Twenty-Two

The next day, you went down the stairs to find Robert sat up on the couch, with his leg with the cast on propped onto the coffee table.

You smiled, "Good morning."
He smiled back, "Good Morning."
You sat down next to him, "How's your leg?"
"Hurts a bit, but a lot better than yesterday." Robert stated.
You smiled, "that's good"
Robert nodded, but then sighed. "I got a call from my mom. She wants me back home sometime today."

You slouched in your seat, bummed out at that comment, but you nodded and understood.

"So I guess we have to take you home?" You asked.
"Well, unless you want me to drive my completely flattened car then yes." Robert joked.
You giggled, "That's true."

You and Robert were silent for a moment before speaking again.

"What time do you want to leave?" Robert asked.
"You're eager to leave already?" You asked.
"No, I just want to leave sometime soon just incase." Robert responded. "Not that it matters, I won't be able to finish packing my stuff anyway because of my leg,"
"Well, either way, we'll make sure you get home early." You stated. "Maybe leave around noon?"
Robert nodded. "Sounds good."

You smiled at him before going into the living room to tell your mom what Robert needs to do. She agreed to taking Robert home.

You then went back out into the living room and sat down next to Robert.

"My mom said she would take you home." You stated. "She just wants to know what time."
"I'm kinda craving (Favorite Fast Food Place), so maybe we can leave sometime around lunchtime so we could stop there and then head home?" Robert asked.
You giggled, "alright"

You then sat there in silence for a moment before you began thinking of something serious, and you wanted to talk to Robert about it.

"It's so weird..." You told him. "It's like fate keeps bringing us together in these crazy ways."
"What? Are you saying us meeting at PAX Prime was crazy?" Robert asked. (A/N: Yes I know it's called PAX West but when I began writing this I still called it PAX Prime)
"No, not when we first met." You said. "Before that, when you first followed me and we DMed one another all the time, and then my parents actually let me go to PAX, I feel like that wasn't just a coincidence."
"Maybe you're right." Robert said. "But it was still the best thing to ever happen to me in the longest time."
You smiled back, "Same here."

You then rested your head against Robert's shoulder and he leaned over and rested his head against the top of yours as you both watched tv. You could see your mom come in and jokingly gawk at the two of you but you both ignored her. You both were enjoying the moment, because after Robert goes back home, who knows when you both will do this again?

Unless fate plays another joke.
---
Around 1pm, you, Robert and your mom decided it was time to leave. You helped Robert into the car and you sat next to him in the back seat. As promised, your mom stopped by (Favorite Fast Food place) and got you both something to eat. You spent about half of the time eating the food and you spent the other half enjoying some more time together.

Before you knew it, you both pulled up into Robert's house. You felt yourself feeling down again as you helped Robert up to the front porch of his house, where his mom was waiting.

"Thank you so much for taking care of Robert." She said.
"No problem." You responded. "I was just glad to know he's okay."
"As am I." She remarked.
"Are you sure you don't need help with anything?" You asked.
"No, we're almost all packed, I just need to do his stuff, but thank you." His mother responded.
Robert then looked at you, "thanks for everything."
You smiled, "anytime"
"I guess I'll hopefully see you around." Robert said.
You sighed, "I doubt it this time."
"Hey, anything can happen." Robert remarked.
"Are you sure?" You asked.
"Totally." Robert responded.

Robert then leaned over and kissed you on the lips before they both went into their house. You stood there for a moment before turning around and going back into the car. This time, sitting up front with your mom.

"I saw that kiss." Mom remarked.
"I know mom..." You said rolling your eyes.
"Are you sure they don't need help with moving?" Your mom asked.
"They said they were fine." You nodded.

Your mom finally decided to pull out of their driveway and make the two hour trek back to your house. As soon as you got back home, your phone buzzed and got a notification.

@RobertIDK:
All packed and ready to go! :)

You smirked a smile, but at the same time you felt sad. You didn't want him to move and go from 2 hours away to what probably felt like a million miles away.

But at this point, you knew there was nothing more you could do.