Are You?

About two years later...

Karen's P.O.V.

A few months ago we got done the first leg of the tour. During the time off we all spent family time together and time in the studio to work on our new album. Daisy is almost two and Penelopi is just about a year and half. They have gotten so big. Me and Jimi are getting them tonight to let Kim and Phillip have time alone with their spouses. Kim is bringing Daisy over at 4 and Penelopi is coming at 5. Me and Jimi just got done cleaning up the house putting up the kids' beds. Kim will be bringing some toys for the girls to play with so that would keep them occupied for a little every now and then.

Jimi and I take a break and share a bowl of ice cream as we watch a movie. It was 12 in the afternoon and I was leaning against Jimi as he was eating and feeding me ice cream. We stay like that for a while and watch the movie. Once the movie was over is was 2:30. We decided to go make dinner now so we could have it done for when the girls came and wouldn't be running around trying to cook and chase the girls. It was always fun trying to cook with Jimi. He would try and be a master chef and every time some type of food would end up on the ground. I look around his house and with everything set up for the girls it looks cramped. Jimi is making chicken Alfredo which is my favourite because he wants me to relax and enjoy myself before the babies arrive. He watches me look around the place.
"Babe?....babe.... Karen?"
"Huh..?" I turn to face him. "Sorry what?"
"Just gonna ask if you were okay. You were in a daze..."
"Yeah. I'm good. I'm just looking around."
"Look around for what..?"
"You say that like it's a bad thing when I look around."
"Most times it is... I've already gotten rid of my favourite chair..."
"Stop complaining. That chair was ugly anyways. And I was looking around and seeing all the clutter... it's a small place."
"It's a good size for us."
"Exactly... for us. We deal with people daily. This place is too small. Babies are coming and there will be no room..."
"Babies..?"
"Daisy and Penelopi." He nods and I look at him.
"Think about it. It's clustered... if we were to have our own baby it would be a hazard here..."
"I don't see the need to move unless we have too."
"I'm telling you we have too."
"You can't say that just to make me move." I stand there thinking. "Don't even try and bribe me either."
"Fine... but at least think about it.."
"I will think."
"Thank you." I kiss his cheek and he cooks. I grab my phone and sit at the table and read all my messages. Then I go into twitter.
"Babe? Have you read these crazy fan girls' comments on our photo about you."
"No, Babe don't read them either.."
"Why? Hiding something?"
"No. They are crazy fan girls and they dream about stuff that'll never happen."
"I'm just gonna skim it to see anything about me."
"Baby don't do that either.."
-Karen always looks angry at Jimi. If she doesn't want him, I'll take him-.
-Jimi is so hot. He can come play his guitar for me any time.-
-Karen is such a bitch... She took Jimi from his girlfriend, Jimi was with her and broke up with his girlfriend to help Karen, when she played... the dying damsel in distress...-" Jimi comes over and take my phone away and I just sit there.
"Karen..?"
"You were still with her...?"
"It wasn't anything she stopped by to get her stuff we were broken up before us."
"I heard that before..."
"Karen I mean it. Don't start this. I married you voluntarily. There was no force. I love you. So much. They are saying things because they aren't fans. They dislike us cause we're probably lowering their favourite artist on the charts."
"Yeah... you're right..." I hold my hand out and Jimi being the smart ass he is gives me a hand shake. "Jimi, give me my phone."
"Are you gonna stop reading?"
"I'll stop reading what I was."
"Promise."
"Yes I promise."
"No."
"Jimi!" I get up and walk up to him and he holds my phone high above his head. "That's not fair!" I try and reach for it but fail. I wrap my arms around Jimi's waist and give him puppy dog eyes.
"You're so cute when you look at me like that." I lean up and start kissing his neck. "Now this ain't fair..." I continue to kiss his neck and give him some hickeys and after a while he slowly puts his arms down around me. I quickly grab my phone from his hand and stop kissing.
"Ha! I got it!"
"That was a cheap move Fairchild."
"I'm a Westbrook now. You have to expect these things now."
"Do I?"
"Yes." I look at him and he gives me a look. "Jimi don't even..." He smirks and as I assumed he start running at me. I quickly run away from him and around the kitchen table, him closely behind. I run into the bedroom and he chased me but stopped for a minute. I think he was turning off the oven. As I waited, he came in the room. I stood on his side of the bed as he moved slowly towards me. I laugh and point a finger at him. "Stay right there mister."
"What are ya gonna do if I don't..?"
"You're gonna be in big trouble."
"How so?"
"Jimi don't..." I couldn't keep my laughter in and he took advantage of that. He quickly stepped forward grappling my hips and laying me back on the bed. He crawls on top of me, grabbing my arms and holding them above my head and kisses me. I pull back enough so that he does too.
"Jimi the girls will be here soon."
"Not for another hour. I will be fast."
"Jimi... you said that before and we were late to get to the studio."
"I promise this time." I shake my head and kisses me. I kiss back and things get heated and clothes start to be removed.

After 45 minutes of enjoying each other we lay there for a moment and catch our breathes. Jimi holds me and gives my shoulder small kisses. I smile and hold his hands that are around me I look at the time and turn my head to Jimi. "Baby we gotta get up... I have to have a quick shower and you have to be ready for when the girls come."
"Okay baby. I love you."
"I love you too babe." We kiss and then get up. I go straight to the bathroom and have a shower. After I finish I dry off and put on a thong, matching bra, Shorts and a tank top. I throw my hair into a messy bun and doesn't put any make up on and walks out looking for Jimi. I find him in the kitchen finishing our dinner from earlier. "Hey baby. Is it still salvageable..?"
"I think it is. We'll know when we eat it." He shrugs putting his arms up while holding the spoon with pasta on it and the pasta goes flying.
"Knew you couldn't make one dinner without dropping food."
"That shouldn't count."
"I think it does." I smile and he sticks his tongue out as we hear a knock. I go to the door and open it and smile as I see Kim holding Daisy. "Hi my cute Daisy flower!" I take her and put her on my hip as Kim get her toy bag and over night bag. I walk around holding Daisy and giving her kisses as she laughs. I can feel both Jimi and Kim watching me but I just enjoy playing with Daisy right now.

Kim leaves after she kisses Daisy and hugs me. I walk over to Jimi and he gives Daisy kisses too. She laughs which makes me laugh. Jimi smiles and looks at me "You're amazing with kids."
"I did go to school for it."
"Babe you know that's not the full reason you're good with them." I stand there quietly and hold Daisy.
"Does my girl wanna play with some toys..?" Daisy is two and can talk but has a hard time forming sentences but can say some things.
"Yes" I carry her over to the toy bag and set her on the floor and take out some toys.
"Here you go beautiful. Aunt Kiki is just gonna help uncle J with something. I'll be right back." She smiles and plays with her toys and I go back to Jimi.
"Maybe you're right... I think we both really have to be good with kids... We are amazing people and I'm hoping that we can be amazing parents to our baby. Cause if we aren't amazing... then I don't think our baby would like us very much.." Jimi nods
"I agree. If we have a baby we will be amazing"
"Jimi-"
"No baby I understand what your saying. And I agree. Daisy and Penelopi are proof that we are amazing. And when we have a baby we'll be even more amazing."
"Babe I think you didn't hear me-"
"I heard you babe. We are amazing auntie and uncles to Daisy and Penelopi. And we will be amazing to our future baby."
"Fine. Figure it out yourself."
"What..? Isn't what I just said right..?"
"Yes and no."
"What am I forgetting?"
"Go back to when I walked over. What did I say..?" Just as he's thinking the doorbell rings. I leave him there thinking and open the door to Becky and Penelopi. I take her and Becky passes my her over night back and says goodbye and I sit Penelopi beside Daisy on the floor and stand back up facing Jimi.

His face lost all expression and is pale white.
"Jimi..? Are you okay..?" I walk over to him
"I...I...you...you said....our baby..."
"I did.."
"Are... you..?" He points his finger at my stomach area and I bite my lip and nod.
"Really..? You are..?" His face is still pale and he stands in disbelief and is about to cry
"Yeah baby... I am.... we're having a baby..." I smile and he smiles and lets a few tears fall. I wipe them off and hold his face. He smiles and kisses me. I kiss back and he pulls away.
"Really..?" I nod and he kisses me again. We kiss for a few seconds and he lowers to my stomach and kisses it. I smile and let a few tears fall on my own. He stands back up and hugs me right.
"I love you so much Karen. And this baby."
"We love you too daddy..." He smiles and pulls back.
"You need to eat. You haven't ate all day. Have a seat. I'll finish cooking your favourite."
"Baby calm down... I'm okay for now. Finish cooking. I'm goin to go sit and play with Daisy and Penelopi."
"Okay. I love you so much." I smile
"I love you too baby." He smiles and gets to cooking and I walk over and sit next to the girls on the floor and play with them.

After 20 minutes the girls get tired so I put them down for a nap as Jimi puts food on plates. I walk out and sit at the table and so does he.
"This looks great babe"
"Thank you. I salvaged most of it."
"You did great." I smile and start eating and so does Jimi. We eventually finish and I pick up my dirty plate and take it to the sink and Jimi gets up.
"I'll get these babe."
"It's okay I've got them."
"You sure..?"
"Yeah babe."
"Okay, if you need me to do something I can help you."
"Okay thanks babe." I wash the dishes and Jimi cleans up the kitchen, when he finishes I feel his arms move around my waist and on my stomach. I smile and he rubs my stomach.
"Baby I can't believe this..."
"Well believe it baby. You're gonna be a daddy."
"And you're gonna be a mommy" We both smile and he just holds me rubbing my stomach as I'm drying up the last of the dishes.