Thirty-Two

The next day, you woke up to the smell of eggs cooking downstairs. You stretched yourself before sitting up and going downstairs. You went down the hallway and looked over the railing of the second floor to the first floor, where the kitchen was, and you found Robert cooking scrambled eggs. You automatically thought of one of the random videos he made where he made a tutorial on how to make scrambled eggs and toast and you giggled.

Despite the sizzling from the eggs, Robert heard your giggle and turned his head over in your direction. You immediately dashed down the hallway to try and avoid being caught but it was too late.

"I know you're there." He shouted from across the house to you.

You sighed jokingly and finally made your way down the stairs.

"Good morning." You said to him.
"Good morning." He smiled back. "What made you so giggly this morning?"
"Well, I was kinda watching you cook, and it brought back memories of me watching that one video." You responded.
"Oh." He laughed. "The 'How to Marry a YouTuber' one?"
"That's the one!" You responded.
"Hey I enjoyed making that video." Robert stated. "And I enjoyed making those eggs because my scrambled eggs are damn delicious!"
You rolled your eyes, "I guess I'll be the judge of that!"

You took a plate and put some scrambled eggs and toast on it before sitting down in the dining room. As you made your way to the table, you looked over to the living room, noticing neither his mom or your mom anywhere.

"Where's my mom at?" You asked.
"Apparently my mom wanted to show your mom something." Robert said. "I don't know what, but they left me a note saying that they would be back."
"How long have they been gone?" You asked, a little concerned.
"I got up like an hour ago and found the note so they might have left a little earlier than that." Robert explained.

You nodded. It felt weird because your mom would usually let you know if she was going out somewhere. Maybe because she knew you would be with Robert, she wasn't as concerned.

While you both were in the middle of eating, you heard the door opening as they had finally come back.

"Hey." You said. "Where were you guys at?"
"Well we thought we would go back into the city and get some things that we couldn't get earlier." Your mom said.
"How come you didn't wake us up? We could've gone with you." Robert stated.
"Yeah Robert, like it's easy to get you up in the morning." His mom responded.

You covered your mouth, trying not to laugh.
---
After getting done with breakfast, you went upstairs to get changed for the day. You weren't exactly sure what you were doing today, maybe you would be exploring the other half of the city.

Just then, you heard a knock on the door after you had just gotten changed.

"Who is it?" You asked.
"It's me, I want to talk to you." Your mom responded, in a somewhat serious voice.

Your heart rate sped up a bit, because last time she told you something like that was before you met Robert.

You then let her inside of the room.

"Am I in trouble?" You immediately asked.
"No." your mom responded. "I just want to talk to you about something."
"O-Okay." You stuttered.
"Robert's mom took me to a university campus which is only a few miles away from here." Your mom explained. "And, even though I couldn't see everything, it seems like this is the kind of university you would want to attend when you graduate high school."

You were silent as your mom explained this stuff to you.

"Is this for real?" You asked.
"Yes." Your mom nodded.
"I-I dunno if I want to do something like this..." you said. "I wouldn't want to be this far away from home."
"But you'll be with Robert." Your mom stated.
"What if something happens between the two of us?" You asked.

Your mom then sighed as she began to explain something.

"(Y/N), from what I've seen in today's world, what you and Robert have is real love. You're willing to do anything with one another and when you do it, you both have fun doing it. And if something goes wrong, you both try and work it out, even through obstacles. If I knew something would end up happening to somehow ruin your relationship with him, I wouldn't be saying this stuff right now."

You took in what she said. It was 100% true.

After a few moments, you let out a chuckle.

"I'm still unsure about being far from home though." You slightly joked.
Your mom smirked a smile. "Well, the college is having an open house the day after tomorrow, so maybe we could all go then and see what it's like. I think it would be an amazing experience for all of us."

You were silent for a few moments as you thought about it. Even though you still didn't like the major possibility of being homesick, you would still possibly be able to get exactly what you wanted as far as college goes, and of course, you would be closer to Robert.

You finally looked up at your mom and nodded. She then patted you on the shoulder.

"Does Robert know about this?" You asked.
"His mom's talking about it to him right now." Your mom answered.
"Why didn't we all just talk about it together as a group?" You asked.
"Just in case somehow, Robert didn't agree." Your mom responded. "We wouldn't want you to get upset about it if you liked the idea."
"I wouldn't have been upset." You added. "And I'm still not sure if I want to go to this university."
"I know, sweetie." Your mom said.

She then finally left the room.

A few minutes later, you heard another knock on the door as you were lying on the bed. Thinking about the conversation you just had with your mom.

"Who is it?" You asked.
"It's me." Robert said.

He then opened the door and closed it behind him.

You sat up as you looked at him.

"So... you got the same talk I did, huh?" You asked him.
Robert nodded. "Yeah."
"H-How do you feel about it?" You asked.
"How do you feel about it?" He asked back.
You sighed, "I just don't want to be homesick. And the thought of being closer to you sounds like a dream come true, but what if something were to happen between us or to one of us to ruin this whole thing, y'know? It won't be that easy to go back home and find a different college."
"Yeah, exactly." Robert agreed.
"I mean, I'm willing to take a shot at it and go to this open house thing so... I guess we'll only know from there." You continued.
"Yep." Robert nodded. "And if you really like it and want to go for it, that's great."
"Are you sure?" You asked.
"Totally." Robert responded.

You smiled at that cheesy response that the two of you decided to make up.

The two of you then decided to make your way over to the office to check out how the video that you both uploaded yesterday was going. It had over 100K views! It was the first actual non-music related video that Robert made that got more than 100K views.

"This is amazing, people really like us!" Robert said.

You smiled at his response, and it got you thinking about the future, and how you would possibly be able to do this kind of stuff every day if you were able to stay with Robert.

Maybe your mom was right, maybe your love was real love.