Chapter 42 - Goodbye my lover

I practically jumped out of the car when I came to Christine's house. I stumbled and slipped as I ran up to the front door and frightened tore in the door handle. It was locked.

"Let me in! It's Jason!” I screamed and knocked harshly on the door.

No answer. No answer!? What the fuck is wrong with these people?

"Let me fucking in-”

I didn’t complete my sentence before the door got opened. It was Christine's father, Thomas.

"Where is Christine?” I said, and tried to push past him.

" No, don’t even try," he replied, and pushed me out of the door.

I looked at him in astonishment, and raised my eyebrows.

"What the... I'll have to make sure she's okay!” I shouted.

"She's okay.” a quieter voice behind Thomas was heard. It was Louis, Christine's grandfather. Was the entire family in there, and I wasn’t invited?

"Why wont you let me in!?” I shouted, and held the door as Thomas tried to close it.

"Haven’t you done enough damage?” Thomas hissed, and squinted his eyes.

"Thomas, let me handle this...” Louis sighed, and looked seriously at Thomas.

Slowly and reluctantly Thomas nodded, and muttered a, ”But don’t let him get into my house.”

"Jason." Louis said as Thomas went into the living room.

"Louis! I need to talk to her.” I said and ran a hand through my sweaty hair. Why wouldn’t they let me in? Had Christine got hurt?

"I know Jason. But is it worth it?” Louis sighed, and looked up at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. ”What do you mean?”

"I know who you are. After all the things has Christine muttered after she had been thrown here by the front door...” Louis said seriously, and I put both hands on top of my head. Thrown by the front door? I couldn’t just stand here anymore!

I entered the door, and tried to run down to Christine’s room, but Louis grabbed my shirt. That little man was strong.

"Jason! Look at me. I know how you feel, believe me. But you have to make a choice.” Louis said, and looked earnestly at me.

"You don’t know who I am Louis.” I whispered, and could feel my gun getting hot in my left pocket.

"You have two choices: 1. You can go to Christine’s room and pretend this never happened. Be Mr. and Mrs. ‘we rule the world’, but that’s not reality. The life you are living is dangerous and can’t stop them from hurting Christine.”

I looked down at the floor. Maybe he was right?

“But you also have another choice. Leave. If you really want to protect Christine and if you do love her, you will leave now. No matter how hard it is.” Louis said, and let go of my arm.

It was my choice now. I could ran down to her room, but something inside of me told me I shouldn’t.

"But she will still be in danger if I leave. I have to be with her!” I exclaimed. How did he suddenly know so much about my lifestyle? What had Christine told?

"No, Jason. If you stay with her​​ they’ll think she still has it.” Louis sighed and shook his head, as he nudged me out the front door.