Fifty-One

Sorry if the formatting looks weird. I wrote this on my computer :P

You, Robert and (F/N) headed back to the hotel. You didn't tell any of them about the note that Ethan had given you. Part of you kept telling yourself to throw the note away, that if you were to call him or say anything to him that it would ruin your relationship with Robert forever. But the other part of you begged yourself to call him, to sort things out and hopefully not have any problems. 

Robert noticed that you looked incredibly nervous.

"Are you alright?" Robert asked.

"Oh, uh yeah... I'm fine." You fibbed. 

"You seem really nervous." Robert responded.

"I'm kinda still in shock." You stated. "Meeting Mark, Tyler, Ethan and them. It was all so surreal."

"Yeah, it was for me too!" Robert responded. "I'm glad we got the chance to meet them all."

The three of you walked into the lobby of the hotel. Robert parted ways with the two of you s he went to his hotel room. 

As soon as the two of you were in your hotel room, (F/N) looked at you weirdly.

"What is up with you?" (F/N) asked. "You've been acting strange ever since we left the convention!"

"I'm just feeling a little homesick, that's all." You fibbed. 

"Really?" (F/N) asked. "Because you were just fine earlier."

"That's because I was fine earlier!" You responded. "Homesickness can come out of nowhere, you know."

"Well sorry..." Your friend sassed. 

"I'm sorry, I just need to call my mom." You lied. 

"Alright, go ahead." (F/N) responded.

You immediately headed out of the hotel room and as far away from it as possible so your friend couldn't hear you if you were on the phone. You then took Ethan's note out of your pocket. You then took out your phone, dialing the number that he had written down. You then placed the phone on your ear. Your heart began racing as you heard the phone ringing in your ear. This was happening, you were calling Ethan to talk to him.

Suddenly, you heard his voice on the other line.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey Ethan." You responded. "It's (Y/N), you gave me your number earlier."

"Oh hey!" Ethan exclaimed. "I didn't think you would actually call!"

"Well, I just wanted to see if we could talk about some things." You explained.

"Of course!" Ethan responded gleefully. "But what hotel are you at?"

"I'm at (Random Hotel Name)" You said.

"Holy crap. I'm staying there too!" Ethan responded.

"So... do you just want to meet in the lobby and talk?" You asked.

"Sure." Ethan responded.

"Okay. See you there." You said.

You hung up your phone and sighed, your heart still racing after making the call. It wasn't over yet, now you had to face him again. But you weren't as excited as when you first met him, because you met him as a fan. This time, it was serious. He was probably going to try and flirt with you or something. You had to tell him the truth, but you were also nervous about how he was going to feel after you told him. You didn't want to break his heart. He's too pure and smol to have his heart broken. 

You finally took the elevator down into the lobby area. As soon as the elevator door opened into the lobby, you already found him sitting down on one of the couches. You hesitated, but then finally headed over there. He immediately noticed you and smiled.

"Hey (Y/N)" Ethan smiled.

"It's nice to see you again." You responded nervously. 

You sat down next to him on the sofa, a cushion in between the two of you so that way you weren't too close together. 

"So what did you need to talk about?" Ethan asked. 

"I-I guess I just wanted to ask why you gave me your number." You responded. 

"Well..." Ethan began. "It sounds weird, especially since you're dating someone already, but I just wanted to get to know you. You seem like an amazing and beautiful person. You're basically all I want in a girlfriend, to be honest."

Your eyes went wide. He knew that you were dating Robert, yet he still decided to give you his number and try to hook up with you anyways?

"I know, you probably think I'm being stupid for this..." Ethan remarked. "Especially since I know about you're relationship already, it seems as if I'm basically asking you to cheat on him."

"I really hope that's not your intention." You responded.

"No! Of course not! I have nothing against Robert or him dating you." Ethan explained. "It's just that, like I said before, you're my definition of a girlfriend to me. Pretty, funny, smart. My mind just went crazy and that's when I gave you my number."

"So you're basically telling me you weren't thinking about anything else when you were writing down and giving me your number?" You asked.

"I guess you could say that." Ethan nodded. "I guess because I feel like I'll never meet another person like you."

You slouched, suddenly feeling guilty for almost calling him out and you began to feel bad for him. He really liked you, but he couldn't have you, and he assumes he'll never find somebody like you. You were in his shoes before you met Robert. 

"Ethan, you'll meet somebody just like me someday." You responded. "She may not be exactly like me, but she'll be good enough to fit your definition of a girlfriend."

Ethan smiled, "Thanks (Y/N), that means a lot to me. And I'm sorry for scaring you by giving you my number."

You smiled back. "No, don't worry about it. I'm glad  I got to talk to you about this."

The two of you were silent for a moment, it almost grew kinda awkward.

"Hey, if you're not doing anything tomorrow, do you think we could hang out at the convention before it shuts down?" Ethan asked. "I never really got to look around."

You shrugged, "I'll have to see what my friend and Robert want to do, and I'll probably have to make up a reason for somebody like you wanting to hang out with us, but yeah, I think that'll be fine."

"You won't tell Robert or your friend about what I told you, right?" Ethan asked.

"No, that'll just be between you and me." You assured him.

"Are you sure?" Ethan asked.

"Totally." You responded.

You suddenly blushed as you had realized you had just said the catchphrase that you and Robert made up to Ethan. It made you feel extremely awkward all of a sudden.

"Awesome!" Ethan exclaimed. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then!"

"Yeah!" You let out an awkward chuckle. "See you tomorrow!"

You watched as Ethan went to an elevator on the other side of the lobby. As he was no longer in site, you breathed a huge sigh of relief as everything was done and over with. You also grew kind of excited, you and Ethan were going to hang out tomorrow. Robert will probably be excited about that. But you had to make up something as to why Ethan wanted to hang out with you guys all of a sudden.

That was going to be the hard part. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think will happen next? Comment what you think down below!

More to come!

~Jackir30 :)