Be There

Jimi's P.O.V.

I called Karen and all I heard was a bang which I assumed was the phone dropping and a thump, but I don't know what made that sound."Hello? Karen? Karen?!" I yelled, I hung up the phone, grabbed my keys and ran out the front door. I called Kim to meet me at Karen's house right away. I drove over there and Kim was just arriving. Kim ran over to me
"What's goin on? Why we here?"
"I called Karen and she answered but then the phone fell and I heard a thump. She never said anything we have to check on her!"
"Okay. Let's go!" We ran into the house and looked everywhere downstairs, Kim ran over and met me at the bottom of the stairs "Mark is gone. The keys are gone and his car ain't home"
"Let's check upstairs.. Now!" I ran up first with Kim right behind me. We checked behind every door and I checked the master bedroom. The room was clear but the bathroom door in their room was open a little. I walk slowly over "Karen?" After no answer I open the door. It felt like my world was crushing. I stood above a bloody Karen with bloody towels on her body. I couldn't believe what I saw. Did she do this to herself? Did Mark do this? I couldn't move, it was hard to breathe. I was frozen. Kim suddenly pushed me aside and went to Karen's side. I never heard her come in. I was just in shock.

"Jimi! JIMI!" I was snapped out of my shocked state when Kim threw the roll of toilet paper at my head
"Is she alive...?"
"Barely! But she's holding on. Call 911!" I nodded and pulled out my phone and called 911. I told them everything they needed to know and they said help was on the way. I moved so I was on the floor next to Karen. I held her hand.
"I'm so sorry Karen" I started to cry. Kim was crying and holding her other hand
"J..Jimi? Did she do this to herself?"
"No.. She couldn't have... She wouldn't be able to tolerate this much pain doin it herself... Mark did this! I'm gonna Kill him!"
"Jimi please don't... Karen needs us... She doesn't need you in jail for goin on a murder spree" I look at Kim and look at Karen and nods I couldn't believe this. She could have stayed. She could have been safe. We heard the ambulance arrive along with police cars. They came in the house and yelled
"Someone call an ambulance?!"
"Upstairs! Hurry!" I yelled forcefully. They rushed up and Kim and I got out of their way. They checked Karen over and covered the cuts before they put her on the gurney. We followed them downstairs and to the ambulance. The police stopped us from getting on cause they needed our statements. Kim told a policeman what happened, and I told another. They let us go and we drove straight to the hospital. We arrived and ran inside. Kim went to the desk and ask the nurse
"We want to know how Karen Fairchild is doin?" The nurse searches her computer.
"Mrs. Fairchild is still being looked after. Please have a seat in the waiting area and a doctor will be with you shortly."
"Thank you" She walked towards the waiting areaand I followed. We sat in silence.

30 minutes later...

Kim rested her head on my shoulder with a tear stained face. I kept looking ahead. We starred at nothing for what seemed like forever. When a man walked by and went to the desk. "Im looking for my wife. Karen Fairchild?" The nurse at the desk was busy and replied.
"One moment sir"
I moved Kim off me carefully and got up "You bastard!" I turned Mark around and punched him in the face. He fell to the ground. "If you ever lay a hand on her again, you'll be the next one on a hospital bed!" Kim ran over and hauled me back.
"He aint worth it Jimi."
"Yes he is! He hurt Karen! He's worth every punch and kick I can get in!" Security came over and pulled me back
"What is all this disturbance all about?" I was about to speak up before Mark but Kim spoke first.
"This man attacked his wife. He is now trying to act all innocent and be the loving husband. But he ain't! Me and Jimi found her andcalled 911.Mark left her to die." The security nodded and escorted Mark off the hospital premises. The doctor can out and asked for Mark. We walked over to him.
"Are you Mark?" He asked me
"No... We are her friends."
"I'm sorry. We can't give any information to anyone other then Karen's emergency contact" Security came to the doctor and told him that Mark did it to his wife. And the doctor looks at us. "I'm sorry, about that. Seeing as how you two called 911, you'll be considered her emergency contact until Karen says so."
"Okay"
"Karen is doin okay. She suffered some serious cuts. We stitched the worst cuts, which were found the legs and put bandages over them all. She will be weak and tired from the blood loss. Since you both are now her emergency contacts she will need to be cared for until the stitches are removed. She can walk but very little. Would any of you be willing to take her and care for her while she heals?" Kim and I looked at each other and she started to speak.
"I would have to change my computer room into a guest room"
"Its okay Kim. I a guest room already for someone. She can use it" Kim nods and the doctor gives me a list of do's and don't's of how I and what would be good and bad for Karen. After that we could finally see her.

We walked in and sat beside her. She was sleeping, but she looked so pale and fragile. I don't know how or why some one could do what Mark did to another person. We sat there for a while starring at Karen and looking at out phones from time to time, it started getting late and Kim yawn. "Kim, you're tire, go home. She'll be fine."
"You need rest too"
"I'll sleep here, I'm not leaving her. I know you probably think its wrong, cause she's married and way out of my league, but... I love her. And I don't wanna lose her. This happened because of me and I'm gonna be with her every step of the way and make sure she doesn't get hurt because of me again." Kim smiled and nodded as she walked to the door. She opened it and was about to walk out when she turned
"I don't think it's crazy. You love her. And she loves you. She's just been through a lot and can't admit it to you or herself. She needs help getting out of this marriage and back on her feet before she will admit it. You are meant for her. What you do and say prove that. I'll see you tomorrow Jimi." She smiles and leaves and I face Karen. I sit there and watch her sleep.

A couple hours later...

Karen's P.O.V.

I wake up moving slightly, but I don't wanna open my eyes. I'm too sore for that. I'm too sore to do anything. I wanna lay here and not move. "Karen?" Someone is here and saw me move. 'Shit' I thought. Was it Mark? It didn't sound like Mark. I wanna know who it was but I don't wanna open my eyes. I forced myself to open them and looked around the room. "Karen... You're awake." I see Jimi moving off the chair and standing next to me. He reached up and grabbed a glass of water with a straw and helped me drink.
"Wh... Where am I?" I have a raspy voice, worse then my usual voice. I sounded weak.
"You're at the hospital. Me and Kim found you on your bathroom floor. I tried calling and you answered but never said anything. I panicked and called Kim and we came over. I'm so sorry he did this to you... I told you I would help you and protect you. I said I'd kill myself to get you out of the marriage. I failed... I let him hurt you... I'm so sorry." He started crying. I was sore, in shock and feel like a horribe person.
"No... Don't feel bad. You didn't do this... I left your house knowing the consequences, I did this to myself, He did this cause I cheated on him... I never told him, he just assumed... I deserve it... I never followed his rules... He warned me..."
"No Karen. This isn't your fault. Its Marks. He did this to you cause he's an asshole. He doesn't know how to treat a hot, beautiful, smart, funny and amazing woman like yourself. You didnt deserve anything he has done to you. You deserve to be happy. Everyone does." I started to tear up as Jimi was speaking. I wanted to believe him. I really did.
"I did deserve it... I didn't follow his rules..."
"His rules aren't real rules, he just used them on you so he could get what he wanted. You are never goin back to that Kiki. I promise you that. You're coming to live with me." I smiles slightly and nodded.
"Will you help me? Goin through the divorce? And helping me cause I can't relly move at the moment?"
"I will always be there for you. And I'll be there for you during the divorce, you're not alone. And I'll be there if you ever just want to talk."
"Thank you, its good to have someone like you to always be there for me."
"Always." He smiled as I yawned. "Get some sleep. I'll be right here when you wake up" I nod and slowly drift off to sleep.