Chapter 18 - Differences

Christine's POV

”Christine,”

With a strained groan I opened my eyes.

 “Christine! I’m coming in, in a second, ok?” It was my mom.

I yawned down in the pillow, looking over at the door.

But I couldn’t. Because a body was lying in front of me, blocking my view. Jason.

My mom couldn’t see him! Not like this. They would think I had become some kind of slut, who takes random boys with them home.

“Jason,” I whispered, laying a hand on his cheek. He looked adorable. Peaceful and innocent. I snorted. What a joke. How was that even possible? I don’t know. Maybe it was because the angry eyes were closed, his breath was calmed as his chest moved slowly up and down.

“Jason!” I hissed, as he just continued to sleep.

“What?” He mumbled with his eyes closed, wrapping an arm my neck.

“Jason you have to hide! My mom is coming!” I whisper shouted.

His eyes flew open.

We both jumped up from the bed.

I looked desperately around in the room. I tried to push him into my closet, but he was way too big.

“In here!” I said, pointing under the bed.

“But I’m claustrophobic!” Jason whined like a child. I rolled my eyes at him. Him, a criminal? You gotta be kidding.

Pushing him in under my bed, I laid myself back in the bed, acting naturally.

I stuck a hand down to him, hoping it would help a little on his claustrophobia. He immediately took my hand, so I started stroking the back of his hand with my thumb.

“Christine?” My mom whispered, poking her head into my room.

“Ehm, hi mom,” I said quietly.

“Why aren’t you up yet? Aren’t you going to school today?” She sounded worried.

“No, I think I might have caught a cold,” I said faking a cough.

“Oh, princess,” My mom mumbled, kissing my cheek.

“I have to go now, feel better soon! Call me if something’s wrong, okay?” She smiled slightly waving to me.

“I will,” I said faking a smile. It felt awful lying to the person you respect the most in this world.

Seconds later I heard the door shut, and a sigh of relief escaped my lips.

I let go off Jason’s hand, expecting him to get up to me. But he didn’t. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“You can come up now,” I mumbled, rolling my eyes. Nothing.

“Jason,” I sighed, leaning myself down, looking in under the bed. He was gone.

“What the,” I mumbled to myself.

“MUHAHA!” Jason shouted from behind, wrapping his arms around me.

“ARGH!” I screamed in shock, hiding my face in my hands.

Jason started laughing hysterically, falling backwards down on his back.

“Jason your dickhead!” I said but couldn’t help but giggle.

“Hey, hey, hey!” He laughed, taking me by the wrist.

“Good girls don’t curse,” He winked at me. I sat down on top of his stomach.