Chapter 30 - The four directions

Jason's POV

I woke up late night in my dark bedroom. Christine was under my arm deep in sleep. I smiled. Her petit hands were on my neck and her face was hidden in my chest. She looked so peaceful. I looked over at the digital clock that stood on my dark-brown bedside table. 2:10 a.m. The drawer was still open, from when I had been looking for the condom. In a sigh, I got up from the bed and took on a pair of gray sweatpants. I stroked Christine's soft cheek and took the bed sheets over her. As I walked out of the room, I locked it from the outside. No one should be able to walk into my girl, and certainly not when she was naked. Now I just hoped she wouldn’t wake up.

I went down the stairs and into the kitchen. I found a beer that I went into the living room. As expected, they all sat together on the couch waiting for me.

Flashback

I placed the dishes in the dishwasher, and closed it. When I turned around to go up to Christine who was waiting for me, Calvin was suddenly in the doorway to the kitchen. What did that man need now?

"Meeting at 2 a.m.” Calvin said, lifting his eyebrow at me and turned around to walk into the living room.

"Why always at night?” I whined like a child and looked annoyed at him.

"Because we’re all here at night.” He sighed, and went over to the dining table. The candles were still lit.

"I don’t know man. I have my girl here… ” I mumbled, turning around to walk upstairs.

"Oh, believe me Jason,” Calvin said and sat down at the dining table's edge. ”You won’t miss this meeting. Not like the other you skipped for Christine’s sake.” He said and snuffed the candle’s flame with his fingers.

End of flashback

"What’s up girls, aren’t you supposed to have your beauty sleep? You really need it.” I smirked, as I sat down on the sofa.

"It's hard to sleep when you make noises that loud.” Dakota muttered, and wiggled his eyebrows.

I shrugged. ”It's not my fault I'm so fantastic in bed.”

"Jason shut up. This is serious,” Calvin snarled and looked around at all of us.

"Desied is back."

There was complete silence. Uncomfortable silence actually.

"Desied? R. J. Desied?” Gabriel whispered.

Calvin sighed and nodded. I couldn’t believe it. After such a long time. He couldn’t be back in Stratford, couldn’t he?

"What is that twat doing here? Didn’t he travel long time ago?” I hissed.

Calvin shook his head. ”Desied is still the leader of South. And now he's back.”

In infinity South and North had been fighting each other. Mason and Desied’s gangs had always been enemies. But now that Desied was back...

"But why is he back?” I exclaimed. That Desied was now back, could impossible mean anything good.

"Jason the compass, the compass! He has the compass,” Calvin sighed. Geronimo looked with a distorted face at Calvin.

"But it can’t be opened? We even tried.” I laughed, though I didn’t thought it was funny. ”It’s impossible.”

"That's why we must be vigilant,” Calvin said. ”He may have figured out how.”