Sixteen

After lunch, you and Robert went back to his house while both your mom and his mom went around town to go shopping.

You both went up to the office where you began editing your video.

"You're going to edit this video?" You ask.
"Yeah, I want to show you how I edit videos." Robert answered. "If you don't mind."
"Yeah go ahead." You responded.

Robert then clicked on the video maker and clicked on the photo booth video that the two of them recorded before they went to lunch.

Robert then looked at you. He then looked at your hand, which was placed on the desk. He then held onto it and placed your hand on the mouse. He then put his hand over yours.

You were confused at first, and kind of felt a little awkward about it, but you didn't say anything. He wanted you to be in the experience of editing videos.

He clicked on the sound part of the video editing. You listened as both of your voices changed. He fooled around a bit by making both of you sound like chipmunks in slow motion. He then changed it so you both sounded like Darth Vader, talking incredibly slowly. Then he did the same thing with both sounds, talking very fast this time.

"Which one do you like better?" Robert asked.
"I like our regular voices better." You responded.
"I agree." He nodded.

He changed both of your voices to make them sound like your regular voices again.

Robert then went to the main video.

"This is when I start editing parts and taking stuff out." Robert said.
"Can you edit me out of the entire thing?" You joked.
Robert smiled, "you look fine, (Y/N)"
You smiled back.
"But we should probably take out the first few moments when we actually started the photo booth challenge." Robert said.
"Yeah, definitely." You agreed.

He then brought the mouse, clicked on one part of the video and then dragged it out to the part where the part you didn't want to show ended. He then right clicked and pressed delete.

"This looks easy." You told him.
"That's not something you want to tell YouTubers." Robert chuckled.
You laughed, "I know."
"This was one of the simpler videos I made though, that's why it's not that bad." Robert explained.
"I can't imagine what it's like for you making your music videos." You said.
"It's much harder, and it takes forever to edit." Robert explained. "And you have to make sure you have every single part, and you have to make sure everything matches and is in tune. Otherwise, you have to start over."
"Have you ever had to do that?" You asked.
"Many times." Robert nodded. "When I was in college it was so much harder."
"I can't imagine." You responded.

Robert decided to end the conversation and continue editing. You pointed to the parts you wanted to keep and the parts you wanted to cut out. Sometimes you both disagreed and had to convince each other to keep it or cut things out, but most of the time, you agreed with one another.

Watching Robert edit, and having you edit with him made you feel calm and made you feel happy. It made you wish you had the ability to do this, and maybe start a channel of your own. Maybe you would. One day.

In about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, you and Robert were done editing the video. Robert saved the video and you decided to watch the ten to fifteen minutes of video you now had.

You two were both laughing as you watched the video, remembering the time when you first recorded the video.

"This is amazing!" You exclaimed, smiling at Robert.
"I'm glad you like it." Robert responded.
"I love it!" You exclaimed. "Thank you so much!"

You then pulled him in for a hug and smiled. You then looked at Robert and he was looking at you. As you looked at him, you saw a twinkle in his eyes that you have only ever seen in his videos when he is at his happiest. You felt an emotion run through you as you saw that twinkle. It was the thought that you were making him his happiest that caused that emotion.

And he was making you your happiest.

You suddenly saw him leaning in closer to you, and you found yourself leaning in towards him as well until suddenly, both of your lips touched.

Your heart began racing that very moment his and your lips touched. It felt amazing. It was what you had imagined your first kiss to ever feel like. Simple, but very effective.

As you both ended your kiss and leaned away from one another, you found Robert smiling again. His eyes still twinkling.

Suddenly, his expression changed into a somewhat embarrassed and awkward feeling as he rubbed the back of his neck again.

"I-I'm sorry if that was... incredibly awkward." Robert said.
"No... No it was fine." You assured him. "I-I kinda liked it, actually."
"Really?" Robert asked.
"Yeah." You nodded, smiling.

You suddenly heard the front door opening as both your mom and Robert's mom came back from shopping.

"Did you guys like going shopping?" You asked.
"It was wonderful!" Your mom responded. "You would've really enjoyed it."
"Then I'll take her out shopping tomorrow." Robert responded. "If it's alright with you."
"Yes, it's alright with me." Your mom nodded.

You and Robert both smiled at one another as the two of you went decided to go into the living room and watch your favorite movie, (F/M)