Chapter 41 - Injured

Christine's POV

I walked the last stretch from where the bus had stopped.

With a raised eyebrow, I looked up at a big, white rundown warehouse. Could it really here?

I opened a huge oak door, and stood in the middle of a silver hall. Literally, it was all made out of metal. In the middle of the floor was a large rug with a compass as motif. The arrows of west and east both pointed towards two dark passages.

"Who are you?” A hoarse voice was heard somewhere behind me.

I startled looked up from the rug when a man suddenly appeared in doorframe to the east passage.

"Um, I'm Christine Dion. I have an appointment with a Desied?” I uncertainly replied, and chewed on my lower lip.

He devious smiled at me and nodded.

"Come with me.” He finally said and turned around.

I started getting a bad feeling of this place. With slow steps I walked backwards towards the front door.

"Will you please tell him I'm coming later? I'll uh, have to do something at first.” I apologized, and turned around to pull the door handle but two tall men stood in my way.

They grabbed my arms and pulled away with me towards the east hall where the strange man was standing.

"Let me go!” I squealed, and tried to twist myself free.

"Calm down my ballerina.” The man laughed and held his hand under my chin.

I kicked at him, and hit him right in his balls.

Whining, he leaned forward and moaned in pain.

"Your fucking wh0re!” He shouted, and hit me in the face. The two men released their grip and I fell to the ground with a thump.

One of the men leaned down to me and put a cloth over my mouth.

I kicked, cried and tried to remove his hand, but the others held me down. My heart was beating fast and I couldn’t breathe.

Slowly my eyes closed shut, and everything started to get blurry. Jason where are you?

Jason's POV

"Christine is the key," Calvin yelled.

It felt like I got a kick in my stomach. My Christine?

" I don’t understand... How can she be the key?” I whispered and took a step backwards.

Calvin looked resignedly at me and shook his head.

"She is not the key physically! But she has the key. Or we think she has...” Gabriel muttered.

"Okay, fucking stop! I want an explanation right now!” I shouted and pounded my fist against the table.

I didn’t understand anything right now. How could Christine have the key to the compass? Why had she never told me about it? Christine was the most hones-… she never lie- Okay, but I just couldn’t believe Christine had never mentioned it! Maybe because she doesn’t even know it?

"The compass, last time it was opened was almost 80 years ago. It was owned by a girl named Idalie. She was reportedly the girlfriend of the leader of the North, Eric. Idalie had the key to the compass, and guess who happens to be the only one in Stratford, who has a great-grandmother named Idalie?” Calvin said, and leaned back in the creaking wooden chair.