We're Together

Karen's P.O.V.

The next Morning...

I woke up feeling sore but great. I open my eyes and Phillip is looking at me with a smile. "Good morning beautiful."
"Good morning."
"How do you feel?"
"Great."
"That's good. I was afraid I hurt you last night." I shake my head no.
"You didn't. You were gentle and careful. It was great."
"Okay. Just making sure" I nod and smile. "Kim is probably wondering what I'm still doin here. What should we tell her?"
"We tell her the truth. That you helped me to bed and stayed the night cause I didn't wanna be alone." I cuddle closer to Phillip wrapping my arms around him.
"Okay. You hungry? I'll go get some breakfast and bring it to you?"
"Hmm...? I ain't really hungry. But we can go down stairs."
"You're suppose to be resting."
"You call last night resting?" I raise an eye brow and he chuckles.
"Good point. But you should rest more."
"Okay. Then help me downstairs to the couch."
"I can do that."
"Okay. I need clothes."
"I'll get them" He gets up and gets my temporary bag with clothes and pulls out charcoal skinny jeans and a black T-shirt. He gets a matching bra and panties and brings them over. I get up with his help and put them on.
"Ya know...? I think Kim would appreciate you putting clothes on too."
"I think you're right." He smiles and gets dressed. He smiles and we go downstairs. We look around and it was only us.
"I guess Kim ain't up?"
"I guess not." We walk into the kitchen.
"What would you like for breakfast?"
"Whatever it is I'll cook it. You need your rest."
"I'm fine. I'll cook."
"Alright. This time. I cook next time."
"Deal. So what would you like?"
"What would you like?"
"I asked you first."
"And I asked you second."
"First comes before second."
"Alright, I want... You!" He quickly stepped towards me and kisses me. I kiss back the best I can while laughing. We kiss for a while until we heard someone clear their throat. We pulled apart and Kim was standing there.
"Well, I see why Phillip didn't go home."
"I'm sorry Kim"
"Its okay Phillip. Its not like its a bad thing that you too are together." He nods. I start feeling light headed and dizzy. I sway and nearly fall forward on Phillip. Luckily he saw and caught me.
"Woah... Let's get you to the couch so you can lay down" He helps me walk to the couch and lays me down. "Now tell me the truth. Are you okay?" I look at him and he gives me the 'Don't lie to me' face.
"I feel dizzy and light headed and partially sick." He nodded.
"I'll get you some water." He gets up and goes to the kitchen and Kim sits beside me.
"So you and Phillip, huh?"
"Kim... I don't need a lecture"
"This ain't one. But you've been through a lot and maybe you don't know it yet, but you could be using Phillip as a rebound. Possibly to hurt Jimi?"
"Jimi hurt me. Phillip makes me happy. He doesn't let my mind wander. When my mind wanders I think of horrible things. But with him I don't."
"Okay. I was just making sure. I don't want all of this to ruin the friendships we share or the band."
"I don't care how much I hate Jimi. The band is staying together. And I'm with Phillip, so he will keep my mind off Jimi." Kim nods and moves over as she sees Phillip come back. He kneels on the floor in front of me and helps me sit up enough to drink some water.
"Just get some rest, you've been doin too much." I nod and lay on the couch. He moves and sits on an empty spot on the couch in front of my stomach. He swipes the hair behind my ear with his hand and I just smile and look at him.

Phillips P.O.V.

We stayed like that for a while, Karen was almost asleep. We heard a knock on the door and she opened her eyes fully. "Its okay, go back to sleep. Kim is getting it." She nods and I keep stroking her hair. Kim opened the door and Jimi was standing there.
"Where is she?" Kim gave him a Sturm look.
"Are you drunk?"
"Maybe. It's non of your business."
"She's my girlfriend. She is my business." I got up and walked over. "No she's not. You treated her like shit."
"Piss off Phillip. Let me see her. I know she's here."
"She is, but you ain't seeing her. You hurt her."
"I wanna apologize"
"While you're drunk?"
"Yup."
"We gotta be in the room."
"I don't care."
"Let me ask Karen first." I walk over and kneel in front of Karen who is almost in tears. "Are you okay to do this?"
"I have to be."
"You don't have to do this"
"It's okay. You'll be here". I smile and nod leaning down to give her a kiss.
"You bastard! She's my girlfriend. You can't kiss her like that!" Shit Jimi saw. I pulled back and stood and Karen sat up.
"She's not your girlfriend anymore. She's mine. We're together"
"Like hell!" He looks at Karen "You really gonna let him take care of the baby. The baby you said you wanted me to be the father of?!"
"That was before you hurt me."
"I didn't hurt you."
"Do you even remember what you said to me?"
"Barely. But I wanted to apologize and get you back." I roll my eyes.
"This is some apology"
"Shut up Phillip!" He stepped closer to me.
"Back off man."
"I need Karen. I can't go through life with out her. She completes me. You know she does. Don't take her away from me."
"This is her choice... Not mine. I'm sorry man" Jimi turns to Karen.
"We had everything planned... We were gonna raise the baby and-"
"There is no baby!" Karen finally cracked. She had enough of people talking about what wasn't there "The baby is gone! I lost it! It no longer exists! So I need everyone to stop talking about the baby that's dead! I killed it! Its gone!" She let the tears fall and Jimi went to hug her. "Don't." She pushed him back. "You're not my boyfriend anymore... Phillip is." She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me and I did it back. "We're together." Jimi nodded and got teary eyed.
"Will you at least have dinner with me..? Just one last time..?" Karen looked at me.
"Its up to you. Its not my decision" she kissed my cheek and looked at Jimi.
"One last dinner."
"Thank you Karen. Tomorrow night at 8? My place?"
"Okay. I'll be there."
"Thank you" He started to leave and he got to the door and stopped. "I'm sorry... About the baby... I didn't know and never meant anything by bringing it up..." He leaves shutting the door behind him. Karen leaves my arms and goes upstairs. I look at Kim.
"Should I..?"
"She needs time, she's been through a lot and needs to be alone for a while. It's how she heals. Give her a couple minutes to calm down and think things over. Then you can go check on her. She needs someone after a while. She shouldn't be alone. She can't be healed if she stays alone for too long." I nod and listen to Kim tell me about Karen. I take a seat and think about what I'm gonna say to Karen when I go up.

Karen's P.O.V.

I went upstairs and laid down in the guest bed and cry. I can handle talking about the baby. I can handle talking with Jimi and him coming over. But I can't handle them together. I cry. I bawl my eyes out. I couldn't handle this all at once. I loved the baby since I found out I was having one and I killed it. I loved Jimi and I ruined that. I honestly can't handle another heart break now. If Phillip and I become really serious... I can't lose him. If I get feeling for him and he leaves, cause I ruined it. I won't make it. I will die from a broken heart.

I kept crying for a while and the door opened and I felt the bed move and bigger arms wrap around me. It was Phillip. He actually came in and wants to be with me while I'm in this state. I cry and hold his arms and he whispers soothing things in my ear. "Shh... It's okay... I'm here..."
"W..what if you're not here...?"
"I will be. We're together. I sealed that deal with a kiss this morning, Remember?" I sniff and wipe my tear stained cheek.
"I do" 
"Good. Cause I don't want you to forget it." I nodded.
"Never." He smiles. We end up falling asleep with my back to Phillip's chest and his arms around me.