Twenty-Eight

The next day, you woke up to a twitter notification from Robert on your phone.

@RobertIDK: New video up in about 5 hours!! :D

You looked at the time, it was 10am. You've never slept that late before. But you knew deserved it after spending these past few weeks studying for the test.

You slowly got up out of bed and went downstairs to your parents.

"What do you say we go out to lunch later on to celebrate your test score?" Your mom asked.
"We don't have to." You responded.
"No, we need to." Your dad claimed. "You've never studied so long before. You usually procrastinate! And for you to take this work seriously and for you to get nearly a perfect score deserves something."
You rolled your eyes and smiled. "Alright, I guess. We just need to be back by two."
"Why?" Your dad asked.
"Oh, probably because Robert is uploading a new video." Your mom told him.
"Well Robert wants me to be one of the first to see it, so I guess it's important." You say.
"Alright, well we'll make sure you're back here before two!" Your dad mumbled jokingly.

You smiled as you went back upstairs and got yourself ready to go out. For some reason, you felt in the mood to actually put makeup on your face and pull your hair back.

As soon as you got done, your parents were calling you downstairs so that the three of you could leave and go out to lunch.
---
Around 1:30, you got back from lunch. That gave you plenty of time to get undressed into sweats and a t-shirt and to just chat on Twitter and Tumblr before Robert's video was fully uploaded.

At exactly 2pm, you checked Robert's channel and saw a new video. You looked at the thumbnail and your heart began racing.

For a special someone!

You clicked on the video and watched it. It was just a simple video of him with his guitar and playing a song. It didn't sound like any song you've heard of before, but it was calm and you absolutely loved it.

After 3 and a half minutes, the screen faded to black before going to his outro.

"How's it goin' friends it's RobertIDK here and thank you so much for watching this video. It took absolutely forever to make but it was absolutely worth it for who I was singing it for. For those of you who don't know, I made a video explaining how I have a girlfriend, and because of a couple of comments, and because I knew I wanted to do it myself, I went and did a video dedicated to her. But it's not only for her, in a way it's dedicated to all my amazing fans out there because of how much love and support you guys have given me and my girlfriend throughout these past few weeks and the love you have given me since the very beginning. So (Y/N), if you're watching this, I want you to know that I love you very much and that I miss you and I hope we can see each other real soon."

Afterwards, Robert did his outro and the screen went black. A lot of emotion ran through your body as you smiled and tears began forming in your eyes. You quickly wiped them off and immediately text Robert.

Y: You're the best ilysm <3
R: I knew you'd like it! :)
Y: I love it!! Tysm <3
R: No need to thank me :)

Just then, your mom came into the room.

"So, what was Robert's video about?" Your mom asked.
"It was a song..." you said. "But he dedicated it to me."
"Oh wow!" Mom smiled, but a bit sarcastic. "That's a total surprise to me, I didn't know about that whatsoever!"
"What? You knew?" You asked.
"Robert's mom may have told me yesterday." Your mom responded.
"Of course she did." You remarked.
"But that's not all she told me." Your mom said.
"What's going on?" You asked.
Your mom smiled, leaned in and whispered "How would you like to go to go see him again?"
Your eyes widened and you smiled brightly.
"WHAT? YES I'D LOVE TO GO! WHEN?" You exclaimed.
"Calm down, (Y/N)" your mom laughed. "We're not exactly sure when we're going, but it's going to be a big surprise for Robert, so you can't say anything to him! Don't even tweet a hint about it!"
"I don't know if I can keep that promise." You giggled, completely excited. You then hugged your mom. "Thank you so much!"

Your mom hugged you for a few moments before leaving your room and leaving you alone again. You decided to let out your excitement by turning on Robert's music, jumping up and down and running across the room.

You knew it was going to be hard keeping this secret from Robert, but you knew it was going to be worth it once you saw him again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys! Sorry for the inactivity lately. School and work has affected me and left me unmotivated for me to write stuff again. But I still hope you enjoy the story nonetheless :)

More to come!
~Jackir30