Go Home

Darkness. That's all I see. I remember the last time I felt this. Elijah was born. Laying on the bed and darkness over took me. Now I'm feeling it again. The darkness lasted twice as long as before. Then nothing.

After what seems like seconds I feel again. I hear a voice. It sounds familiar. I feel them holding my hand. I force my eyes to open and there is a bright light. I close them quickly and wince. I hear the voice more clear. It's Jimi. His voice soothes me. It makes me feel better.

"Baby..? Kare..?"
"Mmm"
"Karen... thank god." I look around and again and see Jimi. I get enough strength to speak.
"What... happen..?"
"The doctors said your heart slowed because of an issue from having the baby. They didn't notice at first. But they said you'll make a full recovery. And that you will still come home later. Just be cautious." I nod to him and he holds my hand tight.
"Where is everyone..?"
"They are getting food from the hospital cafeteria. And Joyce is asleep on the other side of you." I look over and see our baby girl in her bed beside mine. I smile and look back at Jimi.
"Have you eaten yet?"
"I was waiting for you to wake up."
"Baby you gotta eat."
"I have food. But the doctors said if you wake up you gotta eat too. You just had a baby. You need food. And they already gave me the go ahead that when you wake your okay to eat. So me and you are gonna eat right here together with our little girl."
"Okay." He Moves the mini table by my bed next to us and takes out a bag from in n' out burgers.
"When did you go get that..?"
"I didn't. Kim brought it when she brought E. he's with our parents." I Smile And He unpacks Everything And we eat.

We finish eating and now we are sharing a milkshake. He moved next to me on the bed while we were eating so we could cuddle. He held me and we drank the milkshake and just looked at our daughter.
"We weren't suppose to have another... but God let us." I nod and cuddle him closer.
"I'm glad god gave us another."
"Me too." I Smile And Jimi Kisses me. I kiss back as our parents walk in with Elijah.
"Should we expect baby number three anytime soon..?" We laugh and look at them and Elijah runs over and Jimi picks him up onto his lap. I hug him and kiss his head. Jimi gets up and Elijah gladly takes his spot.

Jimi picks up Joyce and brings her over.
"Elijah... I'd like you to meet your baby sister... Joyce."
"Joyce. She tiny..."
"She is. But she'll grow bigger. Just like you are. Do you want to hold her..?" He Nods And Sits closer to me I wrap one arm around him and help him position his hands and Jimi Lays Joyce in his arms with my help.
"She's very small and can easily get hurt if we aren't careful."
"She hurt..? Like my boo-boos?"
"Yeah baby. Just like your boo-boos." Elijah looks at her.
"It's Otay sissy... I promise you won't get no boo-boos." I Smile And kiss his head.
"She already loves you."
"She Not say it."
"She can't talk yet baby. But she does. Trust me." He Nods And Smiles. Jimi sits on the bed in front of us and our parents plus Kim and Phillip's families are here watching us.

After a few minutes like that Elijah Yawns and so do I. Jimi Stands.
"Alright. My baby's need their rest. I'll put Joyce in her bed and Kim will take you to her place E."
"No! I no wanna go..."
"Yes E. you can't stay here. Well come get you when we get to bring the baby home. Your mom and your sister have to stay here a while longer."
"Why..?"
"To make sure they are healthy enough to go home."
"I stay here wif Joyce And momma."
"You can't E." He starts crying and I hold him close calming him while Jimi watches.
"Can he stay babe..?" Jimi Sighs And Nods
"Fine. You guys are my weakness..." I smile at him and Elijah smiles happily.
"We love you babe."
"I love y'all too"

Jimi puts Joyce in her bed and Elijah snuggles me under the blankets. He lays in my arms and Falls asleep as I stroke his hair. Our parents were talking to Everyone including Jimi. I fought the sleep off to stay awake when they're here. My momma Walks over.
"Honey you need sleep."
"I'm fine momma."
"You say that. But we both know the truth. You had a baby naturally with no epidural... and you slept for two hours after words and been through pain which made you pass out. You need sleep."
"I don't wanna be rude... y'all are here to see Joyce."
"We came to see you all. And you're not being rude. We are for not letting a new mother again get her sleep. Your gonna need it now cause you won't get any for a while. Especially with him." She looks at Elijah.
"What about him..?"
"Well when Joyce wakes up through the night. He's gonna wake up. And he's gonna be cranky. So when you have two babies to Look after while cranky it gets a lot. Plus there may be only one of you doin it. And once you get her back to sleep. It'll be a while before he'll go to sleep. By the time he falls asleep. You get back in bed and have to get up and do it all over again."
"You don't know that."
"I've had two kids. I know."
"Fine... I love you momma."
"I love you too baby. And the wonderful family you've created." I Smile And lay by Elijah continuing to stroke his hair as my mother walks back over to Dad. Everyone talks and the last thing I remember is listening to them talk about anniversary's.