Chapter Eight

Luhan is speechless after he heard Baekhyun's story that night, they decide to chat by the living room. Sehun is quietly eating some chips until he stops when the door opens, revealing Eunji and Baekhyun's mom.

"Hi auntie! Hi Eunji!" Luhan greets while Sehun stands and smiles. Baekhyun immediately went to them and help with the groceries. "Have you kids eaten? I can cook for you" Mrs Byun offers while Baekhyun shakes his head. "No mom, we finished already" he turns to Luhan who nods immediately and Sehun who is about to make face since he's so hungry and the chips are not really helping.

Mrs Byun nods and decides to go to their room. Eunji looks at Baekhyun with concern while he just shows her his angelic smile and mouths "I'm fine" Eunji lightly smiles and goes to their mom. When the two ladies are gone, Luhan turns to Baekhyun. "So what's your plan? How are you going to tell your mom that you're coming with Chanyeol's family?"

"Before Baekhyun answers that, can we eat? I'm starving here.." Sehun complains while Luhan lovingly ruffles his boyfriend's hair.

Chanyeol groans as he finally have some peace. Honestly he's starting to regret using Baekhyun. He doesn't want his mom to get closer to the latter since she'll probably annoy Baekhyun. "Ugh" he says, he looks at his phone, he has to tell Baekhyun that the trip is cancellled or something until Kyungsoo messages him.

"Hey, I heard that you're coming to the beach this weekend?"

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, how come Kyungsoo knows? Is this his mother's doing? Chanyeol sighs. His mother was like this ever since. She likes to control her son's life.

Flashback.

Chanyeol was 10 years old then, he knew what he wanted to be in the near future and that's to become a pilot. He doesn't know why but he has this passion about planes. Out of all his toys, his planes are the one he really likes and plays with.

He is happily playing one afternoon when his mom arrived home, looking stressed as ever. "Mom! Mom!" He ran to her and pretends that the plane in his hand is flying.

Mrs Park stops in irritation and turns to him, her face so down and frustrated. "Chanyeol, what did I tell you about being noisy?" Chanyeol's smile fades, he stands properly, showing his mom the proper posture that she taught him. She sighs, "what is it? Do you want a new toy?"

Chanyeol shakes his head, "mom.. I want to be a pilot". His mom's expression darkened, she leaned down to reach his eyes. "Chanyeol, honestly, you're going to be the CEO of our company. You can't be an engineer, chef, architect or even a pilot because you have to be the president of our company. You will take over soon."

Chanyeol wanted to protest but he can't, he's so afraid of his mom. He just nodded while his mom lightly smiles. "Good boy. I planned your whole life already. You'll study at a prestigious school and eventually study abroad. Afterwards, I can pass all our business to you. So you better be a good boy and study hard okay? Make me proud" Chanyeol nods, "yes mom" she then saw the plane in his hand, "forget becoming a pilot okay?" Chanyeol sadly looks at his toy, before he could reply, Mrs Park was no longer there.