m i n c e p i e

"Pilates? Oh, heavens no. I thought you said 'pie and lattes'." - Unknown

DEDICATION: whereandwho for the sweet comment on the previous chapter <3

"Snape. Snape. Severus Snape."

"Dumbledore!"

"Ron! Ron! Ron Weasley!"

"Harry Potter! Harry Potter! Ooh!"

"Heeeeeeeeermione!"

"Anyway, did you murder Oliver or not?"

"Nah, the prick reasoned his way out. Besides, being a receptionist by myself means that I have to do more work. If the quality of my work decreases, then my chances of being awarded Employee of the Month go poof."

"I've been meaning to ask, but why exactly do you want that title so badly? Does having your face on a portrait for everyone to see mean that much to you?"

"You make me sound like Kreacher the house elf. I don't want my head chopped off and stuck on a plaque, it would be terribly painful and unnecessary."

"Then why-"

"Because I need the money, slow one."

"Money?"

"Those shiny pieces of metal and rectangular sheets of paper, which are the reason why you're wearing warm clothes and cuddle your gingerbread man plushie every night."

"I do not have a-"

"Shh, don't deny it! I heard it directly from the housekeeping ladies."

"Hey! Are they the ones who kept putting cockroaches in my-"

"Anyway, um, my family's always been a bit sensitive about- about money, y'know, since it used to be tight. Even though we have enough to live, I want my parents to be happy, not just satisfied. We have enough money to be okay, but they deserve the best."

"Mozzarella... God, that has to be difficult."

"Well, it's life. Life's unfair. I've learned to deal with it."

"So what does this have to do with Employee of the Month?"

"My boss came up with a new rule to get our asses working. This time round, the Employee of the Month gets a huge raise for the next month."

"How much-"

"Thirty dollars an hour."

"Damnnn! So how do we get you this title?"

"Uh, we? Last time I checked, we means multiple people."

"I hate to quote High School Musical, but we're all in this together."

"You are the most sappy human being ever."

"I offer to help you and I get this in return?"

"How about I buy you another Christmas themed plushie?"

"Okay, I'm sold."