Forty

You woke up to see the sun peeking through the blinds of the living room. It was so much better compared to the flashes of lightning from the night. You looked over, noticing Robert fast asleep sitting up on the sofa. His head resting on his hand and his left elbow leaning against the arm of the sofa. You smirked a smile. He was kind of cute sleeping.

Suddenly, as you realized what day it was, realization hit you.

The day after tomorrow, you had to head back home.

Crap. You thought to yourself. What the hell are we going to do?

Just then, you heard Robert moan as he began waking up. As he opened his eyes, he looked at you and smiled.

"Good morning." Robert smiled exhaustingly.
"Good morning." You simply smiled back.
"Did you sleep well on the sofa?" Robert asked.
"Did you sleep well is what I want to know." You stated.
"I slept fine." Robert responded. "I've fallen asleep at my desk before so I'm pretty much used to sleeping like this."

You slowly sat up and stretched, when you suddenly heard Robert curse under his breath.

You looked at him with concern, "You okay?" You asked him.
"I just realized, the day after tomorrow you go back home." Robert sighed.
You slouched, "Yeah... I wish I didn't have to..."
"We need to do something that will make up for what happened yesterday." Robert said.
"Like what?" You asked.
Robert shrugged, "Anything."
"Well, whatever it is, we need to do it within less than 48 hours from now." You remarked.
"I know," Robert responded, "I think of something. In the meantime, maybe get some breakfast or something."

You nodded, stood up and made your way into the kitchen. Only to stare at the time on the microwave.

11am. Screw breakfast.

You decided to instead make your way upstairs into your bedroom. You decided to get a head start on packing by packing up the things you knew you wouldn't need tomorrow or the day after when you left. Needless to say it was quite more than you expected.

After packing up everything, you realized the only things you still had out were your clothes for tomorrow, the day after, your pajamas, phone and of course the charger.

You then heard a knock on the door and Robert peeked in, noticing you sitting on the bed and he smiled.

"So, I may just have two things we can do to make these last two days amazing." Robert insisted. "Tonight, there's a family night at a nearby ice rink. And then, tomorrow, we could maybe ski."
You smiled, "Yeah, I would like that."
Robert smiled back, "I knew you would."

He then left you alone in your room again, where you just chilled out and went on social media.

(Terrible ending to that, sorry :P)
---
Later on that day, you and Robert geared up to go ice skating. You were psyched, but you also grew nervous as memories of yesterday swarmed into your mind. What if fans were there tonight and would do the same thing that the other fans did yesterday?

You didn't want to let these thoughts get to you though, because you knew it would get to Robert, who you knew had bad memories from that as well. So you didn't want to bring it up to him.

You and Robert then headed out to his car and drove over to the ice rink. It was an outdoor rink and had lights hanging all around it. You found it to be very pretty.

You then got out and went to get a pair of skates. After putting them on, you and Robert carefully made your way to the ice rink. As you looked out ahead of you, you noticed a whole crowd of people on the ice rink. What if you and Robert got lost? What if one of you fell?

Robert looked at you, knowing you were nervous. He then held out his hand.

"Don't worry, just hold on to me and it'll be okay." He assured you.
"Are you sure?" You asked.
"Totally." He nodded.

You then smirked a smile and held onto his hand tightly. He then gave you another assuring look.

"Lets go all Yuri On Ice on this rink!" Robert exclaimed.

You laughed before the two of you finally made your way out to the rink.

You were struggling throughout the first few moments on the rink, trying to keep your balance and trying not to fall. But eventually, you were able to somehow gain balance and skate a lot smoothly.

You looked up at Robert and smiled, who was smiling back at you. You both felt proud of being able to Ice skate, to be able to do it together.

You went around the rink a few times before everybody was asked to leave the rink. There were going to be performers skating on the ice.

You and Robert both immediately left the rink and went behind the plexy glass to get a good view of the performers. You and Robert watched in awe as they did all sorts of crazy spins, turns and lifts with one another.

After the performers were done, and after ten minutes of waiting for the crew to smooth out the ice, everybody made their way back into the ice.

You and Robert began doing a few more laps around the rink when suddenly, Robert grew an idea.

"Think you could let me lift you?" Robert asked.
Your eyes widened. "Um... I don't know..." you responded nervously.
"Just one little lift and I promise I'll put you down." Robert assured you.
"O-Okay." You nodded.

As you both continued skating, he let go of your hand and went behind you, putting his hands on your waist.

"Do you trust me?" Robert asked.
"Yes." You nodded.

Suddenly, you felt yourself being lifted off of the ground. You wanted to scream but you didn't. And even though you were only inches off of the ground, it felt breathtaking and it felt like a thrill.

Finally, even though it was only a few seconds, your feet were back on the rink. You lost your balance for a split second, but Robert was able to catch you before you fell.

You then looked at him and laughed, amazed at what he was able to do.

"Oh my god, that was amazing!" You exclaimed.

You and Robert smiled at one another, and despite the crowd, you leaned in and kissed one another. It didn't even bother the two of you and you both felt like you were the only ones on the rink.

Afterwards, you both looked at each other again.

"What do you say we get something to eat and head home?" Robert asked.
"Sure." You nodded.

You both then left the ice rink, returned your skates and got something to eat at the nearby food court before making your way back home.

Before Robert pulled out of the skating rink parking lot, he looked at you and smiled. He had an idea.

"I feel like I should make a video about Yuri On Ice." Robert stated.
"Then do it." You responded.
"You sure people would watch it?" Robert asked.
"Yeah!" You nodded.
"Alright then, Yuri On Ice it is." He smiled.

With that idea in mind, the two of you left the ice skating rink and headed back to the house.