CMA Awards

Karen's P.O.V.

It's been a month since the incident with the stalker. I am a couple days from being 4 months pregnant and the CMA's are coming up. I've been freaking out because I am showing and we haven't told the public yet. Elijah was at Kimberly's to play with Daisy for a while and Jimi and I were laying on the couch. He was against the back of the couch on his side while he was spooning me. We were watching a comedy movie and it was keeping me distracted from the CMA's. Jimi knew I was stressing about it and he just wanted me to relax so he dropped Elijah off and was pampering me all day. We both also knew if I fell asleep during the day I'd never sleep during the night. I'm only tired during the day. I'm a night owl with this pregnancy. The comedy movie was doin a great job of keeping me awake. Cause if I felt like sleeping I'd start laughing or Jimi would and I'd be awake again.

Once the movie was over I stretched and moved on my back. Jimi Smiles and rubs my stomach.
"You're beautiful"
"You're cheesy."
"I ain't that cheesy..."
"I want cheese now..."
"I'll go get it for you."
"I can do it. I need to move anyways. My back is starting to hurt from laying here."
"Okay baby. I'll help you up"
"J... we've been over this."
"We have but I'm being a gentleman, I'm not being really over protective. Plus I'm allowed to be over protective. After everything that's happened and my wife being 4 months pregnant with our second baby."
"Almost 4 Months."
"You know what I mean. But I worry sometimes."
"I know baby. I'm sorry. You can come to the kitchen with me." He Nods as I get up. I walk to the kitchen and he is behind me. I grab cheese and crackers and sit at the table to eat them.

"I have to find a dress for the CMA's"
"Are we gonna tell people..?"
"I ain't sure. I want too, but I also don't... but we should."
"When are you thinking?"
"Soon. So before the CMA's."
"Why don't we do it during?" My eyes get wide and I look at him.
"Jimi are you crazy. That would be selfish and rude."
"How? We can do it after we perform pontoon."
"Babe... as much as I love you... you're an idiot."
"But I'm your idiot."
"You are." He smiles and rubs my shoulders.
"Will you at least think about telling the public then? We could ask Kim and Phil to help think of an awesome way to tell it...?"
"I'll think about it."
"Thank you." He Kisses my head And keeps rubbing my shoulders as I eat my cheese.

~Three days later~

The CMA Awards are tomorrow. Today we met at a designer's company building to find dresses and other things for the Award show. I don't have a dress picked out yet. I still need shoes and a clutch. Plus I need to know what I want my hair to look like for the stylist tomorrow. Phillip and Jimi have their suits picked out, and Kim found a dress. All the dresses are either too tight, too reviling, too loose and baggy or uncomfortable and not good looking.

I've tried on almost every dress and I'm freak out cause none of them are good or fit me properly cause of the baby. I have one last dress to try on and it's black with gold tint throughout the bottom. It is over the shoulder. I call for Jimi to come in and help me.
"Jimi..? Can you come here?"
"Yeah babe" he comes I'm shutting the door behind him and is now staring at me with his mouth open.
"Stop that. What do you think?"
"It's perfect for a perfect girl like you."
"I need your actual opinion. I need to know if I look okay."
"Baby you look great. You always do. What is your gut telling you?"
"My gut is telling me I want eggos and Wendy nuggets with chocolate syrup."
"Gross... but I meant about the dresses you tried on."
"It's telling me that this one is the best."
"Then there. You didn't need me at all. You answered it for yourself."
"Thank you Jimi." I hug him and he hugs me back. We pull apart and I look in the mirror again. He watches me.
"What..?"
"I just didn't realize how beautiful you actually are... and why you're with me..."
"Hey... I thought we agreed. Neither of us are better than the other. We chose each other because we are equals and we complete each other."
"I know... but your just so beautiful and even with a baby coming your body is still sexy and curvy. Like you have the hour glass figure and your ass... baby I may take you right here."
"No. Wait until after the CMA Awards."
"Too long."
"Jimi I love you. But this is my one and only dress. I'm not ruining it. So go pick out a matching tie please."
"Fine. But I know you want me too. You have that look..."
"I'm pregnant. You and food are all I want. Now go please."
"Okay. I love you."
"Love you too." He Walks out and I laugh shaking my head and change back into my yoga pants and baggy sweater.