Chapter 29 - Innocence

Please be aware that the following chapter might contain mature content that will seem offensive for under-age children. PG-13 +

Jason's POV

"I hate you Jason McCann.” Christine spat at me, before she started walking away with a limping Elliott by her side. I wanted to run after her. Tell her that I was sorry (Even though I didn’t regretted what I had done), but Gabriel stopped me.

"Let her cool down, Jason.” He muttered, and put a hand on my shoulder.

"What do I do?” I sighed and turned around to face him. I really was lost. Didn’t Christine know that I just wanted to protect her? Protect her from people who weren’t good for her.

Gabriel's eyes followed Christine until she was gone.

"We’ll drive her back to the house. Don’t worry.” Gabriel replied, chewing on the inside of his cheek, before he went to his motorcycle.

I was sitting alone in my car, smoking. It was months ago, I had done smoked this many cigarettes. It was my 6th cig, since Christine's and my argument. When I didn’t had her near, I needed something else to be addicted to.

Gabriel and Dakota motorcycles were outside the house, which might mean Christine was inside the house.

With a sigh, I stepped out of the car and inhaled the smoke from the cigarette. Inside the house it smelled like Christine’s home. Sweet, kind of like vanilla. Christine light brow/gray bag stood in the hallway. I could hear her cute giggle from the kitchen.

I stood in the kitchen door and looked at her and Geronimo. Christine stood and whipped in a plastic bowl, while Geronimo washed up. Washed up?! Normally he left all his kitchen stuff untouched for several days before he washed it up.

I knew see Geronimo had seen me, and I hoped he knew what I wanted him to do. Go away, so I could be alone with Christine.

Christine's POV

“Geronimo, you have to use hot water when you’re washing up," I grinned, looking over at Gabriel who desperately tried to wash up another bowl with cold water.

"Well, damn. It doesn’t say that in the recipe?” Geronimo giggled confused and turned the other way on tap.

Geronimo was a good person -compassionate and fun. He had comforted me when I arrived to the house. Something Gabriel and Dakota couldn’t. You could talk seriously with Gabriel, but he rather not getting mixed up in other people's personal matters. Dakota was the type of person you have fun with. While Geronimo, he was the one giving you a hug of when you needed one.

"I'm coming in a minute,” Geronimo suddenly muttered and walked out of the kitchen. I just nodded and continued to stir the cupcake frosting.

A moment later Geronimo came into the kitchen again. Or I thought it were him.

"What color do you want the frosti-” I stopped in the middle of my sentence when I saw who was behind me. Jason.

I turned the other way again, and continued to stir the cupcake frosting. I could feel my heart beating faster as Jason approached. I could feel my hand shake as I poured down some red food coloring down in the frosting.

He placed his hands on my hips and whispered into my ear, ”What are you baking?”

"Cupcakes.” I muttered and turned around to stand face to face with him.