Welcome Home

Karen's P.O.V

It's been about 2 days since I had Elijah. We finally are goin home. Jimi took care of everything at the hospital so when I woke up this morning all I had to do was be checked one last time and then I could go home. The doctor cleared me and gave me a list of do's and don't's while I'm healing. Jimi brought me some clothes and I got changed. He put Elijah in the car seat and got him buckled up. I was slow moving and really sore in the stomach and area. I was relieved when the nurse came with a wheel chair so I could sit. The nurse pushed me to the main doors and Jimi walked beside me holding Elijah. Once we got there I grabbed Jimi's free arm and the nurse's arm who offered help and stood up. I kept my hand on Jimi's arm to walk with him. We got to the truck and Jimi put Elijah in and then helped me in the back next to him. Jimi got in the front and drove us home.

We got out and I took Elijah out of his car seat. Jimi unlocked the door and pushed it open for me to walk through.
"Welcome home Elijah..." I smile and Jimi puts his hands gently on my hips and smiles. He guides me to the couch, his hands still on my hips and helps me sit. He kisses my head and gets the stuff out of the car. I am now holding our precious little baby boy in my arms.
"You gave momma a lot of trouble... but you are the one... you are our one and only.  And I wouldn't have it any other way..." Jimi came up behind me but shuffled his feet so he didn't scare me.
"Neither would I. We are a perfect little family." I smile and kiss Elijah head. He fell asleep when I sat down. Jimi moves to the front of me.
"You remember the doctors rule..?"
"Umm... which one..?"
"When the baby sleeps, momma sleeps. It'll help heal you faster if you are relaxed."
"I'm a mother now. Relax isn't possible anymore."
"I think it is if I'm there."
"Okay. I'm still sore and kinda tired..."
"Kinda..? Karen I can see your tiredness from across the room. You haven't slept much before the baby cause of the kicking. And you haven't slept good in the hospital. You need some sleep."
"Okay. I'm goin. I need help up." Jimi helps me stand and we both go upstairs to Elijah's room and I kiss his forehead gently, Jimi repeating my motion. I lay him down carefully and just look at him for a moment.
"You did it Babe."
"No... we did it." I smile and keep
Looking at Elijah.
"He's our miracle."
"He is... let's get momma to bed"
"You know you don't have to call me that.." we walk out of Elijah's room turning on the baby monitor and closing the door.
"I know. But I read it was good for the parents to call each other momma and daddy so the baby can learn easier."
"You..? Read a book..?"
"Ha ha. Very funny. Of course I read a book. I wasn't sure if I was parent material..."
"Baby... of course you are. You've been nothing but amazing before the baby was even here. Now you'll be even more amazing since the baby is here."
"I love you."
"I love you too." He kisses me and I walk to our bedroom and he follows. I lay down carefully and he lays beside me. I can only lay certain ways until I heal more but for now I just stay on my back or carefully on my sides. I stay on my back and Jimi gently wraps his arms around me and lays his head on my shoulder. I run my fingers in his short hair and kiss his head. A few minutes later I fall asleep.

I woke up what felt like 10 minutes later. Jimi was passed out on me. Guess we were all tired from the excitement. My parent and Jimi's parents are coming over tomorrow to see Elijah. The house is not prepared for guests. I look down at Jimi and smiled. The love of my life gave me our miracle. No matter how hard it was, he was there. I smile and kiss his head again and I hear Elijah. I turn the monitor down and carefully move out of Jimi's arms and go to get Elijah. I pick him up and sit down on the rocking chair.
"Hi baby boy... did you have a good nap..? You're probably hungry." I feed him for a while and I look up and notice Jimi standing in the doorway.
"Hey"
"Hey baby, when did he wake?"
"About 10 minutes ago." He nods and walks over kneeling down beside us. I smile as Jimi puts a hand on my leg.
"We have a baby J.."
"We do. Our perfect little family. I wouldn't have it any other way."
"Me either." I smile and Jimi leans up and kisses me.
"What do you want for dinner babe?"
"Mmm.. wanna order out..?"
"We can... but doctor said to put you on some healthy food so the baby gets the nutrients and so does momma to heal."
"Right... but some unhealthy food is nice too."
"Yes it is. I'll order us Chinese?"
"That sounds great."
"Okay. You want help with anything? You wanna go downstairs?"
"I think I might go downstairs. But I'm okay."
"Okay babe. I'm just gonna be next to you just in case. Cause it's your first day home and I want you to be careful and take it easy."
"I know. I love you."
"I love you too." We walk downstairs, Jimi never leaving my side until I sat on the couch.
"Will you put Elijah in his swing?"
"Of course babe." He takes him and gives him a couple kisses and lays him down buckling him into his swing and turns it on low.
"Now come back over here and help me up"
"Babe relax some"
"I did. I had a nap. Now I need to get the house ready for our parents tomorrow."
"Babe let me."
"There is a lot to do. I'm helping. Don't treat me like I can't do anything. The doctor said to take it easy. There was no restrictions besides heavy lifting."
"Okay... but I'm helping."
"I wouldn't have it any other way."

Jimi and I clean the house and he orders Chinese as I change Elijah's Diaper. I bring Elijah into the kitchen where Jimi is.
"Someone needs daddy cuddles" Jimi smiles and takes him.
"Hey little buddy. Me and you gonna spend some time together?"
"Go right ahead. I'm gonna cook some stuff for tomorrow. You wanna grill food tomorrow?"
"I can babe. I'm gonna lay down with him. Don't overwork yourself and no stress or heavy lifting. Stress is still bad for you."
"I know. I know. I believe Kim is comin tomorrow too."
"Alright. When did she ask?"
"When she texted and said Daisy wants to see Elijah... I couldn't say no... but I told her visiting from family and friends was tomorrow"
"Okay, cause we agreed no visitors until tomorrow so we could get settled in and relax."
"I know... and we are settled... I'm sorry... but little Daisy wants to see Elijah... I can't miss an opportunity to take cute pictures."
"Okay. Go cook. I'll lay down with him."
"Okay. Love you. And I love you too baby boy."
"Love you too."

I cook up some side dishes and different salads for tomorrow and keep them refrigerated. I go into the living room to see Jimi asleep with Elijah asleep on his chest. I take pictures of them, Jimi is such a great father already. I sit on the chair and watch them. Everything is just perfect. I turn the tv on very quietly to the news. Thunder storms in effect for a few days. I turn the tv off and play on my phone. A few minutes pass and Jimi wakes up and looks around and sees me.
"Hey baby, what ya doin?"
"Nothing at all. Waiting for the delivery guy."
"He still not here? How long was I asleep?"
"15-20 minutes"
"Wow.. that's sad." I chuckle. And get up walking over.
"Baby why don't you go have a nap. Put Elijah down too. I'll wait for the delivery guy and I may wake you up or I may just join you in bed. Okay?"
"Baby, I don't know.."
"I promise I'm fine. I had a nap earlier and I'm not that tired, anyways."
"You are too. I see it in your face."
"Fine. I am tired and sore from having a baby. But I didn't fall asleep while watching our baby. And he could have fallen off the couch."
"I'm sorry..."
"Baby I love you, I always will. But you just have to be a little more cautious now... please go have a nap."
"Okay. Promise you'll join after the guy gets here."
"Promise" I take Elijah carefully off his chest as he gets up. He kisses me and Elijah.
"Should I put him down for you?"
"That would be great. Thanks babe. Do you have cash on you for the food"
"I think so, my wallet is on the stand, check there."
"Okay, thanks babe." He smiles and kisses me and goes upstairs with Elijah. I go to Jimi's wallet and check for cash, luckily he does. I go and sit on the couch and watch tv.

A few minutes later the doorbell rang and I got up to answer it. I passed the cash to the man and he gave me the food. I closed the door, grabbed two forks from the kitchen and went upstairs to Jimi. He wasn't asleep cause I know what he's like if one of us isn't with them, sleep never comes easy. I sat down on my side as Jimi sat up. I passed him a fork and looked through the boxes of Chinese food for his and then mine. Once we were sorted we sat there and ate. I don't normally let us eat in bed, but we are tired and I made an exception. Once we were done eating we cuddled each other and laid there in comfortable silence. I was falling asleep and Jimi kisses my head. That's the last thing I remember before falling asleep.

About an hour later I woke up to Elijah crying. Jimi is asleep, so I crawl out of bed and turn the monitor down. I go to Elijah's room and pick him up.
"Hey baby boy... what's wrong..." I check his diaper and he wasn't hungry, so he must just be cranky.
"Someone have a bad dream..? Shh... momma's here..." I bounce him gently and shush him and he eventually calms downs.
"It's okay baby boy... mommas here... shh... daddy's sleeping, we don't wanna wake him..." he's calming down. This is good, Jimi is probably already awake, either he is laying in bed listening or he's in the hallway. Elijah is calmed down to the point where he's falling back asleep. I keep doin what I'm doin and lay him back down after he falls asleep. I look at the time. He woke at 11:30, and here it is 3. I walk back to bed and Jimi is asleep. I lay down beside him carefully and fall back asleep. I wake again at 5 from Elijah crying. That sounds like his hungry cry. I get up and walk to him half asleep, I pick him up, sit down in the rocking chair and feed him. He eats for a while and when he's done I burp him. Once that was done he fell asleep to me rocking him. I laid him back down and it is now 6:30. I watch him sleep for a while.
"Welcome home baby boy.."