Our Miracle

Karen's P.O.V.

I've been in bed rest for a week and I hated it since day one. This is unbearable. How can anyone stay in bed this long?! I was stressed before this but this is gonna stress me more if I can't use my damn legs in the next hour. I am laying in bed at 7 in the morning. I sleep every day and I can't sleep in the nights. Jimi is snoring away beside me and resting peacefully. I love him more than anything besides the baby. I just want to walk around. I want to go outside. I haven't been outside in a week except when I went to my doctors appointment yesterday. But that was just from a building to a vehicle. The doctor put me on another week of bed rest cause of my blood pressure. The stress is gone by any kind of stress now could make the baby come early. I'm still pretty much a month from my due date and Jimi makes sure I don't do anything to make this baby come early.

Jimi wakes up and looks at me. I am laying staring at the ceiling.
"Morning baby. How are you and the baby today?"
"Baby is fine. I'm fine. Although I think we should paint the ceiling..."
"Really?"
"No! I'm just so damn tired of looking at the same damn thing."
"Honey... it'll be okay.."
"You keep saying that. All I actually get is more weak from not doin anything."
"I'm sorry... the doctor said th-"
"No. The doctor said I could walk with help goin minimal distances. Which mean I can walk around the house. Maybe go outdoors. But I have been cramped up in this house for over a week just laying in this bed and I'm sick of it. I've already thought of seven different ways we could redecorate this room."
"Baby I'm sorry... I just thought I was helping..."
"You are but I need to move before I forget how."
"Okay... well I have to finish painting the baby's room... and then Phillip is gonna come help me move the baby furniture around... so when I finish painting and air out the room from all the bad fumes that could harm you and the baby. I'll come get you and you can sit on the rocking chair and tell us where to put things... would that work for today?"
"I guess so... but do I still get my eggos today..?"
"Of course honey. I'll go get your eggos now for breakfast."
"Thank you!" He smiles and gets up as I lay there I sit up and move the pillows against my back as I rest against the headboard. I grab my phone and text Jimi.

~And orange juice too please 😘~ He replies as soon as he could.
~Anything for my love ❤️~

I set my phone down and look around. I look down at my stomach and rub it.
"Hi baby, I know I told you a million times... but I love you so much. So does your daddy. He's making us our eggos right now... but he is the reason why I'm not moving as much... but he just want to keep you safe. And so do I, so I am listening to him and our doctor. Your daddy and I can't wait to meet you... you're our little miracle... we tried so hard for a baby and then you came along and you are already so perfect, and so loved by so many. Grandma and grandpa are so happy you're coming... your auntie Kim and Uncle Phillip are happy too. They aren't really your aunt and uncle but it's a long story. You real aunt is gonna love you. And all of aunts and uncles from your daddy's side. And your grandma from daddy's side. We all love you and we are all so happy that you came into our lives... our little miracle. We love you..."

I hear Jimi clear his throat and I jump slightly and look at him.
"How much of that did you hear..?"
"Since the first time you said little miracle..."
"It's rude to ease drop..."
"I know but you looked so beautiful talking to our baby... I didn't want to disrupt you. And I cleared my throats cause I didn't want your waffles getting cold."
"Waffles? Where's my eggos?"
"We ran out and all we have were home made waffle mix... I'm sorry baby." I groan and sigh.
"I wanted my eggos..."
"I know baby... I'm really sorry... I forgot to check how many we had before the store closed yesterday."
"It's fine.... I'm sad and disappointed but I'll eat it..."
"Okay... I was hoping you would cause you need to eat for you and the baby."
"Yeah... they aren't eggos though... close but they're not."
"I know babe" he sets a tray on my lap with the waffles and orange juice along with a rose in a vase.
"Did you pick a rose out of the garden..?"
"Maybe"
"It's a beautiful thought. Thank you."
"Always babe." He leans down and gives me a kiss.
"But don't do it again."
"I'm sorry." I nod and eat my waffles. It doesn't taste as good and Jimi can see it but I still eat them.