Fifty-Five

Written on my laptop, sorry if formatting is weird :P

Your jaw dropped and your heart sank as soon as you heard Robert say those words.

"I'm moving to England..."

"What? Why?" You asked.

"I know I technically just moved, but I found this great opportunity for me in England, and I just don't want to miss it." Robert explained.

"But I just got the acceptance letter into the university you live near, Robert!" You exclaimed. "That was my dream college, and it was even better knowing you would live near it!"

"I know, I feel really bad for not telling you before..." Robert claimed. 

"You feel bad for not telling me before, yet you have the audacity to call me out for keeping a secret from you during the convention?" You argued.

"I know..." Robert responded. "That's why I felt bad for not telling you."

"We promised each other to be honest with one another!" You shouted. 

"And this is me being honest with you now." Robert calmly responded. 

Without any hesitation, and without any response, you hung up on the Skype call. You couldn't believe this was happening AGAIN. Why did the two of you even agree to stay together if this was just going to happen again not even a day after returning back home. 

You went downstairs and sat down on the couch next to your parents. They could tell you were mad just by the way you sat down.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked.

You sighed, "Robert and I had some disagreements during the convention, and I thought it was over, but it's not..."

"What are you disagreeing about now?" Mom asked.

"Robert's moving all the way to England," You explained. "And he didn't proceed to tell me after we both promised to be honest with one another."

"Well, maybe after the first few disagreements you both had, he was scared to tell you." Dad explained. "It's common for that to happen, especially when moving."

"I wish he had just told me while we were still in person and everything would've been fine." You stated. 

"I understand that you're still mad at Robert for those disagreements the two of you both had, but if you keep getting mad at him over those things, your relationship is never going to work out." Mom explained. 

"There'll always be times where you or your significant other will have no choice but to lie or keep a secret, and there's nothing wrong with that." Dad added. "Well, until you learn the truth."

In a way, your dad was actually right. You felt scared to tell Robert about Ethan when that whole thing unfolded, and when the truth came out, Robert was really upset. Now Robert finally tells a secret he's been keeping and now you're upset.

In a way, you two are both even now.

You sighed, tears suddenly filling your eyes.

"I feel like such a jerk..." You cried. "I never gave him the chance to explain himself the first time we argued and I basically hung up rudely on him while we were Skyping..."

"Well, this is you finding flaws about yourself when it comes to relationships." Mom explained. "You just have to learn to overcome and erase that flaw before you can become happy with your relationship again. It'll take a few tries, but it'll all work out."

"Thanks guys..." You responded.

You went back upstairs and tried to Skype Robert back again. You tried calling him several times, but he wouldn't respond. You then proceeded to call him on his regular phone several times, but he didn't answer. The last time you called his phone, you left a message.

"Hey Robert, it's me." You started. "I'm really sorry for being a total asshole to you recently and hanging up on you on Skype. I guess after everything that happened this weekend, this was pretty much my breaking point. I may still not be happy that you're moving away to England and all still, but I'll eventually learn to accept it and I'll be happy with your decision. I just want you call back so that you can say what you wanted to say before I became a douche and hung up on you. I just want to work things out between us and I hope you're willing to call back and hopefully forgive me. I love you."

You hung up and just waited. 

A few hours went by and there was still no response from Robert. You took out your phone again and began texting Robert the exact same thing you left on his voicemail. After sending the message, you began to feel guilty. Not only because you possibly ruined the relationship once again, but because you were becoming that clingy girlfriend no one likes by sending him all these messages and leaving voicemails.

It was getting late at night and you were just about to give up on Robert responding to you when suddenly, you heard your ringer go off. He was FaceTiming you! 

Without any hesitation, you immediately answered.

"Hey!" You smiled with relief.

"Hey." Robert smiled back, surprisingly not mad.

"Robert, I'm so sorry for acting like a jerk." You began.

"I just got your voicemail and your messages. I thought it was really sweet of you to do that." Robert explained. "And sorry I didn't respond right away, I just wanted to get my mind off of things by recording some videos. One is about me moving to England and the other one is me doing a one and done video on a song cover."

"Okay, that's good!" You responded.

"I did kind of expect you to be mad at me, tbh. I wasn't actually surprised you suddenly hung up on me." Robert explained. "Especially with the way I acted this weekend."

"I just want to forget about this weekend already." You responded.

"Yeah, me too." Robert agreed. "Except for the actual convention."

"Yeah, same." You nodded.

"So yeah, I am moving to England." Robert explained. "I'm moving in about a month or two actually."

"That's too soon..." You responded. "Especially since I won't have the time or the money to see you one last time."

"I know it sucks." Robert told you. "But maybe take this as an opportunity for you to finish off high school and start thinking about university and stuff."

"You're right." You responded.

"And don't think that just because I'm moving away, doesn't mean you can't still go to that university." Robert suggested. "You should still go there if it's your dream school!"

"With how much it all costs and me being extremely home sick I doubt I'll be able to do it." You explained. 

"Yeah, I get it." Robert responded.

"I've still got some colleges near me I've been accepted to, so it's not all that bad." You responded. "As long as it has the major I'm going for, that's all that matters."

"Exactly!" Robert exclaimed.

"But I'll miss you..." You said.

"I'll miss you too...." Robert responded. "But I'll only be there until the end of this year, maybe beginning of next year, then I'm moving right back, possibly near you again."

You smiled, "I'd like that."

"I know you would." Robert smiled back.

"So we're good?" You asked.

"We're good." Robert assured you.

"Are you sure?" You asked.

Robert looked at you and smiled again.

"Totally."