Chapter 45 - One last time

Christine's POV

"Say goodbye Elliott." Jason whispered.

"No!" I shouted, and jumped in front of Elliott.

If Jason hadn’t had amazing reaction skills I probably would have been dead by now.

"Move Christine." Jason snarled and impatiently waved with the gun, wanting to get me out of his way.

"Jason ..." I whispered, and slowly took a step toward him. I carefully placed a hand on top of the gun, and lowered it. My gaze slid from the gun to Jason's red eyes.

"No more killing. It doesn’t help anyone." I whispered, standing as close to Jason as possibly, so that our foreheads touched.

Gabriel came running, but Jason held up a hand, as a signal for him to stop.

Jason put his arm around my waist and bended his head down to mine. I tried to calm him down by laying my hands on his chest, and kept keeping eye contact.

Jason slowly closed his eyes, and pressed his soft lips against mine. I ran my hands along his neck and rested them on his cheeks.

I pulled away and Jason sighed loudly. It worked. I had calmed him down.

"If you don’t kill him, I'll do it."

I shocked turned around, and saw to my amazement Dakota smashing a fist right into Elliott's head.

"Stop!" I shouted, as Dakota repeatedly hit Elliott in the head. I tried to run over to Elliott, but Jason held my body close to his.

"Shall we let him do it?" Gabriel asked with a shrug, and looked at Jason.

"No!" I said startled, and looked up at Jason.

Jason thought about it for a second, before he shook his head. "Just find out how much he knows."

"Dakota..." Calvin sighed, and both he, Gabriel and even Geronimo had to come to the rescue to remove him from Elliott now had some blow to the head.

"Why does he do it?" I whispered to Jason still in shock at what I had seen.

Jason put his head on my shoulder and kissed my ear.

"Because it reminds him of Pheobe and himself. Everything that came in their way, he also tried to kill." Jason smiled.

"How can you smile about that?" I gasped, and stepped away from him.

"How can you get yourself to be with such a loser?" Jason snorted.

"Because I didn’t want to be with the loser there’s standing in front of me..." I mumbled and took a step back.

"What did you say?" Jason snarled and pulled me back in front of him.

"Don’t pull this shit on me, Christine. Wait for me over there." He whispered, and held a firm grip under my jaw, so I was forced to look at him as he pointed towards his motorcycle.

I twisted myself out of his grip and went with quick steps over to the motorcycle. I could feel Jason's eyes in my neck for me, but when I checked if he still was looking, he talked with Calvin.

I had a chance now. I could run. Although I didn’t know where I was, it was probably better than being taken away by Jason.

So I did it. At first I just walked with noiseless steps away from the others, while I kept an eye on Jason. Then I started to sprint.

"Fuck no!" I heard Jason's angry voice. The sound of his motorcycle motor turning on was heard not far from me. He was catching up with me.

I ran through bushes and as many narrow roads as possible, to make it difficult for him. I stopped for a second to catch my breath, but I shouldn’t have done that. Jason came running and literally jumped on top of me.