Red Light

Few Months Later...

Jimi's P.O.V.

The second leg of the tour was great. Karen is now 8 months pregnant, her mood swings aren't as bad as people said they were gonna be and she doesn't have morning sickness anymore. But she only gets sick if someone cooks eggs. And she doesn't lose her temper if you have eggos with syrup and butter waiting for her. She is the cutest pregnant woman ever. She never complains about being sore or about weight gain. She will mention her feet hurt only if you ask her to be serious.

I never really did much the first couple months because she could still do most things. Now that it's more tough for her to get around and she's tired all the time, she needs help. She too stubborn to ask for it so we offer it to her and if she declines we will stand there and watch her attempt to until she gives up. I've been doin a lot more since she is limited now. We go to the hospital every week for her appointments cause she's close to her due date and to make sure everything is okay. Karen is 40 and things are risky so we have a high risk pregnancy doctor on hold, but Karen still sees the normal doctor because she's healthy and everything is okay.

We were asked to do a show a couple weeks ago but with Karen so close we weren't sure. But Karen insisted we go, so tonight is the concert and I'm worried. I worry every day since Karen got pregnant but even more now since she is so close to goin into labour.

I am finishing lunch for us which is only sandwiches, I set them on the table and go upstairs to get Karen. I enter our room and I see cloths flying out of her closet. I walk over and shuffle my feet a little so she knows I'm here and I don't scare her.
"Hey baby, I made us some sandwiches for lunch." I peak my head in the closet and she is standing on a chair looking through her top shelf.
"Karen! Get down. You can't be up there!" I go to her and help her get down which she voluntarily does with my help.
"I'm sorry... I was just trying to find something to wear."
"Honey I can help you. All you had to do was ask. What if you fell? That would risk your and the baby's health. I want you safe."
"I'm sorry... I just look so big in everything.."
"Honey you never once said anything about your weight.. why now..? You're beautiful and you're have our baby in you. It's big cause it needs to have a lot of protection for our baby."
"I just miss wearing the things I use too... I miss the tight short dresses.. I miss the tight jeans the fancy clothes... I can't even wear heals anymore..."
"I know you miss them. But just another month or a little longer then that and you can have it all again. You have it all now... it's just put on hold for a little." She nods and looks at me.
"I miss the alcohol too..."
"I know ya do. That was your favourite."
"I know... but I can't risk it. I'll just have keep being the sober one for a few more months to a year..."
"Why so long..?"
"Beast feeding."
"Right... but let's talk about that later. Put this robe on for now and come eat. Then me and you will come back up after that and find you something to wear. And if you don't wanna go we don't have too.."
"Jimi I'm goin. Stop trying to change my mind."
"I'm not, I'm just suggesting."
"No."
"You're really close to goin into labour"
"I'm a month away."
"It could come early."
"Did you just call our baby an 'it'?!" Oh sugar... I said 'it'. Karen hates referring to our baby as it... the baby is a living human being and it is not and 'it'.
"No... you must have heard wrong..."
"So what did you say?"
"He or she could come early..." I smile and she gives me the look.
"Mhmm. Pass me the robe." I let out a breathe I was holding and pass her the robe. She puts it on and I help her downstairs.

We ate our sandwiches and Karen was done before me and she got up and looked for more food. I made her two sandwiches and she's still hungry. She looks in the fridge and in the pantry and she closes them.
"Still hungry baby?"
"Yes and no... I don't know what I want... I just don't feel like eating but I do..."
"Okay. Well why don't we go up and help you find some clothes and let the sandwiches settle. And if you're still hungry after you change we can come back down and you can eat."
"Why do you have to be so perfect..?" She smiles and walks over to me and kisses me. I kiss back and wrap my arms around her. She hugs back and smiles.

We go upstairs and I eventually get her to wear black leggings and a stripped shirt that falls to her upper thighs and that is still baggy against her stomach. For a woman who is 8 months pregnant she's not that big, Karen was always skinny so she probably isn't used to the extra weight. But the baby is healthy so I'm not complaining. We have a doctors appointment tomorrow at noon for a check up.

We were ready to head out. We are picking up Kim and Phillip cause we wanted too and all go together. And if any of us have drinks the Karen can drive us all back safely. She grabs her purse and her phone and I grab my phone, wallet and keys and help her to the car. We both get in and I drive to Kim's house. She comes out and gets in on the drivers side behind me, then we head to Phillips. We arrive there and he gets in on the passenger side behind Karen. I drove to the show which was in Nashville at the old arena downtown. We eventually get there and we all go inside. It was 5:30 and the show started at 6:30.

We all went into one room since we were all ready before we came. There was only one chair in the room. They weren't expecting us to come this early so they gave us a small room. Karen had to use the bathroom so Phillip sat in the chair until she got back cause we all agreed to let her have the seats. She came back out and Phillip seen her.
"Here Kare, you can sit."
"I'm okay Phillip. You can stay. Thanks though." I look at Karen.
"Baby why don't you sit..?"
"Because I'm perfectly fine standing."
"Okay..."
She stands beside me and Kim as Phillip sits across from us. Karen and Kim talk about pregnancy and Stuff and me and Phillip are on our phones. After about 45 minutes a man knocks and tells us to get ready. They might have seats available cause Karen was standing for 45 minutes. Her feet are sore and I know it. But she won't say anything. We all head towards the stage and get out ear phones in and the wires hooked up to the box and we put them on our. Back pockets or pants and they pass us our mics. We head on stage as our names were called.

The show lasted and hour and a half like any of our shows would. We got off stage and handed our stuff back and I could see in Karen's face she was tired. The people on stage with us offered a couple drinks after the show. We all talked about it and we agreed to go and Karen would drive. I pull her aside and talk to her.
"Baby I don't have to drink..."
"No, it's fine. Go have a few drinks with everyone."
"Baby I know your tired... I don't want you to drive this tired."
"I'm fine. I'm pregnant I'm always tired. But I'm not gonna fall asleep at the wheel if that's what you mean."
"I'm just making sure it's okay with you..."
"And it is. Please have a few drinks. For me. Cause then you get a lot of kisses cause I like the taste of alcohol on your lips." She smiles and so do I.
"Okay. If it will make you happy. Cause all I want is you happy."
"Baby you always make me happy. While I'm pregnant, every time you drink it's like a gift." We both smile and I kiss her and we both go with everyone else.

The show ended at 8. It was now 1 in the morning. Kim, Phillip and I were all drinking with the other show members. Karen was sitting at the the table with a glass of water. Throughout the night I'd look at her and she's smile. I'd walk over and give her a couple kisses and talk with her. It was now 1 and I looked at Karen and she looked beat. She was tired and probably didn't want to be out this long. Kim and Phillip and I weren't drunk but we were tipsy. I told them we should head out cause Karen needed rest. They looked at her and agreed. Karen is a trooper. Not even Kim would stay out this late while she was pregnant. Neither did Rebecca. We get to Karen and she looks at us. I lean down and give her a kiss.
"Were ready to go home babe."
"Okay. You sure?"
"Yeah. We're done and you need your rest."
"Baby I am fine."
"Karen it's one in the morning and you are tired and beat. I'm telling you it's time to go home. You need rest." She knows I'm right so she nods and helps us get our stuff then grabs hers.
We all walk out to the car Karen makes sure we are all good and have seat belts on and stuff and she drives. Everything was goin good. But what we didn't expect was a car running a red light and hitting us.