Horribly Happy

A few months have passed Karen is now 7 months pregnant. The band is out on tour, 6 adults including a pregnant Karen and 4 children all in one bus. Everything seemed to be goin great for the band. Touring wasn't that bad for them.

They just finished their newest record. Their tour was from the east coast to the west and back. The plan was to start the tour while Karen was 4 months, finish at the west coast before she went into labour. Then after she rested up with the baby, they'd be back on the road returning to the east coast from the west where they left off.

So far so good, The band was halfway through the country, most of their shows are sold out. Everyone was happy. They were stopped at a park for a bit to let the kids play in kiddie pools and let them rest from all the heat and driving.

Karen's P.O.V.

I wake up to a hand on my leg.
"Hey baby" I open my eyes to see Jimi kneeling by my bed.
"Hi.."
"How was your nap?"
"Good, I feel more rested."
"That's good." I nod and he smiles.
"We are stopped at a park and we just got the kiddie pools filled so the kids can play. Just wanted to ask if you wanted to join so you didn't miss out."
"Mmm, Thanks Baby. I'll come out and join for a bit." He Nods And helps me get up. I usually don't ask for help but with the high risks and the stress from anything , I'll take the help for the baby's sake.
I walk to the front Jimi goes down the steps first and then turns and helps me by taking a hand. I hold it until I'm off the bus. He gets me a chair and puts it in the shade with a bottle of water beside it.
"Thanks Babe."
"Always." I Smile And carefully sit down. Kim is sitting next to me.
"How was your nap."
"Much needed."
"You got that right. You were up all hours of the night last night. Either pacing or watching tv."
"Sorry... the baby was kicking and my back hurt, I was just so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep."
"Ya know you should tell Jimi you can't."
"Kim... he needs sleep too. He's the one helping out and doin most of the stuff. I can't keep him awake cause I am greedy."
"You need your rest too, you're carrying your baby."
"I'm fine."
"Says the woman who can't do much cause the doctor said nothing exotic."
"I can still do stuff. Just not go into the Olympics or sky diving."
"You reference sky diving but you wouldn't even do that if you weren't pregnant."
"It's a figure of speech. You know what I mean."
"I do." I sip my water and watch the kids, I rub my stomach and Joyce comes over.
"Momma! Wijah pushed me."
"Honey, you can't come running to me or daddy when he does something. Tell him to stop."
"I did, but he pushed me more."
"Elijah! Come here." He Walks over and the two of them stand in front of me.
"If you two don't stop fighting and getting a long, you both are grounded. One more thing and you two will be on this bus and not to come off unless I say so while we are on this tour. Do you understand me?" They both nod and I wave them away. They run and I look at Kim as she is giving me a look.
"What..?"
"No stressin."
"That was not stressin that was parenting. Whatever... I am so hot, I'm gonna go back on the bus with the AC."
"Okay. I'll help you."
"I got this."
"I'll yell for Jimi."
"I got this Kim. I can stand up and walk by myself." I get up with some struggle but I do it.
"There... see? I'm fine." I walk back in the bus and sit on the couch in the front.

Phillip is making coffee and I watch him intently. He has seen me starin and is just going along with his day.
"Kare, would you like me to make you some tea..?"
"Nope."
"Decafe coffee..?"
"No... I want normal coffee..."
"I ain't being the reason you got caffeine."
"Come on Phil... Just make a small one for me..?"
"No can do."
"Damn it... you gotten stronger turning down a pregnant woman..."
"I was told by Jimi not to let you get to me."
"You would have done it for my last two pregnancies..."
"This don't count. This is high risk."
"So was Joyce."
"Not until the end of hers. This is all high risk."
"Philliiiipppp!" I never usually get whiney but it's Phillip and there is coffee.
"Karen."
"Fine..." I sit there and look around for a bit and rub my stomach. Jimi comes on the bus.
"Hey baby. I'm just startin the Barbecue. What do you and the baby want?"
"Coffee.."
"Okay... I'll ask again. What do you and the baby want me to make on the barbecue?"
"Burgers..."
"Okay. I'll make them. You Phil?"
"Hot dogs and sausages."
"Got it." He takes some stuff in his arms and comes over to me and kisses me and goes out side. I sit there and Phillip sips his coffee and I look at him.
"Ass."
"Hey, don't get mad at me cause you're pregnant."
"Just a sip..?"
"Nope."
"Rude."
"I'll be outside with Becky. You just relax."
"Don't leave me..."
"You want me to stay...?"
"Maybe..."
"Fine I'll stay."
"No go to Becky..."
"So I'll leave."
I nod and he gets up and I sit there and lay down on the couch. I grab the light blanket from the back of the couch and rub my stomach. I eventually fall asleep.