Thirty

You became startled and opened your eyes as you felt the plane jolt beneath you as it landed. You had completely forgotten you were on a plane but then smiled as you realized you were just minutes away from Robert. You wanted to tell him so badly, but you remembered that you couldn't, because it was a surprise for him.

You watched as the plane turned to go into a terminal and suddenly stopped as it had finally arrived at a terminal. Without any hesitation, you immediately grabbed your luggage out from the overhead compartment above you but before you could go down the aisle, your mom stopped you.

"(Y/N), you know we wait for everybody else to leave first." Your mom stated.
You rolled your eyes, "mom I don't want to wait!"
"Well unfortunately, we'll have to, unless you want them to throw our luggage out." Your mom responded.

You sighed and waited around 10 minutes for everybody to leave the plane before you and your mom finally made your way off of the plane.

You smiled as you looked around the airport while heading over to the baggage claim.

While at baggage claim waiting for your bags to be brought around, your mom told you "the plan." The plan where Robert's mom would pick the two of you up from the airport and take you back to his house. You grew excited as she told you what would happen.

Unfortunately, you and your moms' bags were the last to be picked up from baggage claim, which lessened the excited mood you were in earlier. Fortunately, as soon as you met up outside with Robert's mom, you grew excited again. All you had to do now was get in the car and drive over to their house and you would be reunited with Robert.

As the car pulled out of the airport, you took out your phone and snapped pictures of all the city skyscrapers and buildings. About 15 minutes later, you were away from the city and in a suburban area. After about 10 minutes, you pulled up the driveway to the house.

"Let's just hope Robert isn't somehow looking out the window." His mom joked.
"It's still a little early." You said. "You sure he's not still in bed?"
"I made sure he wasn't." She responded.

You nodded. You still had bets though that he somehow had decided to go back to sleep.

You slowly made your way into the house. As soon as the door opened, your heart raced.

"Robert!" His mom exclaimed.
"Yeah?" He asked from upstairs.

Your heart raced even more, hearing his voice from somewhere other than behind the screen on your phone for the longest time made you extremely happy.

"Can you help me take in the groceries?" His mom asked.
"In a minute!" Robert responded.
She rolled her eyes. "Now please!"
"UGH!" Robert groaned aloud.

His mom rolled her eyes and you and your mom both giggled.

"He sounds just like you when I ask the same thing." Your mom joked in a whisper.

You didn't say anything, but you elbowed her.

Just then, you could hear footsteps upstairs in the hallway and making their way down the stairs. Your heart began racing twice as fast and emotions began running through your body.

Then, you saw his face again, and he saw yours. His jaw dropped in utter shock.

"No way!" He exclaimed.
"Yes!" You smiled back.

Without any hesitation, the two of you ran over to one another and embraced each other tightly, laughing out loud as Robert picked you up and spun you around while he was still hugging you.

"What are you doing here?" Robert asked.
"Surprising you!" You responded.
"Well that's exactly what you did!" Robert exclaimed.
"Alright you two, calm down." Your mom interrupted.
"Mom, I need to let my excitement out!" You said.
"Alright, well first, let's get ourselves settled in." Your mom said.

Robert, his mother, your mom and you started to bring everything upstairs to the rooms you would be staying at while you were there.

After you were settled in, Robert took you into his office where he worked on his videos. You smiled as you walked in to his office. You recognized all the foam padding and the lights from his videos.

"How's it feel to have an actual office space?" You asked.
"It feels amazing." Robert responded.

Just then, Robert had you stop right where you were and he took a selfie of the two of you in his office.

"Before I do anything, am I allowed to post this on Instagram?" Robert asked.
You shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

Robert then smiled as he uploaded the selfie to Instagram with the caption: "Guess who just made a surprise visit!" As soon as it was fully uploaded, it immediately started getting comments and it was immediately talked about on Twitter.

"So... I'm kinda bummed right now..." Robert stated, even with a smile on his face, "because I had all these plans to make videos, but now that you're here, I don't know if I want to do that."
"Robert, I'll do whatever the hell you wanna do!" You responded with a smile. "As long as you and I are spending time together!"
"Are you sure?" Robert asked.
"Totally." You nodded.

He smiled, leaned in and gave you a gentle kiss.

"You're the best." He smiled.
"Am I really?" You asked.
"Yep." Robert nodded.

You heard a knock on the door and your mom and Robert's mom came into the door.

"Guys, if it's alright, we were thinking of going into the city." Robert's mom stated.
"Yeah, that sounds awesome!" Robert and you nodded.

After both his and your mom left, he went over and grabbed a small camera.

"Let's make a small vlog out of this, shall we?" Robert asked.
"Let's do it!" You responded.

The two of you then left the house and went into the city.