No Kids

Karen's P.O.V.

A few months later after the wedding...

*Beep, Beep, Beep* I groaned and pushed the button on my alarm before it woke up Mark. I got out of bed and put the first piece of clothing on that was near which happened to be Mark's shirt. I quietly walked into the bathroom and closed the door and looked at myself in the full length mirror. "Great... Just great" I touch bruise under my eye and winced. I took off the shirt and looked at myself completely. Bruises everywhere. I decided to go in the shower and try to wash myself, but I knew there was no hope. Cause tomorrow morning it would be the same, if not worse. I told Mark I had band practice today at Kimberly's and he hit me once in the face, and left the biggest bruises where I can hide them with clothing. Which for him was a step up. I didn't have to use as much makeup meaning I wouldn't run out and then ask him for money to buy more, then get a beating for using money. I shook my head of my thoughts and stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I dried off and put makeup on and hid my bruised eye.
After I finished my makeup, I did my hair and looked at the weather on my phone and read the headline "Today is the hottest days Nashville ever seen" I sighed "And I'll be melting in long sleeves and pants..." I went to get dressed and texted Kim
~Hey, mind if I come over now and help cook and set up for tonight with you?~ I pressed send and not long after I received a text back.
~Sure! Come on over anytime!~
~Thanks. Be over in about 20.~
~kk~
And with that I finished dressing, then went downstairs made some coffee and put it in a to go mug and grabbed my keys and headed to Kim's.

A little while later I arrived at Kim's. I got out and knocked. She opened the door. "How many times have we been over this Karen. You don't have to knock."
"Sorry, I keep forgetting." I tried to laugh it out but she could tell it was fake. She smiles slightly and opened the door.
"That's okay, come on in" I entered and went right to the kitchen
"Karen? Have you seen the weather? It's super hot and your wearing sleeves and pants. You're gonna melt!"
"I'm fine. I was pretty cold when I woke up and got out of the shower."
"Mhmm... Okay. You can start by cutting some cheese and putting them and crackers on that tray. And don't eat the cheese."
I smiled and held in a laugh as I made my way to the island and started cutting cheese "No promises." She laughs and started making pizza dip.
After a while I finished my job and brought the tray in the living room and snuck a piece of cheese and went back into the kitchen and Kim was staring at me. "What?" I say with a curious voice.
"I told you not to eat the cheese."
"I didn't" She gives me her 'I know you did it look'. "Alright, Just one piece, but no more, but I did say no promises"
"Mhmm." Kim looks at me with the same glare and keeps cooking.

A couple hours later...

Its 8 o'clock and Jimi and Phillip arrive at the same time and sit in the living room with their guitars. I go in and sit in the chair after Kim said she was good and could handle the rest. I sat there and listened to Jimi and Phillip play guitar and Kim came in with wine and glasses and poured everyone a glass. "Kim I can't drink tonight. I'm driving."
"So is Jimi and Phillip and one glass never hurt you before. And if you don't wanna drink and drive stay here."
"I can't, I really gotta be home tonight, and I don't wanna drink." After I said that Jimi and Phillip looked at me like I was crazy as Kim kept badgering me.
"You don't want too or you can't?"
"What do you mean by that? I just don't wanna drink, that's all"
"I mean that you've been married for a few months, are you pregnant or something?"
"No! I'm am not pregnant! Mark and I haven't talked about kids and he really doesn't like them"
"He doesn't like them?! Is he crazy? You wanted babies since you knew you could have babies!"
"I know, but I changed my mind. Whatever Marks wants, I want. We were gonna talk about it soon and now you made it weird, so can we please practice?"
"You have not changed your mind, but okay. Let's start."

Practice went on as any other practice did, beside the weird glances Jimi and Kim kept giving me. I pushed their glances aside and kept singing. After we finished Kim said she didn't need any help cleaning up, but I picked up the glasses, as the guys left. As I stepped out Phillip was long gone and Jimi was standing beside his truck. I gave him a smile and walked towards my truck but Jimi stepped in front of me "I've known Mark for a while. We were... Are best friends. He never liked kids and I know what kind of man he is. But the amount of time I spent with you, I could see you really love kids. You want them. I know you do. You are the complete opposite of Mark. Did he make you change your mind?"
"Jimi this isn't a conversation that I should be having with you. He and I need to discuss it more. But as far as we know. No kids. And he is the opposite of me... But I guess opposites attract... So if you'll excuse me. I need to get home to my husband." I walked around him and got in my truck and drove home.

I arrived home at 11 and the lights were still on. I got out of the truck and walked up the front porch. I took a deep breathe and walked inside. I closed the door and locked it for the night. As I turned around there he was. Mark, standing in front of me, fists clenched. "I warned you about leaving without telling me! And coming home late! You'll pay for this bitch!" He started advancing towards me and I back up into the door
"I'm sorry, I won't do it..." Before I could get the last word out he hit me. Full force to the ribs. My breathe was gone and I fell to the ground. He started kicking me and punching me. "Stupid Bitch. I'll show you!" and just before I lost consciousness he grabbed my arm and dragged me up stairs and threw me on the bed and got on top of me. He hit me again and I passed out.