Chapter Thirteen

Curious, Chanyeol decides to walk to Baekhyun. But he stops midway because he realizes that he shouldn't interfere with Baekhyun and besides he went out of the cottage to get drunk and maybe hook up with someone interesting. But a part of him knows that Baekhyun is there because of him and even if Baekhyun is the reason why his heart is thumping for an unknown reason, he needs to accompany his "distraction".

As Chanyeol continues to walk towards Baekhyun, he notices that the smaller has beer bottles beside him and he's so immersed with the ocean that he didn't notice that Chanyeol is already beside him. Chanyeol watches as Baekhyun looks at the view, busy thinking as if he has a huge problem in his shoulders. Chanyeol knows, it's because of Taeyeon, Baekhyun's love.

The person who destroyed him, the person he trusted with all his life but then choose to leave her. It's actually sad, even if Chanyeol can't feel anything, he knows that what happened to Baekhyun is sad. It's a logical reasoning, to be sad over the lost of the person you love.

Chanyeol notices again how beautiful Baekhyun looks like, and somehow he finally had an answer to his involuntary pounding heart beat. Chanyeol knows that the human body reacts whenever it sees something beautiful or something that attracts it. Chanyeol smirks, thank God he's a genius because when a person is dumb, that human being will immediately conclude that the pounding of his heart whenever he or she sees someone is being inlove with that person, but Chanyeol knows better.

It's because all his life he wondered why he doesn't feel anything, no guilt, no pain, no saddness and no happiness. He tried researching about it but he just couldn't explain what it is. But what he found out is how amazing the body works especially the brain. But still, it didn't answer anything about him feeling nothing. All he knows is that he's not a normal person or so he thinks, because a normal person has feelings while he doesn't. Thus why he calls himself a robot.

Chanyeol sits down beside Baekhyun, "do you have beer left?" He waits for the latter to answer, he even saw the latter grimace, maybe after seeing him or maybe he doesn't want to share his drink but after quite a while, he passes a beer bottle to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol feels the awkwardness and he knows that he's the reason. "About a while ago... Um, thanks but you shouldn't have done that" he then hears Baekhyun say, "tsk" making Chanyeol turn to him again, he never saw Baekhyun this pissed before, did something happen before?

"Baek, what happened?" He asks, Baekhyun shook his head and turns to him. "Why did you bring Baekhyun here?" Chanyeol frowns, why would Baekhyun mention his name instead of the pronoun me? Why is he so pissed? Before Chanyeol could say anything, he notices something. Baekhyun's eyes are full of rage, anger, confidence, strength. Something Chanyeol never saw from Baekhyun's normal eyes. It's like this person is not Baekhyun at all.

"I.. My mom was the one who invited you, remember?" Chanyeol answers, eyes focus on Baekhyun. But the latter just smirks and looks away, "you're trying to read me Mr. Park"

Chanyeol frowns, what's up with Baekhyun? Is he that drunk again? Is he going to do something crazy? Before Chanyeol could react, Baekhyun laughs. "I'm not that drunk Chanyeol. I haven't finished a bottle yet."

Chanyeol is still analyzing him, the way this Baekhyun spoke, the way his eyes look, his posture, his voice, it's all different. "Who... Are you?"

Baekhyun turns to him and smirks, "I'm glad you asked, l'm Baekhyun's other self, Kim Taehyung"