Twenty-One

After Robert was released from the hospital, your mom went into the parking lot to pull her car up in front of the entrance. You helped Robert, who was now on crutches, make his way through the emergency room and into the waiting area. Once your mom pulled up, you helped him up and into the car. You hated hearing him moan in pain, but you couldn't give him anything until later on tonight.

"Are you sure we should bring him back home?" Your mom asked. "What will your father think?"
"Mom, we don't have time to take Robert back home tonight." You explained to her. "Let's just wait until tomorrow to see how he feels and then we'll take him home."
Mom sighed, "alright."

Robert then looked at you.

"I still wanna have a talk with your dad." Robert said.
"When you're not in as much pain, then maybe then." You told him.

After a few minutes of driving, the car pulled up into the driveway and you helped Robert out of the car and into the house. As you went into the house, you noticed your angry, and somewhat surprised, Dad watching you two from the kitchen.

"Here Robert, do you mind laying on the couch?" Your mom asked him.
"Not at all." Robert responded.

Robert then slowly sat down on the couch, then slowly put his feet up, putting his broken leg up against the arm of the sofa.

"How do you feel now?" You asked.
"I feel a lot better than I was in the hospital, that's for sure." Robert responded.
"That's good." You nodded.

Your mom put her hand on your shoulder and you looked up at her.

"Sweetie, your father wants to talk to us." Your mom said.
"I don't want to hear what he has to say." You responded.
"(Y/N) go, I'll be fine." Robert assured.
"Are you sure?" You asked.
"Totally." Robert nodded.

You smirked a smile, giving him a kiss and turning on the tv for him before going into the other room.

"Who the hell is that?" Your dad asked.
"That's Robert." You tell him. "He's the one I've been telling you about."
"And what were you two doing with him?" Your dad asked.
"We were visiting him up in the hospital." Your mom responded.
"And why the hell is he here instead of back home?" Your dad asked.
"Because it takes two hours to take him home and he needs proper care!" You exclaim to him.
"How the hell did he end up in the hospital anyways?" Your dad asked.
"He was trying to come and see me so he could talk to you and he got into a bad accident." You explained to him.
"Why the hell does he want to talk to me?" Your dad asked.
"Because he wants you to understand who exactly he is and maybe get to know you better!" Your mom exclaimed. "That's exactly what you've wanted him to do!"
Your dad sighed, "alright. Fine! But if he so much pisses me off one time he's outta here!"

You and your mom silently nodded. The three of you then went into the other room where Robert was at. You could see his expression change as your father came in with you guys.

Your dad first started things off by introducing one another and they both shook hands.

"So, I understand you were trying to come here and talk to me?" Your dad asked him.
"Yeah, but then other things happened and I ended up coming here not the way I wanted to." Robert explained.

Your Dad then looked at both you and your mom.

"Listen, I don't want you two here." Your Dad said. "Let me talk to him without you two interfering."

You wanted to say something but you stayed silent and both you and your mother went back into the den area and watched some tv in silence. You could hear bits of their conversation, but not enough to fully understand what they were saying to one another.

About an hour has passed and both you and your mom became worried. What was taking your dad so long? Did something happen?

You slowly stood up and went into the living room area. You peeked through the entry way and looked in surprise as both your father and Robert were watching hockey together.

Then, your father must've spotted you and got up out of his chair and headed to where you were at.

"What happened?" You asked.
"Nothing." Your father responded. "I just simply asked him a few questioned, he answered them honestly and we got along quite nicely."
"What does that mean?" You asked.
Your father sighed, "it means, I will let you stay in a relationship with him."

You gasped and let out a big smile and, for the first time in a long time, you gave him a big hug and thanked him a lot as you embraced him.

You then went over to Robert and sat down on the floor right next to him.

"Your father actually liked me." Robert said.
"Yeah, I'm glad he did." You responded.
Robert sighed, "I just wish I didn't have to leave soon."
"I know, same here." You said.
"What happens if we drift apart?" Robert asked.
"That won't happen, Robert, I promise." You assured him.
"Okay..." He responded.

Your mother then came in with a bowl of soup for Robert.

"I figured you might want to have some actual food." Your mom said.
"Yes, thank you." Robert nodded.
"And, I hope you don't mind this, but I crushed up your medicine and put it in the soup." Your mom said. "It's a habit I used to do with my daughter."
"No, I don't mind." Robert said.

You then left him alone to eat. After he got done eating, you sat back down next to him.

"Just so you know, this medicine makes me fall asleep, so don't be surprised if I do that to you." Robert said.
"It's okay, it's late anyways." You responded.

You two were silent as you watched a movie together. After about an hour, you looked over at Robert, noticing him passed out on the couch already. You quietly took the remote from his hand and turned the tv off. You then leaned over and kissed him on the side of the forehead before heading upstairs into your own room to sleep.