Chapter 15 - Bring me back

Christine's P.O.V

I woke up to a grey and cold Sunday morning. I had to strain myself if I was going to open up my eyes today.

Jason wasn’t beside me anymore. Instead I lay, alone, under my duvet. I snuggled myself further down under it. I was still wearing his sweatshirt.

Conjured, I stepped out of my bed and went to the bathroom.

My face felt swollen, as it does when you've been crying for a long time. I looked at the girl mirror, and lay two cold hands on my cheeks.

My eyes were still red and puffy; the mascara was smeared out under my eyes. Had Jason seen this and been indifferent? Unbelievable.

I snorted.

Yesterday's memories flew back: My date with Elliot that Jason with pleasure had spoiled, where he afterwards had threatened me to rape me. But he wouldn’t have done that to me. I refused to believe that. I had maybe thought he would do he when it all happened.

“LICK IT AWAY OR I’M GONNA FUCKING RAPE YOU!”

I closed my eyes.

But when I saw what he looked like afterwards... He had looked so wrong. Pale and his eyes were staring sadly at me. Not that it was an excuse for what he had done. I had felt so helpless. And thought he didn’t really cared about me. But I knew now, that he does. He actually wanted me. And it scared me.

Peevishly, I pulled the hoodie over my head and threw it at the floor, along with the white shirt.

I looked at the naked girl in the mirror. She also looked completely wrong. Distraught, as one who was in love. In love? Was I really in love? Did I even want to be that?

I turned on the hot water and entered it with a sigh. I let myself slide down the wall while the water splashed down at me.

I sat with my legs up to my chest and rested my eyes down in my knees.

I felt so dirty. I sat there for a while. I thought about it all. What else I could have done. Then I blamed myself for blaming myself for something that wasn’t my fault. I got up and scrubbed the soap against my skin. I didn’t want to waste any more time to sit here and feel sorry for myself. This hadn’t been my fault. And even though Jason had apologized, it was still not enough. I needed a proof that he was sorry. That he would never ever think of doing something like that again.

Jason’s P.O.V

I let the hot water splash down at my face.

"STOP JASON! YOU’RE HURTING ME!" She cried.

I closed my eyes in. It still hurts to think about.

"Sorry Christine, I'm so sorry,"

I really was. What on earth had I done to that poor girl? Just as I had been about to win her trust, then I had as usual ruined everything.

I wanted to go and visit her. Right now. But I know that won’t help anything. She needs to think. I didn’t want to push her ​​more than I already did.

I sighed. So until she had decided, I could only think back at the memories.

It had felt so right to be the one that could comfort her when she had cried. Even though I knew it was my fault that she had been crying her eyes out.

To have her little body in my arms while she sniffled into my chest. How I gently had rocked her in my arms as she slowly had fallen asleep.

I wanted it to like that forever. Not that she had to cry. No, she was never going to do that anymore. It was a promise I had made to myself.