What Hurts?

I am now eight and a half months and we need to record our album. I have gotten a lot bigger. Which makes me more tired, more sore, more cranky and uncomfortable. Jimi has been doin amazing dealing with me, while taking care of Elijah when I can't.

I woke up first this morning and watched Jimi sleep for a bit. I got up carefully and changed into Pajama pants and tank top. I wear nothing to bed because it's more comfy then constricting clothes. I walk in the hallway and Elijah come running down the hall.
"Good morning baby boy."
"Mornin momma!"
"Shh... daddy is still sleepin." He Nods And we walk downstairs and make breakfast. Elijah pulls up a chair and helps. He watches me and looks at my stomach.
"Momma...? When da baby comin...?"
"Soon baby, should be in two weeks plus or minus a little."
"Oh... Otay." I Smile And Kiss his head as I lean to do something and  I feel a pain in my lower stomach.
"Or it can come two weeks early...." I take a breathe and hope it wasn't what I think it was.
"The baby come now?" And Of course Jimi Walks in at the wrong time.
"The baby's coming?!"
"No, he asked when the baby would be here. I told him it could be anytime from now until my due date in two weeks. Or plus or minus a couple days from it."
"Oh... okay. You had me scared. Thought the baby was coming now."
"No, not now. The nursery ain't even done yet. Because of some lazy man."
"Baby I'm sorry. I'll get it done."
"It best be soon babe. Cause this baby isn't waiting."
"I'll go work on it now..."
"Babe... not now. Come eat and do your thing. Work on it after." Elijah Smiles
"Yeah daddy! Eat bwetfast wit us"
"Of course little man." Jimi comes in and kisses Elijah's head and me good morning and I feel terrible.
"Baby I'm sorry."
"I'll get it done, I'm not mad at you. Please don't stress."
"I love you."
"I love you too baby."

We eat breakfast and as the morning went on I felt more pain every now and then, getting worse and worse. Around noon Jimi was working in the nursery upstairs as Elijah was on the floor playing in front of me while I was sitting on the couch. Then it happened. My water breaks and the first contraction hits. I groan and hold it in as much as possible. I breathe through it and watch Elijah play. I sit there for a almost a half an hour then hear Jimi come down.
"Hey baby, how you doin?"
"Alright. Back is kinda sore. Like always."
"You're sure..? You're sweating..."
"Yeah. I'm sure. Just hot in here."
He nods and walks into the kitchen. Two minute pass by and another contraction comes. I groan a little this time and Elijah looks up.
"Momma..?" I sit there with my face scrunched up holding in the pain. And Jimi Walks in hearing Elijah.
"You're in labour aren't you?" I hold my stomach and breathe through the last of it.
"No..."
"Karen."
"Yes..."
"I knew it. Alright let's get you to the hospital."
"I'm ready. I'm goin in this. Get him ready for Kim's. I'll be fine until then." He gets Elijah ready and comes and helps me off the couch. I hold my stomach and my lower back and Walks to the door. Jimi helps me put my shoes on and we leave. He gets me in the car first then puts Elijah in. He gets in and we drive to Kim's house. I call her on the way telling her it's time. She waits at the end of her drive way for us. We drop E off and head to the hospital.
"Did you get the nursery done...?"
"Uhh..."
"You're joking... right..?"
"I tried... the paint is not done yet... and it still needs another coat... then I just gotta put everything together"
"You're really not joking... ahh... I ordered the stuff months ago! You promised! You said I wasn't to look in there so you could surprise me. Well. Good job! I'm surprised you didn't finish! Ahhh" I get another contraction and he takes my hand.
"Shh Baby. It's gonna be okay."
"Don't even try to pretend I'm not mad at you! I am! Ahhh...."
"I know baby. But be mad later. Baby time now." I breathe and we get to the hospital and he helps me in. I sit down and fill out my paper as he parks the car. He comes in as I finish and they put me in a wheel chair and bring me to a room to get changed.

Once changed and in the bed, I lay there with Jimi laying beside me with our arms wrapped around each other. I have more contractions as they get closer together. I hold onto Jimi with my face in his chest groaning and yelling as he holds me rubbing my back and sides trying to help. "It hurts... a lot..."
"I know baby. Just breathe. It'll be over soon but it's for our baby."
"J... did they decide yet...?"
"I don't know baby... want me to ask..?"
"Yeah..." He gets up and goes out to the desk. He comes back with my doctor. Jimi Lays next to me again and I hold onto him. My doctor looks at me.
"Karen, the choice is yours. You may have a natural birth or a c-section. It's up to you. Everything looks good for both ways."
"I want a natural birth... my first was c-section... I want this to be all natural..."
"Would you like an epidural?"
"No. All natural."
"It would help with the pain..."
"No!"
"Okay. I'm going to check how far you are." I nod and let him do his thing and hold onto Jimi.
"You are 7 centimetres. Only 3 more. Should be less than an hour."
"Thank you." She leaves and I hold Jimi as we lay there waiting.

It was taking a while for me to reach 10 centimetres and it hurt a lot and I was tired. It's been 9 hours since I went in labour and it's 3 in the morning. I finally reached 10 centimetres and it was time to push. I push for every contraction for a half an hour.
"I'm tired..."
"You can do it baby. Just a few more pushes."
"I can't... I'm tired... it hurts..."
"Hey... baby.... don't give up... we were given another baby we weren't suppose to get, you can do this. I know you can. I love you."
"I love you too... hold me... please..." He moves behind me and puts his legs on either side of me and wraps his arms around me and I hold them. I have more contractions as time goes on and the baby comes at 5:17am on October 10th.

The nurses take the baby and clean her off and I lay back against Jimi tired and sore.
"You did it baby. You did it." I nod and he kisses my head and grabs the towel and wipes my sweaty face. He carefully moves from behind me and I lay down. The nurse comes back with our daughter and lays her on my chest. I smile and hold her and kiss her head.
"Hi baby girl... I'm your momma... you are our second little miracle... the first is your big brother waiting for you... and over there is your daddy..." Jimi sits beside me and wraps an arm around me.
"Hi princess... I'm your daddy and your momma and I love you so so much..."
"She needs a name..."
"She does. She looks like you. Little Karen."
"Not my name... How about after your sister...?"
"Joyce..?"
"Yeah..."
"Baby... I don't know..."
"Okay... it was just a thought I've had..."
"Baby it is a great thought..."
"It's fine... don't worry about it... I'll just think of something different..."
"Baby..."
"It's fine." He Kisses my head and Holds us close. Time passes and the nurse comes for the baby.
"Does the little one have a name?"
"No-"
"Yes. Joyce Karen Westbrook." I look at Jimi and smile. And the nurse takes the baby to let me rest.
"Baby...?"
"I've been thinking... and it's a good way to honour my sister... but I still named her after you but her middle name."
"I love you..."
"I love you too. Now get some sleep. It's 6 in the morning and you've been up for almost 24 hours while doing tremendous work. And I'm so so proud of you... thank you for giving us another baby."
"Baby I should be thanking you... you helped give us another baby. Thank you." He smiles and holds me close and I cuddle him. I eventually fall asleep for a while.

I wake up around 9am. Only three hours of sleep but I hear people talking. I look over and see Jimi talking with my parents as well as his momma. I Sit up a little and Jimi Sees me and comes over.
"Hey baby."
"Hey"
"You didn't sleep very long."
"It's alright. I'll get some after a bit."
"Okay, our parents are here." I Smile as my momma comes over hugging me tight.
"Hi ma."
"Hello sweetie. How are you feeling?"
"Tired... mostly sore..."
"I heard, Jimi said you didn't take the epidural..? Honey even I took an epidural."
"I thought you said there was none."
"There wasn't. But they gave us something back then cause it wouldn't affect the baby if it was coming out."
"Oh well. I did it."
"You did And we are so proud of you."
"That's right we are." My Dad gets up and walks over. "You are amazing Karen. We are so proud of you and your family."
"Thanks daddy." He gives me a hug and Jimi's momma comes over.
"Hi dear."
"Hi Mum"
"Are you to tired for the baby..?"
"Never... I'll be happy to see her any time."
"It's a girl?!" I look at Jimi and he Shrugs.
"Sorry babe. I didn't know if you wanted to surprise them."
"They're your parents too. You can tell them. And yes, it's a girl." Jimi Smiles as a nurse brings her in and gives her to Jimi  to bring over.
"Everyone, I'd like for you to meet Joyce Karen Westbrook." Jimi's mother looks at us with tears.
"You named her Joyce..?" I smile at her
"Yeah, we wanted to honour Joyce And make sure our daughter knows that her aunt is watching over her..."
"Thank you... She would love this.." She cries some and Jimi gives the baby to his momma first because we named her after her daughter. She smiles and kisses the baby's head.
"She's beautiful..." I smile at Jimi and he sits beside me and wraps an arm around me and I cuddle into him. Our parents took turns holding the baby for a while, they moved over to the chairs and I stayed against Jimi's side, the pain was hurting more. I even tried to move to get comfy and it didn't work. I was getting worried something bad is happening.
"J..."
"Yeah babe?" I move some and wince "Baby? What's wrong? Talk to me?"
"It hurts...." Jimi gets up and moves so he can see me.
"What hurts...? Karen..?" Our parents were worried and I seen my dad leave the room. It hurts to much to move, or to even talk. Everything is blurry and I see what I believe is a person and they pull Jimi away. I feel his finger slide against my hands until they let go. Then I hear people running and talking and everything goes black.