Chapter 46 - An uncertain feeling

Christine's POV

"Tea?" Pheobe asked and glanced at me through her glasses.

"Yes, please." I said, and sat up on the kitchen counter.

I was at Pheobe house, to talk with her about what was happening with Jason and me. It was about a week ago Jason and I had broke up that dramatically night. And I was still heartbroken. It felt like I was only a half person now that I no longer had Jason by my side.

"Well?" Pheobe said, and looked at me with her arms crossed.

"What?" I muttered, and looked at her in confusion.

"What is the reason you’re sobbing, here, in my kitchen?" Pheobe asked and handed me a green cup with tea.

I smiled wryly at her.

"Jason, I guess..." I sighed, and followed her into the living room.

"Don’t you think that you’ve cried enough because of him?" Pheobe suddenly said.

I was a bit surprised at the way she said it. It sounded accusatory.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sipping to the tea.

"It's okay to cry. But make sure you don’t cry because of the same thing twice." Pheobe said and raised an eyebrow.

"Very poetic, Pheobe." I smiled with a laugh.

"Shut up." She smiled shyly, and put her feet up in the sofa.

"Tell me about it all." She said shortly after.

I raised my eyebrows. "What?"

She looked back at me with the same accusatory glance.

"Okay, okay." I sighed, and placed the tea on the table.

Pheobe had been with me the day after Jason and I broke up, so she knew about everything that had happened. Except about the detail about Dakota that had gone completely berserk on Elliott. She probably didn’t need that right now, because I already knew that all this talk about Jason made her think about Dakota.

"You know that Jason and I broke up that night..." I sighed, and bit my lower lip.

"Yes?" Pheobe answered.

"But yesterday something happened..." I muttered, and began to tell Pheobe the story.

Flashback.

I was at school. The bell had just rung into the biology class, so I was at my locker. When I was slamming the locker shut, I saw someone standing behind it. It was Jason. He had his hands in his pockets, and was staring down at the floor.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered startled, and looked over my shoulder. The bell had emptied the hallway for students, so I was alone face to face with Jason.

He ran a hand through his tousled hair, and slowly raised his eyes to look at me. His eyes were red. More than if he had just been crying.

"Are you on drugs?" I whispered frightened and took a step back.

"Christine, please listen to me." He said, and grabbed my arm. He leaned himself against my body, so I was pushed up against the locker next to my own.

"Why are you doing this to yourself, Jason?" I sighed, and hugged him.

"You don’t need drugs to be alright, you know that." I said.

"When I don’t have you, I need another drug" Jason whispered and snuggled his face into my shoulder.

"Don’t do this to yourself." I whispered, and held onto the back of his shirt.