Chapter 5. - Take care

Christine’s P.O.V

“He actually called me a cutie.” I happily smiled, giggling along with Emma and Coraline.

“Wauw, I honestly can’t believe it. Are you sure you didn’t saw a dead body hidden in the closet?” Emma giggled.

Geronimo did actually have a gun. But Gabriel’s voice rang in my ears. I had promised not to say anything if I saw something that I shouldn’t.

“And he didn’t tried to get in your pants?” Coraline laughed, as we walked down the hall on our way to the cafeteria.

“Coraline!” I hissed, not surprised by her horniness.

“Oh come on Christine, Gabriel Edwards is kinda cute. ” She giggled, smiling at me.

“I don’t know, he’s a very down on earth person actually.” I couldn’t believe I was the one telling them about boys. It was usually, or well always, them who told me about some cute guys they had met. I didn’t really have guy friends, expect from Elliott.

We finally reached the cafeteria. Gosh, I was starving. We waited in the line for about ten minutes, before it finally become our turn.

Hello Edna.” I looked up to see Coraline, talking to her best friend. Just kidding. Edna was the lunch lady at our school, and to say that she always looked grumpy was a big understating.

I’m pretty sure she hates kids, and especially teenagers.

I don’t really know why Edna hated Coraline more than the rest of us, she just did.

Sigual.” Edna mumbled, her lips pressed together in a firm line.

“Chicken with beans, thank you.” Coraline snapped back.

Smacking the chicken along with the beans on a plate, she handed it to Coraline.

“I’ll find a table for us.” Coraline mumbled, grabbing a bottle of water.

“Hey, I would like a salad, without dressing.” Emma smiled, polite as she was. I rolled my eyes. Yeah, lick that ass like that Emma.

“Next.” Edna deep voice grunted seconds later.

“A chicken salad, please.” I sighed, placing a bottle of water on my tray.

As Edna had handed the plate to me, I turned around, looking for where the girls went.

“Hey Christine!” Pheobe’s light voice was heard from somewhere behind me.

I turned around, to see her with quick steps running over to me.

“Where are we sitting?” Pheobe asked tilting her head, as she took a sip of the apple juice she held in her hand.

“You don’t want something to eat?” I said, dying to come down and sit, feeling my stomach rumbling.

“No, I refuse to eat that torture chicken! It has for sure been sitting in a small cage, not even space to spreads its wings.” Pheobe sighed frustrated, shaking her head. I looked down at the chicken pieces in my salad. Hello guilty conscience. Thank you, Pheobe.

“They’re sitting over there, come!” Pheobe happily said, pulling in my arm.

“Hey Pheobs.” Coraline mumbled, as we reached the table, her mouth filled with the chicken.