Chapter Twenty Nine

When Baekhyun wakes up, he feels his head ache so much it feels like he just got into a hang over. He closes his eyes again and holds his head until he remembers that today is his first day as Chanyeol's assistant. He immediately searches his phone and was surprised to see no texts from the giant. "Is he okay..?" He mumbles and decides to check Chanyeol's social media sites until he saw a post from Taeyeon.

It's her and her new boyfriend, looking happy as ever. He remembers what she said, "That's when I realize that I'm not the person you need. I can't help you to become a better person. My equations won't match your solution"

He can feel his heart pound, but the pounding hurts, like his heart is being beaten by different people. He thought he was okay, that even if he won't accept it, his mind is getting clouded with Chanyeol, but by the end of the day, Baekhyun knows that no matter what he does, Taeyeon still owns his heart. He shakes his head and tries to smile, today is his first day and he should start moving on, being Chanyeol's assistant can help him be distracted.

Baekhyun tries to uplift his mood, he is about to take a shower when the door opened revealing Luhan with a tray of water and some medicines. "Oh you're awake" Luhan says and smiles.

Chanyeol was quiet as Kyungsoo treated his bruised lip. Taehyung's blow was a hard one that the bruise can easily be seen. Chanyeol sighs once again, this time making Kyungsoo stop. "Chanyeol, tell me what's happening. Who is that person, why did he punch you?"

Chanyeol watches as Kyungsoo carres his cheek, holding him with his soft hands, gentle touches and loving stares. Chanyeol holds Kyungsoo's wrist making the latter surprise. Chanyeol hates it when Kyungsoo does these things, it makes him feel something, a feeling he never felt from anything. But it's so little that the feeling is like an illusion. He can't do this to himself and to Kyungsoo, he needs to stay away, he needs to hold onto Baekhyun.

"That's Baekhyun.."

Kyungsoo nods but he moves his gaze away. "I see" he says and gets another cotton. "Why did he do that? Did you do something?" Chanyeol wanted to tell Kyungsoo everything but he can't. He is about to say something when the door opens and a voice lingered in the room. "Oy Park Chanyeol, I'm really sorry I overslept and---" he stops when Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are looking at him.

But what stopped Baekhyun is the fact that Chanyeol is holding onto Kyungsoo, looking like lovers who got caught. Chanyeol's eyes widen, Kyungsoo might notice the sudden change of personalities. The air is getting more awkward until Kyungsoo moves away from Chanyeol. Surprising Baekhyun as well, "um, sorry. I'll just wait outside" he hurries up and left.

Baekhyun can feel his heart pound again, the same way it feels after he saw Taeyeon's post. "But.. That's impossible.." He mumbles. He holds his bag tighter. He never knew that Chanyeol is in a relationship before nor that Chanyeol is not straight. He could feel his hands shake as time passes by, he wants to leave but he knows he can't.

Just before he decides something, the door opens revealing Kyungsoo. Baekhyun nervously looks at the latter while Kyungsoo looks at him with hawk eyes. "Uh.. Hi. I'm Baek--" before he can continue, Kyungsoo spoke. "Byun Baekhyun, Chanyeol's assistant"

Baekhyun just nodded, he can feel intimidated by the way Kyungsoo looks at him. Like he wants to be eaten alive by the floor. Kyungsoo smirks, "I'm Do Kyungsoo.. Uh, Chanyeol's.. Bestfriend" Baekhyun seems surprised, he is starting to feel weird with Kyungsoo's stares. Kyungsoo noticed this, he knows that Baekhyun is weak and really weird compared to his attitude earlier.

Kyungsoo moves away from the door. "You can go in now" Baekhyun nods, "uh.. T-thanks" Baekhyun clumsily enters the room while Kyungsoo watches him. "Hm.. Byun Baekhyun.."