Chapter 43 - Lost

Christine's POV

"Tell me where the key is. Tell it!" He angrily hissed.

"I don’t know what you’re talking about, I swear!" I helplessly weeped, hoping someone would hear me.

"Liar!" He shouted, and sent me with a hit in my jaw, down the chair.

"But I really don’t know!" I screamed, and sat up in bed.

"Christine!" Elliott exclaimed, and jumped up from the chair by my desk.

"I don’t know what they are talking about, Elliott!" I cried in despair as he sat down at the bed and lifted me onto his lap.

"Shh, Christine. You're safe now, I am with you.” Elliott said soothing, and ran a hand through my hair.

"What happened, Christine?" Elliott said after a few minutes of silence.

I put my head on his lap with a sigh. ”They tricked me."

"Desied was his name, he wanted a key to a compass, but I don’t know what he was talking about!" I cried again, and hid my face in my hands.

"Christine, my love, who is Desied?" Elliott sighed, and leaned down over me.

It felt strange to be called 'my love' by Elliott. And that's when it dawned upon me what was missing. Jason.

"Where's Jason?" I whispered, and immediately moved away from Elliott's lap. If Jason saw this, Elliott would be a dead man.

"Don’t worry, you're safe from him now." Elliott said tensed.

"Wha-what do you mean?" I stuttered and got up from the bed.

Were Jason's dead? What had happened in the time I had slept? I got up from my bed, but fell to the ground in a painful scream.

"Christine!" Elliott said in surprise, and quickly came to my rescue.

"What's wrong with my foot?" I cried and supported myself to his shoulder.

I couldn’t walk; I could barely limp on it.

"It's your ankle. It is ... injured.” Elliott muttered, and carried me back up on the bed.

"Injured?" I whispered.

I knew what an injured ankle meant: NO dance for at least a month.

Poinsettia, the show I had been practicing for several months, was now not a possibility. Maybe I could never dance again?

"No, no that's not true!" I cried, and struck my hand into one of the pillows on the bed.

"I’m going to murder Jason, when I see him! I’m sure he knew about this Desied, so it's his fault that his insanity enemies are after me!” I shouted in frustration.

I didn’t actually want those words to come out of my mouth. They just did. Of course it wasn’t Jason's fault. It was me who was stupid enough to trust a stranger. It was just releasing to blame someone else for a second.

"If you kill him, it will affect yourself." Elliott suddenly said, as if I had actually meant it when I said I would kill Jason.

"But you can still take revenge. We can take revenge.” Elliott smirked to me.

"What are you talking about?" I frightened whispered. I didn’t like that smirk that were playing on his lips.

"Come on Christine ..." Elliott said ”There must be something you know you shouldn’t know about Jason."