Chapter Seven

Baekhyun can't understand the sudden pang in his heart that never left ever since Chanyeol smiled at him. It's really weird since Baekhyun never felt this with anybody, not with his friends of course which is more weird because the last time he checked, he's straight.

"Seriously Baek, what's up with you?" Luhan asks for the nth time that day, since the latter  suddenly became quiet that's freaking his bestfriend out. He's sitting on Baekhyun's table as he holds his phone. "N-nothing" Baekhyun answers as he opens his book. Luhan sighs, "I can read you, you know? Even if Sehun is texting me right now.. I can still sense something" Baekhyun looks at Luhan, tempted to tell this weird feeling but he decides not to. "Maybe I'm just surprised that's all.. I can't just like someone.. Maybe I'm just trying to heal from Taeyeon.. Yeah" he thinks.

Luhan sighs in defeat and sits beside Baekhyun. "Fine, anyways! Sehun is going to study here too!" Baekhyun turns to his friend in surprise, "he is?? How?" Luhan smiles widely, "well he misses me so much he just can't bear it. But don't worry, he'll stay at an apartment nearby." Baekhyun nods and turns back to his books, he is about to flip a page when he stops, "are you going to live with him?"

Luhan smiles, "nope! I won't leave you alone you little puppy" Baekhyun chuckles and turns back to reading.

Dismissal came, Luhan happily goes to where Sehun is, since the two of them decide to have a date today. Kai is nowhere to be found, Baekhyun knows it's because everyday is a beer day for Kai so he probably is on his way to a club. Baekhyun takes a deep breath, somehow he feels alone that all his friends are busy but the same time he's glad that he can have some time alone.

He is walking slowly until he sees Chanyeol talking to a petite woman wearing a fur jacket, black hat and black shades. They seem to be debating over something. Baekhyun is about to retreat when Chanyeol sees him, a smirk creeps on Chanyeol's lips and decides to call the latter.

"Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun is startled to hear Chanyeol's deep voice, he just realized that the latter has a deep husky voice, which is kind of weird for Baekhyun since he's suddenly noticing things about Chanyeol that he never did before.

He turns and saw Chanyeol waving at him, like a lost puppy, Baekhyun walks to Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiles brightly, good thing Baekhyun is there so he can make an excuse and leave his nagging mother.

When Baekhyun is nearby, Chanyeol places his arm on Baekhyun's shoulder, surprising the smaller by the sudden skinship. Chanyeol's mom is also surprised since this is the first time she meets Baekhyun.

"Um, mom we need to go" Chanyeol says, still putting that fake smile that Baekhyun didn't even notice. Before Mrs Park could react, Baekhyun says, "hello auntie! I'm Byun Baekhyun" Chanyeol is shocked by the sudden introduction although he kind of expect Baekhyun to have good manners along with his bubbly personality.

Mrs Park smiles, "oh! Baekhyun. I heard about you" this time it's Baekhyun who is surprised, "about me?" Before Mrs Park can answer, Chanyeol sighs and changes the topic. "We really need to go"

Mrs Park knows what her son is doing and she can't lose to him. "Okay but, Baekhyun is coming with us this weekend" Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol with his pure innocent eyes asking the taller guy what the hell is happening. Chanyeol wants to react violently but he can't show Baekhyun that or he can't use him anymore, he knows his mother's evil plans and he can't let her win.

"Oh yeah Baek, we're going to the beach. You can come right?"