Seventeen

You and your mom left Robert's house and headed back over to the hotel. That entire ride over there, you kept looking out the window, remembering the moment you and Robert kissed. The thought of the feeling of his lips made you smile, wishing you guys could do it again.

When you guys got back up at the hotel room, your mom looked at you and smiled.

"Alright, how was it?" Your mom asked.
"How was what?" You asked.
"I know you two kissed." Your mom responded.
"What? How did you know?" You asked.
"I can tell just from the look on your face." Your mom responded. "It has the word 'love' written all over it."
You rolled your eyes and smiled, "it was... everything I hoped for in a kiss. Simple, but effective."
"How long did it last?" Your mom asked.
"Like 5 seconds maybe?" You answered.
"Good, so it wasn't a make out session." Your mom responded.
"Mom, I would never make out with him." You said. "Besides, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would want to make out anyway."

You decided to change the conversation by saying you were going to take a shower. But as you were about to go into the bathroom, your mom spoke again.

"No tongue, right?"
"MOM!"
---
The next day, you and Robert went out to go shopping like Robert had promised you yesterday. You stopped at the local mall area, which was much bigger than the mall that you lived near.

"How come the mall I live near is so tiny?" I asked.
"I ask that all the time with this mall." Robert asked.
"You mean there's malls bigger than this?" You asked.
"Yeah, like another half hour away from here." Robert nodded. "About a size bigger than this one."
"Holy crap." You responded.

You two approached the entrance of the mall. Before you actually went inside, you stopped Robert.

"There's a Hot Topic in here, right?" You asked.
"Yep." Robert nodded.
"Alright, we can go in." You said.

Robert chuckled as you both went inside.

You guys both went into Hot Topic. There, you bought yourself some Supernatural merchandise and some Fall Out Boy and MCR tees. You wanted to get a P!ATD shirt as well but you realized you were spending too much money already.

"What'd you get?" You asked Robert.
"I got you that Panic shirt you were looking at but couldn't buy!" Robert responded.
You smiled, "you didn't have to do that for me!"
"Well I wanted to!" Robert smiled back.
"Thank you!" You said.

You both decided to continue looking through stores in the mall. Robert then stopped at a jewelry store as he saw an ad for a friendship bracelet.

"Wanna get one?" Robert asked.
"I don't think I have enough money." You responded.
"It's buy one get one free, so I'll get it for you." Robert assured.
"Are you sure?" You asked.
"Totally." Robert nodded.

You smiled as you went inside and got the bracelets.

You then went into the food court and got something to eat.

"This is the most fun I've ever had with anybody at the mall." You told Robert.
"Same here." Robert agreed. "This will probably be my last time at this mall before I move, so I'm glad I got to spend it with you."
You smiled, "Yeah... Tomorrow morning I leave, and I don't think we'll actually be able to see each other for a while."
"We need to find a way to see each other again soon." Robert said. "Not right away, just like maybe once every six months."
You shrugged, "I'm not sure if that will work out. If an opportunity ever comes I will definitely take it. But other than that, I'm not sure."
Robert sighed, "this kinda sucks."
You nodded, "tell me about it."

Robert and you were silent for a moment.

"Let's not let this one thing bother us. We've still got ways of communicating with one another. That's all that matters." Robert explained.
"You're right." You said. "So it's not all that bad."
"We can still do this..." Robert assured you.
"Yeah." You nodded.

The two of you are some more before shopping and looking around a bit more and calling it a day.
---
The next morning, you and your mom checked out of the hotel and went over to Robert's house to say your goodbyes. You and Robert hugged each other for the longest time. You weren't sure when you would see each other face-to-face again.

You eventually let go of each other and you went into the car. You got a little bit emotional as the car drove off and the house was out of sight. But these memories of you and him were going to forever be in your mind.
---
When you pulled up to your house, you felt kind of bummed. You wanted to turn around and go back so badly, but you knew you couldn't.

You and your mom went inside of the house.

The first thing you saw was your Dad scolding both of you.

"What's going on?" You asked.
"Why don't you tell me where you really were..." Your Dad said in a serious tone.