Twelve

You woke up around 11am the next day. You scroll through the notifications on your home screen and you find a text from Robert.

R: Good morning :)
Y: Good morning :P
R: I figured I'd text you good morning before I send my good morning tweet!
Y: Okay lol
R: What do you want my Good morning text to be?
Y: IDK lol
R: Ok

A few minutes later, you get a notification on Twitter that Robert tweeted something. You check to see what it was. He tweeted "Good Morning IDK Nation!" Along with a gif of someone shrugging. You rolled your eyes and giggled. You knew that was coming.

You then text him.

Y: Good one XD
R: Thank you, I tried :P
Y: So am I now in charge of your Good Morning tweets?
R: If you want to ;)
Y: Nah, you do it yourself
R: Ok

A few minutes later, he text you back.

R: Mind if we skype or something? I want to tell you something.
Y: Ok
R: What's your skype?
Y: It's (insert Skype/random name here)
R: Ok I'll send you a friend request so we can chat

A few moments later, you went on Skype and got a friend request from Robert. Not too long afterwards, he called you.

"Hey" you say as he appears on your screen.
"What's up?" Robert asked.
"Nothing, I just got up not too long ago." You say.
"Same here." Robert said.
"So what did you want to talk to me about?" You asked.
"Well..." Robert began, "in less than a month or two, we're actually moving across the country to Vancouver."
"Really?" You asked.
"Yeah," Robert said, "And I kinda wanted to, maybe..."

You saw him rub the back of his neck. You could tell he was nervous of what he was going to ask you.

"Maybe... what?" You ask.
"Maybe we can visit each other again, before I leave." Robert suggested.
"Again?" You asked.
"Y-Yeah..." Robert nodded.
"I mean, as much I'd love to, I'm not sure if I can." You explained. "My parents don't actually know we're friends, or really kind of a couple now. And plus, I don't know if I have the money to go all the way up to where you live."
"Yeah, I kinda figured." Robert said. "I feel kinda stupid asking."
"Don't feel stupid." You told him.
Robert sighed, "this is going to be harder than I thought."
"Robert, lots of people have online and long distance relationships." You explain. "We may not actually be talking face to face in real life, but as long as we're able to skype and chat online, then we can probably do this."
"Are you sure?" Robert asked.
"Totally." You responded.
Robert laughed, "is that going to be our special catch phrase or something now?"
"It is if you want it to be." You responded.
"I like it." Robert smiled. "It suits our personalities well."
"I like it too." You respond back.
"Well, I gotta go. I'm working on a music video." Robert stated.
"Okay." You said.
"I-I love you." Robert said hesitantly.

Your heart skipped a beat when he said that. You knew it would be coming eventually, but it still surprised you either way. Either way, it made you smile and blush slightly.

"I love you too." You smiled back and blushed before you two logged off.

You breathed a sigh of relief and laid down on your bed as you were able to say it back to him. You felt kind of happy about it.

You heard a knock on the door, followed by the sound of your mother.

"(Y/N)!" Your mom said.
"Yeah mom?" You asked, sitting up on your bed.
Your mom opened the door and peered into the room, looking at you suspiciously, "who were you speaking to?"
"A friend." You responded.
"And you said "I love you" to that friend?" Your mom asked.
"Mom, it's a joke calm down." You assured. "We use it as a term of endearment."

You thought your mom wasn't going to stop, but surprisingly she did.

"Well, get dressed. We're going out to lunch." Mom responded.

You nodded and she closed the door. You breathed a sigh of relief.

Normally your mom wouldn't care who you were talking to on your phone. You hated lying to her and you wanted to tell her, but you didn't want to rush things. You didn't want her to believe you got into a relationship with Robert overnight. You also didn't want her disapproving of it either.

You thought about it for a moment and then you decided that you would tell her sometime next week. You would also see if maybe she would help you out with possibly getting to see Robert again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is kinda short... and lame. I kinda had writers block but at the same time I didn't lol. IDK if I even had "you" have a father in the beginning of the story, but I don't think I'll bring him up much in the story. Maybe I will, idk.

Also I just wanted to let you know that I am having Robert move as explained in the chapter, but I will not mention his dog. I want to show some respect and not include his dog's death in the story.

That's all I wanted to say!

More to come!

~Jackir30