want it to be that way." Robert said.
"So what're we gonna do?" You asked.
"We're gonna tweet it out that we're only friends and if anybody else tries to get in our way and make us believe we're together, we're going to have them leave." Robert explained.
"Robert, that's rude..." You responded.
"Well if people get in our faces about it at the convention, what else are we gonna do?" Robert asked.

You then thought about the weird feelings you've been having with Robert. Every time you see him, you have this wonderful and loving feeling towards him, but every time he leaves, even if it's just for the night, you feel guilty for not saying anything. But you know that after tomorrow, you weren't going to be able to say anything face to face to him anymore, and you knew you would feel guilty about it.

"What's on your mind?" Robert asked.
"I-I dunno..." You mumbled.
"What do you mean?" Robert asked.
"Part of me has felt like I've had feelings for you since the first day we met in person, and the other half of me is just thinking, no, we're just friends." You explained. "And having all these people in my face about it just overwhelmed me... Because part of me was having feelings for you, but at the same time, I had to keep it to myself, because what if you weren't having feelings for me? I didn't want to start any rumors and ruin anything if I did say something..."

Robert was silent for a moment before speaking.

"So... You really do like me?" Robert asked.
"Like I said, I'm still not sure." You respond. "Because I don't know if you feel that way about me."

Robert was silent again. Your heart began racing for some reason as he was silent. You didn't know what he was thinking. Was it good or was it bad?

"I-I kinda have liked you, for a long time..." Robert said. "Like ever since we actually began talking on Twitter and stuff."
"Really?" You asked.
Robert nodded. "Ever since you've actually been talking to me and offering me support during rough times, I've felt like you were the right person for me..." He explained, "but I never thought we would actually get to see each other in person until just recently."

You were really surprised at what he thought about you. You never thought that you would be the reason for his happiness and his encouragement to make videos. You've meant more to him than anything else.

"D-Does this mean, you really want to have a relationship?" You asked.
"I-I'm not sure..." Robert shrugged. "Because it's not like we live next door to each other. We pretty much live across the country from each other..."
"Yeah..." You sighed. "And I'm not sure if my parents would like the fact that I'm dating somebody via the Internet."
"Really?" Robert asked.
"Well, no..." You said. "Just somebody they barely know and have never met before, y'know?"
"Yeah..." Robert said.

You both were silent for a moment.

"Y-You think we could make it work out?" Robert asked. "Take it one step at a time?"
You look at him and smirk a smile. "I like that."

Robert smiled and you smiled back. You liked seeing Robert smile, and he was happy to see you smile.

"Okay..." Robert said. "It's a deal..."
"Yep." You nodded.
"Although we're not going to say anything about it yet." Robert said.
"No... Definitely not." You agreed.

You then look at the time, it was almost 8:30 at night.

"D-Do you maybe wanna watch a movie in here, or---" Robert asked.
"Sure..." You nodded. "It's not my bedtime yet."

Robert let out a chuckle.

The two of you turned on the television and looked through the channels. The only movie that was on was the SpongeBob movie. You two looked at each other and laughed before turning on the movie.

Of course since you both were familiar to the movie, you guys assigned yourselves characters and quoted them. It felt a little weird at first but then you felt like it was a game, and you guys were having fun.

As the movie was coming to an end, things became quiet and you were just watching the movie. You then looked down at Robert. His head was down and fast asleep. You looked over at the time, it was almost 10:30. You decided to call it a night.

You slowly slid off the foot of the bed and you quietly walked back into your hotel room. Where you got changed and you went right to sleep as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you think what "You" and Robert did was the right choice?
What do you think about the whole SpongeBob scene?

Comment below!

More to come!

~Jackir30