Chapter 39 - Every act has a consequence

“Then what? Did you kiss?” Pheobe whispered to.

I slammed my cupboard door shut, and leaned myself against it. I slowly nodded.

Pheobe’s eyes were suddenly much bigger and her mouth opened slightly.

"And you haven’t told Jason, right?” She asked.

"No, of course I don’t have.” I sighed, and looked down at the blue floor.

“’Cause he can’t know it.”

We walked down the hall and sat down on one of the giant window-frames.

"Have you talked together since you phoned yesterday?” Pheobe said after a few seconds of silence.

“No, he called me last night, but I didn’t answered it.” I sighed, and looked down at my books I had in my arms.

"He’s probably worried sick.” I snorted. I hope so.

"Although he was an idiot, don’t you feel a little sorry for him?” Pheobe said quietly.

I raised my eyebrows. ”I don’t really feel sorry for him right now.” I said and looked at the passers-by.

"No, I understand.” Pheobe smiled weakly.

"He's so... mad sometimes.” I said, and looked down at my books.

Pheobe shook her head, and bite her lower lip. ”He's not mad. He's in love.”

I looked up at her and nodded slowly. Pheobe was onto something.

"We have English in next lesson don’t we?” I muttered and got up from the windowsill.

"Yes, why?” Pheobe asked puzzled.

"I’ve taken my math books instead of my English ones.” I snorted and shook my head before I ran down towards my cupboard again.

I ran a hand through my hair and took a deep breath. I had to relax a little. After Elliott had kissed me yesterday, the thoughts had been running around in my mind 24/7. Maybe Elliott was right? Maybe Jason didn’t deserved me?

"Hey Christy,”

Speaking the devil.

I looked to the side and saw Elliott, smiling at me.

"Hello,” I said, and closed the cupboard shut.

"How are you?” He asked softly, stroking his hand against my shoulder.

I shrugged with a sigh. ”Well, okay I guess.” I replied.

"Come here,” Elliott muttered and opening his arms for me. I chugged into his arms and he put his arms around me. I placed my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes shut.

Jason's POV

I saw it all happen. How that girlfriend-thief had his arms around my girl and how she did nothing. I was shocked and a little disappointed. I had only been gone for a few days and Christine had already decided to replace me? With him?

Christine whispered something in Elliott’s ear and he slowly nodded and walked down the hall in the opposite direction from me.

Christine turned her attention back to her cupboard, and began to rummage among the books and papers. The bell rang, and most students hurried back to their classes.

With quick steps, I walked down to Christine. She had seen me. But she ignored me and continued to look for the non-existent books in her cupboard.