Chapter 44 - Revenge

Christines P.O.V 

"Are you ready?" Elliott whispered.

I slowly nodded. We lay in a bush and looked at The North's house.

"And you are absolutely sure that they aren’t home?" Elliott nervously asked.

I nodded again. "If they were, the car or the motor bikes would’ve been there."

"Okay, let me repeat the plan. I’ll guard at the end of the stairs, and you’ll run down in the basement, and quickly take some pictures of the bomb and then take one of the D-34-D wires, and then, we’ll run away and go to the police with the evidences. Okay? " Elliott said and took a deep breath.

"Yes ..." I sighed and looked down at the camera I had in my hands.

"Good." Elliott said and kissed me on the cheek.

I wryly smiled at him and closed my eyes. I didn’t like this idea. Elliott had told me that it could give many years in prison, if the juries judge that Jason had planned to use the bombs. Was this really what I wanted to do? Would Jason might not just be even more furious when he one day he comes out of jail? Had Elliott not considered the consequences if this failed? But I didn’t get more time to think about it, because Elliott had already pulled me up from the cold December ground.

It was now a few days since Elliott and I had been sitting in my room, and talked about the plan. I could finally walk again, and my ankle was defiantly getting better. But I still couldn’t dance. I had never been so disappointed about not being able to take a part of the ballerina show. But maybe it doesn’t matter with that starring role? I mean, I felt so much like Evelyn, there’s exploited because of what she can do. I hadn’t told Elliott, but some part of me felt that way about this plan.  I wonder if someone would ever do or give anything to save my life? I don’t know.

Elliott smirked at me, as I stretched myself to reach the key that was on top of the lamp by the front door.

I fumbled with the key before the lock made a ‘click’ sound and I could open the door. It felt strange to be here again. The familiar smell of the boys hit me directly in the face as I stepped in. I had told them too many times, that they had to open some goddamn windows!

"Ew." Elliott muttered as he entered the house.

I quickly looked into the living room and into the kitchen, to make sure that no one was here. A smile spread across my lips as I in the kitchen could see, that the baking book that I had given Geronimo, was lying open at the kitchen table.

"How could you even stand to be here? It’s a pigsty." Elliott snapped and looked with a wrinkled nose around in the kitchen.

I shrugged, getting quite hurt by what he just said. "It was like my second home."

Elliott raised his eyebrows and shook his head. "Criminals."

"It's here." I said as we stood in front of the door that led down to the basement.

"Okay, hurry up. We don’t know when they'll be back." Elliott said strained, and looked toward the front door.

I nodded and pulled the door handle to go down, but Elliott stopped me.

"You're doing the right thing. I love you." He said and kissed me.

I weakly smiled back before I started walking down the stairs.

"Yell if anyone is coming!" I said, before making my way down the stairs. It was all black down here. And cold. I had always hated being down here, when Jason had to work with the bomb. But it was even worse now when I was alone.