Ten

You woke up the next day, realizing that it was Sunday, the last day of the convention. Tomorrow you would have to leave, and that would mean leaving Robert. You kept thinking to yourself that maybe a long distance relationship wasn't the best idea. But you thought about what you both said yesterday, just take it one step at a time. Hopefully, that will work.

You got ready for the day and you waited for Robert to knock on your door. You felt weird that he wasn't knocking on your door like usual. So you decided to go over next door and knock on the door. It took a few moments but he finally answered.

"Hey! Sorry, I woke up later than usual!" Robert told you. "Just give me a few minutes!"

You nodded and waited out in the hallway for him to get ready. After about 5 minutes, Robert came out with a regular t-shirt, jeans and he also had the badge around his neck to get in.

"So you ready?" Robert asked.
"Yeah." You nodded.
"Last day, huh?" Robert asked.
"Yeah..." You responded.
"I had fun." Robert said. "Besides the few drama moments."
"Yeah, me too." You agreed.

The two of you went through the lobby and out of the hotel and made your way over to the convention for one final day. As you looked around, you noticed not as many people there. Some booths were already packing their things up for the day.

"I guess they're the ones that have to leave today or something." Robert said.
"Well, I think the convention ends earlier on Sunday than it does any other day." You said.
"Really?" Robert asked.
"Well, that's what I think..." I said.

You and Robert continued walking in silence for a few moments.

"Well, maybe... even if it doesn't end early, maybe we could leave after lunch or something." Robert suggested.
You shrugged, "I guess... I think I've seen everything anyways."
"Yeah, so have I." Robert agreed.

The two of you continued to walk through the convention. You two went around quite a few times. Having seen everything, and with most of the areas packing up, the two of you decided to leave the hotel and explore the city a bit. You two decided to get a basic lunch of McDonald's, which was right around the corner from the convention center and the hotel. Afterwards, you decided to go back to the hotel.

As you two were both outside your rooms, Robert looked at you.

"I know I should've asked this earlier..." Robert began. "But how about we go out to dinner tonight?"
"Really?" You asked.
Robert nodded, "Well I kinda figured since today is our last day, we might as well do something together, that's non-convention related."
"You mean like as a date?" You asked.
"Not really, but I guess..." Robert said, rubbing the back of his neck.
"What about the whole 'one step at a time' thing?" You asked.
"I guess this can be the only exception." Robert said.
You smirked a smile, "Alright, that sounds fine."
"Alright. I guess I'll let you know the details later on?" Robert asked.
"Sounds good to me." You said.

The two of you smiled and went inside your rooms. As you went through your suitcase to find something decent to wear tonight, you saw your sundress and sandals packed in a small plastic bag. You didn't mean to bring that with you, it was just there in that suitcase the entire time.

But as far as hair and makeup was concerned, you didn't have any. You were hoping he didn't mind...

You didn't get dressed yet until you knew for sure what was going on.

Around 5:30, you got a DM from Robert (since you still didn't have his number)

I couldn't get anything fancy, so how about the diner around the block around 6:30? I did call ahead :P