Eighteen

You look at your dad in disbelief, trying to hide the fear that you have that he somehow found out.

"We were at my cousins house." You began.
"Nice try." Dad responded. "I called them to check up on you, and they had no clue what I was talking about and they told me they didn't even know anything."
"Wow, you actually wanted to see how we were doing?" Your mom asked.
"You watch it..." Your dad responded.
"Okay, I went to visit a friend up in Canada." You immediately say.
"Well why the hell didn't you just say that in the first place?" Your Dad asked.
"Because I thought you would want me to explain every little detail about him." You claim.
"Wait... Him?" Your Dad asked. "Is this guy like your boyfriend or something?"
"No!" You exclaimed.

He gives you the look. The look that shows that he knows you were lying. You then became scared and overwhelmed with emotion.

"Okay yes, he is my boyfriend." You tell him. "We met at that convention I went to and we found out that we didn't really live that far from one another, so I told mom about how I wanted to go up to Canada. She wasn't okay with it at first but after meeting him, she really liked him. You would like him too!"
"Well guess what? I don't!" Your Dad exclaimed. "The fact that you lied to me and the fact that you're going out with some guy you've barely even met in real life is far from my liking!"
"I've talked to him online and we've skyped numerous times!" You argue. "I have his trust and he has mine!"
"Well guess what? I don't!" Your Dad responded. "And I want this relationship ended NOW!"
"DAD!" You yell. "WHY CANT YOU JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE? WHY CANT YOU GIVE ANYTHING A CHANCE?"

With that remark, you immediately storm upstairs, slam the door, lock it, and you went to your bed and bawled your eyes out. You absolutely hated everything that was going on and you hated the fact that your father once again ruined an opportunity for you. You knew your father was strict before, but you knew you crossed the line with him this time. Your mom probably did with him too.

A few minutes later, you heard a knock on your door.

"Go away..." You say to yourself, still crying.
"Honey, it's only me." Your mom said.

You laid there a moment before you slowly sat up and opened the door. You still closed it and locked it in case your dad decided to try and argue with you again.

"I'm sorry, mom..." You cried.
"It's my fault too, honey." Your mom began. "I should've just said what you said earlier and maybe your father would've been less frustrated with us."
"Why can't he just give anything a chance?" You ask her.
"Your father is a perfectionist and expects everything to go his way." Your mom explained.
"Then why did you marry him?" You ask.
Your mom smiled, "so we could have the perfect child."
"He doesn't think so..." You claim.
"Well, deep down in that heart that may be made of stone, is a little bit of gold. And that gold consists of you and me, the only two things that make his life meaningful."
"Then why doesn't he show it?" You ask.
"Because he wants to show his toughness towards us more than his sensitivity." Your mom explained. "That's just how some people are."

You sighed, "so what do you think I should do?"
Your mom sighed, "well... I had a talk with your father, and he said that he won't ground you and he'll forget about the entire thing... If you end your relationship with Robert."
Your eyes widened and tears began forming. "No! I'd rather be punished!"
"(Y/N), it's for the best." Your mom said. "I feel terrible for having you do this, but I just want what's best for you."
"That's not what's best for me..." You mumble to yourself.
"I'm sorry..." Your mom responded.

She gave you a tight hug before leaving the room. You continued to cry, thinking about what she had said. You loved Robert with all your heart, and you two have done so much together these past few days and now it's already being ruined by your dad.

But you didn't want to be punished by your dad.

With a look of regret and upset on your face, you texted Robert.

Y: Robert, I'm sorry to say this, but my Dad disapproves of our relationship. He found out what we were really doing and he's going to punish me unless I break up with you. I don't want to risk being punished by him. I'm sorry. I won't ever forget these past few days with you.

You sent the message. You waited for a response, but you didn't get anything.

Later on that night, you walked down the stairs into the living room. Your mom and dad were sitting on the sofa. Your Dad noticed you in the doorway. You gave him a stern look as he looked at you.

"The deed is done." You told him. "Thanks for ruining my life."

You then walked back upstairs and into your room, where you stared at the ceiling, avoiding eye contact with your phone with fears of what Robert would respond to you.

Eventually, you fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the deep and kinda dark chapter, and I'm sorry if this is kind of triggering to some of you because I know some parents may be like this. I've never experienced anything like this, but my Dad can be very demanding sometimes and can upset me at times.

Anyways, more to come soon!
~Jackir30